Thread: Tax time frauds

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Tax time frauds

Stupid idiots even call out here on the periphery, there was a message from one on the machine tonight.
    Final notice from the IRS my ass.
    Keep an eye out for them. Or actually an ear, I guess.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Tax time frauds

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Stupid idiots even call out here on the periphery, there was a message from one on the machine tonight.
    Final notice from the IRS my ass.
    Keep an eye out for them. Or actually an ear, I guess.
    We get the same Tax time scammers here in OZ.
    The tax scammers act with the usual fear tactics like,"you have outstanding tax amounts and you need to pay your bill immediately".

I can't understand why the scammers hang up the phone on me....
    Maybe it's my fits of laughter, or maybe it's the anecdote ,"does the letters 'F O' mean anything to you?"
    If the letters "F O" mean nothing to you sonny boy I can elaborate further in greater detail.

I quick phone call with the taxation department usually confirms the scam fairly quick.

True...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

the last time I got a call from microsoft windows who wanted to access my computer I asked the lady to send me a picture of her vagina. I think she abused me in a foreign language ( I couldn't understand so I,m not sure ). Talk about double standards , she got upset while trying to rob me, ......women!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    the last time I got a call from microsoft windows who wanted to access my computer I asked the lady to send me a picture of her vagina. I think she abused me in a foreign language ( I couldn't understand so I,m not sure ). Talk about double standards , she got upset while trying to rob me, ......women!

They called my wife one time. She knew what was up. She told them she was going to get my son , who was home from college at the time. I won't detail what he said, but it involved him telling them the computer was infected with photos of large male body parts. He used more graphic descriptions.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Tax time frauds

It depends what mood I'm in at the time, sometimes I just hang up, sometimes I ask them to wait while my computer loads up, which can be a very long time, I just go back to watching TV while wasting their time. Some times I'm very Politically Incorrect and racist and yell out to Mrs Lagonda that there is a $#@!&^% on the line that thinks he's smarter then a Westerner. (with apologies to all our CopyTechNet friends from around the world.)
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.