Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DIY Auto shares

Re: DIY Auto shares

Why would all three my brake lights pop at the same time??
    Almost caused an accident and got fined in the same spot yesterday.

Checked the pedal switch and seems ok. Replaced the bulbs and it works again.
    Until the next time...
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post

Checked the pedal switch and seems ok. Replaced the bulbs and it works again.
    Until the next time...

Trade that 89$$$@#$$ in for Toyota corolla. These corolla go the distance with normal maint. If you can't buy new, get yourself a nice used one [checked out by a certified mechanic ] and one less headache in your commute. How has that fiesta been, good or lots of issues ?.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Make sure the bulbs are rated for the voltage and current as the original specs say.
    Also, make sure the bulb holders are securely mounted. The filament of those bulbs are far more fragile than you'd think if they are shaking around.
    For some reason, subaro seems to think you need a different car. But that can't be right, otherwise it would be important to tell you that I've driven at least 300 K miles with every Ford I've ever owned. That doesn't help to find a solution for the problem you are currently encountering even a little bit.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 08-20-2016 at 02:04 AM.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Make sure the bulbs are rated for the voltage and current as the original specs say.
    Also, make sure the bulb holders are securely mounted. The filament of those bulbs are far more fragile than you'd think if they are shaking around.
    For some reason, subaro seems to think you need a different car. But that can't be right, otherwise it would be important to tell you that I've driven at least 300 K miles with every Ford I've ever owned. That doesn't help to find a solution for the problem you are currently encountering even a little bit.

I sooo wanna throw in a comment about Ford and Holdens.

For those that don't know there are two rival camps in Australian travel: The Ford camp and the Holden camp.

Every year during the V8 super car series there is a rival battle between Ford V8 and Holden V8 at Bathurst race way. The race humorously divides the Australian public between owning a Ford or a Holden car, a long with all the ribbing and friendly rivalry that comes with it. The rivalry got that way for me I thought about buying a Jeep(yeah right), but bought a Honda Accord instead.... . I'm not sure about the Honda now, I think a Jeeeep may have suited me better with boating an camping.

I'm throwing a few hooks out there to see if I can catch a big one....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Trade that 89$$$@#$$ in for Toyota corolla. These corolla go the distance with normal maint. If you can't buy new, get yourself a nice used one [checked out by a certified mechanic ] and one less headache in your commute. How has that fiesta been, good or lots of issues ?.
    Its on 120K and no real problems except for a broken auxiliary drive belt and this brake light problem.
    The Toyota's are good i know. Still cant trade or settle my car yet only on year 2.

Well it was the cheapest car i could find new. I was tired of fixing my old Opel Astra on a regular basis.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post

For those that don't know there are two rival camps in Australian travel: The Ford camp and the Holden camp.

Every year during the V8 super car series there is a rival battle between Ford V8 and Holden V8 at Bathurst race way. The race humorously divides the Australian public between owning a Ford or a Holden car, a long with all the ribbing and friendly rivalry that comes with it. The rivalry got that way for me I thought about buying a Jeep(yeah right), but bought a Honda Accord instead.... . I'm not sure about the Honda now, I think a Jeeeep may have suited me better with boating an camping.

The amount of people bitten by the engines in those Jeeps around here...
    Extremely expensive to maintain not to mention the fuel consumption.

If the fuel consumption is not an issue get a Toyota land cruiser with a Lexus V8 engine. Then you with go about like a boss.
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post

Ah yes, 40yrs ago remember taking taxis to school . The taxis would take 5 passengers at a time and everyone would look for the HOLDEN KINGSWOOD. What an awesome car for its day. When i go back to visit i still see one or two around. classic car.

Another equally impressive car in that day is the Toyota royal saloon and the Toyota super saloon. In my native land the mechanics still have those cars running and smooth too and the majority are used by the taxis.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Whatever

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Ahhh.... I touch of nostalgia...
    One of the pics from the above web page actually raised a glint in my eye.

Was it really that long ago, it feels just like last week....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

The amount of people bitten by the engines in those Jeeps around here...
    Extremely expensive to maintain not to mention the fuel consumption.

If the fuel consumption is not an issue get a Toyota land cruiser with a Lexus V8 engine. Then you with go about like a boss.
    It may be part of the Jeep curse.
    The original producer of the Jeep, Willies failed, and then the trade name was bought by American Motors, which failed, and then the trade name was bought by Chrysler, which almost failed but got bailed out by the US government back in the '80's with the compensation being the military got a bunch of three quarter ton Power Wagons as the initial replacements for military Jeeps as part of the program then to use some civilian vehicles (the Power Wagons were the first vehicle I got to drive in the Reserves that had working cabin heaters, and the vinyl seats were far better than the canvas and straw seats most military vehicles had then, but if you wanted to start one in the winter you needed to have a full can of ether along with, and they had the turning radius of the planet Neptune). Then Chrysler recently failed again and got sold to the Italians. Hopefully they can break the curse. I actually used to like Jeeps a lot, I learned to drive manual transmission in them.