Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    No.. I don't believe a pin makes you a patriot. Really.. And no I wasn't referring to an e-mail smear. I haven't even seen the one mentioned on the earlier post. The reason is, that I don't care for reading the crap, no matter who they are bashing. I just don't care for Mr. Obama as a presidential candidate because I feel that his character is in question. That's my opinion and I know not everyone agrees with me and that's their opinion too. Also, I do believe that the best kind of decision made is a well informed one and that's what i plan to do..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    Oh, I'm sure i will vote. I would just like one of them to give me a reason that makes me feel like it's more than just the routine election. The past two or three presidential elections have sucked big green ones because NOBODY on either side was compelling enough to get people all on his side. That's why Florida was a debacle. It should never have been that weak.

Rush got mad at the Republicans two years ago and said he wasn't carryin' their water anymore. I ain't carryin' it for either side but there isn't a third that's anything but useless either.

I just want to see real leadership and I don't see it out of anybody.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    Oh, I'm sure i will vote. I would just like one of them to give me a reason that makes me feel like it's more than just the routine election.
    Yea, i'm not really sure what's up anymore either.. It would be nice to have a leader that really gets everyone behind him. who knows, maybe something will turn around and we'll see the leadership come through from someone. Goodness knows, america has been starving for it for a while..

Don't Blink! Blink and you're dead!

It's getting closer. Conventions are happening.

Anybody got a new viewpoint on this??? Before we crash headlong into oblivion???

Cdr. William Riker

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    I enjoy McCain's personality more. He seems to carry an open sense of humor. Obama is a little more reserved with his sense of humor. That is what it comes down to for me. I have lived through a lot of presidential elections (12) and I know what is said on the campaign trail means very little about how a president will perform or even what policies he will actually support. However, a person's personality almost always carries over into their public office.

I pay very little attention to what either candidate says. One side is all about 'change'. I have never seen a presidential election yet where that word wasn't hammered to death.

The other side yacks about experience and patriotism. Like I haven't heard that a billion times before.

Nope, it is just a matter of who you'd like to sit down and have a beer with.

9catheads

Lifelong Republican voting for Obama

I have voted Republican ever since I was of age to vote. I continue to think of myself as a Republican, however, for the first time in my life I will vote for a Democrat for President.
    The main reason is because the Republican party has left the true conservatives behind many years ago. My choice for President is Democrat Obama or McCain. That's it. No Republican candidate this year.
    Also the Republicans have spent and spent and increased the size of government. The budget is totally out of control. Oil prices are ridiculously high with no alternative in sight. Yet the biggest scandal has yet to hit the front pages; Wall Street and the "mortgage crisis". There are MAJOR issues on Wall Street. There are going to be huge bank and broker failures to come. All blamed on a made up mortgage crisis. It's all a ploy to put billions of dollars of Wall Street bad bets on the backs of US tax payers. Learn about Naked Short Selling at deepcapture.com ;It will kill the American financial system.
    I am voting Obama this year. I am voting against anyone currently in office in my State election (except Sen. DeMint). And if they don't get it right, I will vote against them in the next election. We must stand up as voters and demand that Public Servants serve the public again. Keep voting them out of office until we get those that listen to the voters.

Formerly the Dispatcher 50+ Posts Elle's Avatar

libertarian anyone?

maybe a lil rational anarchy....shake a few tyrants from the trees jefferson style? and where the hell did our constitution go fer christ sake....

i'd love to say i'll vote for whomever will protect what my family fought for but sadly i dont think that person will be runnin for prez anytime soon

torches and pitchforks

Yep unfortunatley it's a lot like flipping a coin and you get the same side no matter.

Just trying to make sure folks out there are thinking about it.

Cdr. William Riker

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts SuperTech's Avatar
    I'll take "the young dude", Grampa and his buddies havn't done shit for me and my family for the past eight years.

Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9catheads View Post
    No Republican candidate this year.
    Also the Republicans have spent and spent and increased the size of government. Keep voting them out of office until we get those that listen to the voters.

I agree McCain is a RINO.

To be fair BOTH parties have had there hands in the cookie jar. Not just the Republicans. So they are both guilty of creating this humongous, bloated non functioning blob, that we call government.

Being a Reagen conservative, I have been left behind, long ago.

I say we fire the whole lot of them and start over.

I will be voting for McCain. Will be holding my nose though. I have looked at how the candidates, stand and McCain is closer to me than Obama.

In the whole scheme of things, there is one thing that I rest on. God is in control. So I will be all right. The world will still be turning after the election, no matter who wins. How we live after that will be up to us. I do not rely on the government, so my future is up to me. I do not want the government to help me. I just want them to stay the heck out of my life, stay out of my wallet. It is a sad day when, people think that the government owes them.

If Obama wins, then I can complain about him, and tell you I told you so. But, if McCain wins, then the Obama supporters can complain.

I am agreeing to disagree with any Obama supporters, on this site. No matter who you support, we are fellow techs, and I will help any and all that I can.

Rob
    Last edited by laserman06; 08-29-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: clarification
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10