Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DIY Auto shares

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: DIY Auto shares

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    The 2 basic items everyone needs. ..Duct tape and WD-40
    Agree. If you do not have duct tape and wd-40, then you are not a true north american or you are rich.[ pay for everything to be done for you ]

A fella riding his bicycle in the middle of winter ran into my door or maybe the other way around and i doored him, not intentionally. not expecting a guy to ride a bike with big snow fall, but they clean the roads quickly here and people try to get around by any means. Anyway, my door was a frameless type, where the glass would just go up on no frame. The impact caused the glass not to go up fully and trouble going down. The mechanic said only way was door replacement at about 700.
    I took the door cover and saw there was a piece of ceramic like material that was broken that had been attached to the glass with a bolt. I had to use my wits and to get some thing to put that back together and then adjusting and aligning it was rather tricky. In the end though it worked and saved that 700. In that fix i discovered a product that is very strong for bonding and can withstand the cold and heat. Its permatex weather strip adhesive. It prevailed where others failed.
    This product is super strong and holds tough.

• Permatex Super Weatherstrip Adhesive
    • Permanently bonds all types of weather stripping and can also be used for general purpose bonding including gaskets
    • Allows quick bonding yet maintains enough versatility in tack to allow large areas to be spread and bonded at one time
    • Black formula blends with weather stripping for less clean-up
    • Withstands extremes temperature
    • Resistant to gasoline, kerosene, anti-freeze and most solvents
    • Applications: Cut gaskets, carpeting, mouldings, foam, vinyl, fabric-backed vinyl upholstery, headliners
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Which tire dressing gives you the best result ?. tried many with so so results. I recently bought simoniz tire foam and is impressed with the looks and last about a week.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    DIY Auto shares

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Which tire dressing gives you the best result ?. tried many with so so results. I recently bought simoniz tire foam and is impressed with the looks and last about a week.
    The dressings from any company will give good results for a short time, but I found that the tire will, prematurely crack and degrade early.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I knew a guy who worked at a detailing shop, and he said that baby oil was the best thing for vinyl. That might work for tires, too. It probably wouldn't last that long, though.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    DIY Auto shares

A
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I knew a guy who worked at a detailing shop, and he said that baby oil was the best thing for vinyl. That might work for tires, too. It probably wouldn't last that long, though.
    And the tires felt as smooth as a baby's butt.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    DIY Auto shares

ERIC THE CAR GUY~~~

WD40 doesnt work that well. Tri flow or liquidwrench/pb blaster will turn that rusted sucka for you.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Ever wonder how a car engine block is made. It did came across my mind a few times. so here it is.

DIY Auto shares

one of all time favs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    ERIC THE CAR GUY~~~

WD40 doesnt work that well. Tri flow or liquidwrench/pb blaster will turn that rusted sucka for you.
    If you say WD40 is trivial, then those are fighting words to north american as my boss will say.

I myself have a preference for eco friendly products first and if they are not sufficient, then the rest. tri flow i use everyday, and liquid wrech is awesome as a penetrating fluid. Have not use pb blaster.

my current choice in this line is RELEASALL avaliable at the c-tire. says on the can Non Toxic.

• Releasall Lubricant frees rusted parts, stops squeaks, lubricates, and cleans and protects
    • Non flammable ozone-friendly propellant and moisture displacer
    • Spray applies evenly for great lubrication
    • Contains no silicone
    • Ideal for around the house, garage, cottage, car and other motorized equipment
    • 340 g

DIY Auto shares

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    If you say WD40 is trivial, then those are fighting words to north american as my boss will say.

I myself have a preference for eco friendly products first and if they are not sufficient, then the rest. tri flow i use everyday, and liquid wrech is awesome as a penetrating fluid. Have not use pb blaster.

my current choice in this line is RELEASALL avaliable at the c-tire. says on the can Non Toxic.

• Releasall Lubricant frees rusted parts, stops squeaks, lubricates, and cleans and protects
    • Non flammable ozone-friendly propellant and moisture displacer
    • Spray applies evenly for great lubrication
    • Contains no silicone
    • Ideal for around the house, garage, cottage, car and other motorized equipment
    • 340 g
    ahahaha, I grew up with WD40 with my RC cars. But once I found better stuff, naturally moved along.

*ahem.. WD40 smells better.