Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

How is the weather?

We are at the bottom of the winter storm on the east coast. Got about 1 tenth to a quarter inch of ice. What would be a minor inconvenience for people up north or in the mid west, has shut us down. I went in, the owner is off on a ski trip, the GM left after we got there for a road trip and they cut us loose at 11 so the trucks would not be on the roads. My daughter slipped down the stairs and a large sheet of ice flew off a truck and almost busted my front wind shield, but other than that it is not too bad. Sleet and ice is still falling. Hope you guys up north don't get buried. Stay safe.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: How is the weather?

Glad you made it home safe, supposed to start snowing here in southern New England tomorrow, snowfall amounts predicted vary depending on what station you listen to,but where I am I am expecting around 6 inches which isn't too bad for us. especially after last winter. coastal flooding a bigger threat for folks on long island sound 2 to 3 foot surge expected. I used to own a house in a flood zone, it sucks because besides the damage it can do to structures it turns the snow into immovable slush. but that's the x-wife's problem now . hope the folks down the eastern seaboard stay safe on this one.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

here in Illinois is wasn't too bad today around 25. Going to break above freezing Sunday they are saying. Hasn't been there in a while. Daughter in Jersey says 12 to 15 inches coming her way.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    here in Illinois is wasn't too bad today around 25. Going to break above freezing Sunday they are saying. Hasn't been there in a while. Daughter in Jersey says 12 to 15 inches coming her way.

What part of Illinois? I was born and live my early childhood in Danville.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    How is the weather?

I hope all of you on the east side of the US will weather the storm safely!!!!!! Here in Bugaha, we've already had our Tuesday morning of 5" of snow and traffic jams this week............ The older I get, the more I hate snow and cold............. Hmm might have to go ice fishing this weekend.......
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    We are at the bottom of the winter storm on the east coast. Got about 1 tenth to a quarter inch of ice. What would be a minor inconvenience for people up north or in the mid west, has shut us down. I went in, the owner is off on a ski trip, the GM left after we got there for a road trip and they cut us loose at 11 so the trucks would not be on the roads. My daughter slipped down the stairs and a large sheet of ice flew off a truck and almost busted my front wind shield, but other than that it is not too bad. Sleet and ice is still falling. Hope you guys up north don't get buried. Stay safe.
    You stay safe too!
    I had to deal with ice frequently in central Illinois back in the day, and that sucks. But that part of central Illinois is almost as flat as western Nebraska (no, honestly, there are only three grades of note in the seventy some miles between Peoria and Macomb), so I probably had it pretty good then.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    How is the weather?

Here in Bakersfield we have finally started to get some rain that we have been missing for a few years. Next storm is due tonight. The mountains to the east now have snow down to about 4500, might drop lower by morning. Alta Vista Ski Resort which has been closed the last two or three years opened last weekend. Temperatures are fairly moderate with highs in the 60s in the valley and upper 30s in the mountains.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Hmm might have to go ice fishing this weekend.......
    I've never been Ice fishing.... How do you ice fish ?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    How is the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    I've never been Ice fishing.... How do you ice fish ?
    Check out the first "Joke of the Day".😎
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Check out the first "Joke of the Day".��
    It's beer O'clock here. Something tells me I should soooo leave this alone.

I was going to say something like: Does the rink manager mind when you go fishing......
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••