Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New Copy Process

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Bugger... ...... <THUD> ..... The thud was me falling off my perch.

I had around the same idea but using RGB in the sphere with different sized particles of the same three colours so the colours mix when different amounts of charge ie. laser phasing applied. This would theoretically give millions of different colours. Burst each particle inside the sphere with a laser frequency and phase that is tuned to the exact individual size R,G,B particles. Example Red particles would be size=1, Green size=2 , Blue size=3
    If you want colour purple burst size 1 & size 3 particles. Apply a laser time varation(nano-seconds) to the bust parictles so the 1&3 colours mix till the right hue is found.
    I third laser would harden the bust particles at the same time so the paper doesn't leak.

Of course you need special paper for all the above theory to work. It won't be any
    cheaper for the customer , but the tech's can look forward to retirement, albeit early...

B.
    U.
    G.
    G.
    E.
    R.
    Now rethink that to be reusable.
    Whatever

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Now rethink that to be reusable.
    You mean erasable paper.
    Erasable paper would be fine for general information like newsprint and educational institutions.
    Erasable paper wouldn't be much good for financial or legal documents as such.
    Legal documents must be permanent an original with no method of being altered.

And ultraviolet laser process might erase the unwanted print like removing ugly tattoos from people, but I don't believe the special paper could be used again in the quad laser printer process. All the micro ink capsules or toner particles in the larger sphere capsual would be burst or melted.

Erasable write many times paper :
    I could be done in theory ,I just had another light bulb moment. It would involve a cube shaped particle with 6 sides of colour , and rotate the cube in an outer foundation medium. A laser melts the outside medium enough so the cube can be rotated to the next colour, and the outer medium then cools holding the cube at that colour permanently until the next time the paper needs to be over written.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    New Copy Process

I haven't had one of those dreams in a while, but my wife tells me that I have spent whole nights waving my arms in the air, turning imaginary screwdrivers, stringing imaginary corona wires, etc, etc. Most of the time I do not remember those dreams unless I'm awoken from the dream by the alarm. Then I remember quite a lot. It's funny how the known laws of physics do not necessarily apply in dreams. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=