Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    What's the most whack customer description???

Re: What's the most whack customer description???

Local gay community center places a call for service. Demands that only a gay tech be sent. Boss sends out an email asking which one of us is gonna be gay for a couple of hours to get the call taken care of.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atwageman View Post
    Local gay community center places a call for service. Demands that only a gay tech be sent. Boss sends out an email asking which one of us is gonna be gay for a couple of hours to get the call taken care of.
    How many employees suddenly called in sick or excercised their retirement/redundancy payout options?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

That's so unfair and prejudicial. The next thing you know the Synagogs will all want Jewish techs, and, and the Evangelicals will want evangelical techs.

I must say though, that we had a battered women's shelter that requested a female tech. Since we didn't have one, I got elected (it was my territory). I got a pretty unusual reaction. All the women looked at me like I was the Boston strangler, or at the very least a sex offender.

So a straight tech is just unable to fix the problem? Or they need more than just copier repair? I'm offended. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 09-27-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Blackcat I'd told them I'll take a sandwich as payment.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I must say though, that we had a battered women's shelter that requested a female tech. Since we didn't have one, I got elected (it was my territory). I got a pretty unusual reaction. All the women looked at me like I was the Boston strangler, or at the very least a sex offender.
    Similar situation here. One of my clients is a crisis shelter, if I don't call and arrange to have a visit beforehand I'm treated as though I personally beat every single woman in there. It would be nice if people could draw the line between professionalism and paranoia, but there are policies in place for a reason in most cases...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

#warontechs

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

That's so unfair and prejudicial. The next thing you know the Synagogs will all want Jewish techs, and, and the Evangelicals will want evangelical techs.

So a straight tech is just unable to fix the problem? Or they need more than just copier repair? I'm offended. =^..^=
    For us, the women's shelters address is blocked, you have to call 1st just to get the address, then they match your face to the battered women's husbands/boyfriends mug shots. BTW what do you say to a woman with 2 black eyes? Nothing, you've already told her twice...Don't hate me, probably should go in the horrible joke thread. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    For us, the women's shelters address is blocked, you have to call 1st just to get the address, then they match your face to the battered women's husbands/boyfriends mug shots. BTW what do you say to a woman with 2 black eyes? Nothing, you've already told her twice...Don't hate me, probably should go in the horrible joke thread. Emujo
    Wow. I wouldn't have expected them to go that far with the picture comparison. I guess that would depend on how large the facility is and how many people they're supporting. You'd think they would expect to see you in a company uniform in a vehicle plastered in office logos WITH the mug shot if they're going to that level of extremism. How thrilled are you with the fact they have to keep your image on file?
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

"Each morning, my e-copy scan station PC is always switch off, but we always leave it on"
    "hummmmmmmmm... Okay"

On Arrival, the cleaner had unplugged the ecopy PC and plugged in her hoover.
    "There is you're fault, Please sign my chargeable pad Thank You"

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

When I was working for Xerox we had a women's shelter in my area, pretty lucky for them, at that time I was the only female tech working for Xerox in the entire UK, I think I only went there once, I wonder what happened for all other service calls.

i also, once went to a private house to fix a copier for a gay guy, my problem wasn't that he was gay, but that he was a woman hater, he was really abusive, threw me out and told me that 'people like me' shouldn't have jobs! I refused to ever go there again
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here