Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    What was your biggest oopsy on a call??

Re: What was your biggest oopsy on a call??

I learned many years ago. Never trust a fart. Had to incomplete a call to go get underwear

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Cool Re: What was your biggest oopsy on a call??

I've been at this for 35 years and have seen some crazy stuff. Once I was working on an old Toshiba at a bank in the middle of a bunch of cubicles. The copier had thrown a fuser error and I was attempting to ohm out the thermofuse. I'd opened the front door, but forgot to turn off the power. When I stuck my meter probe on the fuse it touched the frame and shorted out 115 Volts AC to ground. This caused the wiring to the fuser from the power supply to catch fire and an impressive mushroom cloud of black electrical smoke rose over the cubicle farm. One bank employee came running with a fire extinguisher. I waved my test pattern around to disperse the smoke, run up to Radio Shack and bought a spool of wire, rewired the fuser and had them back up in an hour. DOH!

After that I only ever set one other copier on fire. :-/

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s817 View Post

one more thing , once when working on a m/c I was on laying on the floor to get a proper look at something
    when I got up just at the exact time the office lady walked up to the m/c and my head went up under her skirt
    with my face looking straight at her , well you know what ,( yes she did have knickers on ) , I was very embarrassed
    to say the least ( surprisingly she was very understanding about it)
    Something similar, I was crouching down in front of copier with screwdriver sticking out of back pocket, stood up and handle of screwdriver hooked under hem of office girls skirt who was standing behind me. Judging by her scream and the roar of laughter from the rest of the office, if she had undies on they must have been very small!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

split pants - check
    spilled toner on cust floor\wall\ceiling etc. - check
    blown boards - check
    shorted optics lamp terminals and blacked out building - check
    left tool inside m/c - check
    dropped m/c off trolley ( written off ) - check
    received electric shock from fuser unit - check
    lost skin and blood from frame sharp edges\gears\chains etc. - check
    damaged drums\dev units etc. - check

these and many more , I think I've been in the industry too long

one more thing , once when working on a m/c I was on laying on the floor to get a proper look at something
    when I got up just at the exact time the office lady walked up to the m/c and my head went up under her skirt
    with my face looking straight at her , well you know what ,( yes she did have knickers on ) , I was very embarrassed
    Heh, split pants or wiped out knee areas, I still carry an emergency sewing kit for those eventualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Heh, split pants or wiped out knee areas, I still carry an emergency sewing kit for those eventualities.
    I've got one of those, it's a stapler.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

snip

thing , once when working on a m/c I was on laying on the floor to get a proper look at something
    I had some thing simliar happen to me but I was under the desk chasing power cords when a younger lady sat down on a chair. Needles to say I felt embarrassed. I fumbled to find my words when she said" I've been a bit lonely this month my partner works out of town ; can I have your phone number...." I mumbled something incoherent as I fell over myself on the way out the door.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    I had some thing simliar happen to me but I was under the desk chasing power cords when a younger lady sat down on a chair. Needles to say I felt embarrassed. I fumbled to find my words when she said" I've been a bit lonely this month my partner works out of town ; can I have your phone number...." I mumbled something incoherent as I fell over myself on the way out the door.
    Ee..eh, That was a real test of your mettle to resist temptation! The test was set by non other than Lucifer himself.....'the commander in chief of all evil forces'. Go ahead NeoM, tell us what happened next?

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Ee..eh, That was a real test of your mettle to resist temptation! The test was set by non other than Lucifer himself.....'the commander in chief of all evil forces'. Go ahead NeoM, tell us what happened next?
    My family use to tell me "be good to others, work hard and you'll tough out the hard times life throws at you".
    Parts of my personal life can get hard, and theres more ways to get corns on your hands than twisting a screw driver....

Look out, I'm sitting back having a beer any thing could happen....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Technician

7232 Dev change, the usual on them contamination of everything as I was removing the psu I forgot to unplug it from the wall.
    I knocked the machine during the shock spilling the coffee I had left on top of the adf not a good day.
    Another one was walking into a working machine and cocking it up during a routine service, then having to explain that you can't use it now as I've shorted out the hvps and it's printing blank pages.
    The most recent was a 232 Dev change I used the tool that you put on the shaft to spin up the tank when filling with Dev, only to forget to remove it and spend 2hours here to work out why I'm getting all these error codes.
    Made a few in my time.

As a rookie I was put on a delivery as the driver was sick. Sure enough stairs. Never saw a stair climber in my life. My pride wouldn't let me puss out and my gut told me the climber should stand up as straight as possible. After the 2nd stair gravity took the machine, the climber and finally me back right where we started face first.

Now I only defer to logic after all laws of physics have been cleared.