Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Practical jokes.

anybody got some good practical jokes for unsuspecting coworkers? I'm tired of wrapping the manager's phone and laptop with cellophane, gluing his cup to the table, or hiding his car.
    Whatever

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Practical jokes.

Re: Practical jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    anybody got some good practical jokes for unsuspecting coworkers? I'm tired of wrapping the manager's phone and laptop with cellophane, gluing his cup to the table, or hiding his car.
    Put a couple of 'sky shots' in a paper drawer, below some clean sheets, and have them run several test copies. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED.?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

When I worked at the steel plant, I would take a rubber glove or something similar, and tie it around the drive shaft of someone's car. The noise of course stops when they do. Since I mainly worked night shifts, it was a pain for someone to troubleshoot at 1 am on the side of the road.

One of our IT guys was getting magazines that were kid related, like Boy's Life, for over a year. He was single at the time, and in his 50's. postman would give him funny looks. Not sure how that happened.

Those spring loaded snakes like you get in a fake can of nuts or candy fit well in the toner compartment of most printers. Same goes for big fake spiders.

We have a giant remote control spider at work. The front desk girls have scared the shit out of every UPS and Fed Ex person and most of the techs at one time or another.

Coworkers leave vehicle unlocked? Those rubber bungee tie down straps can make it a pain to get the door open, especially if it is connected to the other door.

When I worked at Weber Carburetors, back in the 80's, guys who smoked weed were always suspicious of new hires being law enforcement. One guy who looked the part, found a better job after a few months. He came in to say goodbye. I talked him into going around to all the pot smokers and tell them they were under arrest. Good times, good times.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Practical jokes.

When working late one night to get a machine ready for the morning
    a few of us went round to the salesmans house and cling wrapped his car
    we used around 5 rolls of wrap just to make sure we dint miss a bit

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Leave a sticky note for your boss..

"Please call Mr C Lyon at xxx-xxxx"

put the local aquarium's number in the xxxx's.

You have to be nearby to appreciate the humor..

Next one takes a little work...collect a good amount of hole punch scraps...Fashion a lightweight box about 6x2x2 out of paper. Fill the box with the hole punches and tape it to the ceiling directly above the victims chair using the long side as a hinge. Run a length of dental floss or fishing line (floss is easier to work with, but the line is harder to see) from the handset of the phone to the other side of the box...When he answers the phone...poof, covered in "dit-dot bombs"

Back in the Navy days, we would wipe black grease around the lookouts binoculars eye pieces..Just enough to leave black circles around his eyes, but not enough to notice it without looking in a mirror. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post

Here is an oldy but goody

Go to a fax machine and send a 1 page fax to his cell phone.
    Make sure you make the time between redials at least 1/2 hour and you max out the # of redials first.
    If it works correctly , that fax machine will be calling his cell most of the day.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

It was luck and timing, but once we got our service manager good after he told us night before to get in shop early for big delivery in AM. We all got in he was not there, and as soon as we were discussing it we all received a text from him that told us he was running late to get started, he was on his way. We all sent him a text one after the other about either we were running late or not going make it in and was sick. The look on his face as he rolled in the parking lot, saw us all there loading the truck up.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

I once changed the desktop on the Mac in the demo room to rotate the screen display 180 degrees, so that it was upside down.

One of the reps had a demo to prepare for the next morning.

If you know how to change it, it's an easy fix.

If you don't (and he did not), it's a hoot.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I once changed the desktop on the Mac in the demo room to rotate the screen display 180 degrees, so that it was upside down.

One of the reps had a demo to prepare for the next morning.

If you know how to change it, it's an easy fix.

If you don't (and he did not), it's a hoot.

My cats have done that to me.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Alien space ship attack.......

Get into one of your co-workers cars an potentially land-mine/booby-trap all their cars electricals:

Turn the radio up full volume.
    Turn the front and rear wipers on full.
    Turn a/c on full.
    Turn heater on full.
    Push the cigarette lighters on.
    Turn indicators on left or right.
    Turn interior light on.
    Turn GPS on.
    Turn Comms radio up full.
    Turn the seat warmer on full.
    Drop the driver seat right back.
    Open the bonnet/hood.
    Open the boot/trunk.
    Open the fuel cap/door.
    Open the glove box/compartment
    Drop the sun visors down.
    Shift all the rear view mirrors.
    And be an all round general pain in the @ss....

Watch the look on your co-workers face when they turn the vehicles ignition key on.......

Last person I did this to was my wife's car at her work place. I have her spare car key, so I electrically booby-trapped her car in the car park going past one day.

She never quite saw the funny side as she all but punched me when she got home. Luckily I can run faster than she can.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••