Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

New Copy Process

Does any other Tech go to bed dream about copiers ? <yer,add sicko here>

If your a worry-wart like me I tend to take a problem machine to bed and work on solving the problem while I sleep. Some rare times I can wake up with and answer that solves the problem.

So this morning I wake up with a solution that fixes every single problem any copier techs has ever had.

I woke up this morning with the out line of a totally new copier process in my head.
    The new process involves four tiny modulation phase timed lasers placed at the four corners of an unopened ream of paper. No machine body or any moving parts needed ever again.
    For black and white printing, the lasers instantly write through the entire ream of paper and creates a thermal image on every single sheet in the ream. But that's not not the best part. I believe I figured out one way to make the 4 laser heads write to the ream in full colour. Solving the full colour print issue is a little piece of information that I decline to share with people just for the moment.

Yes I know, my wife tells me I worry or think to much.....

Just sharing the inspiration around, it might make some tech's day better...

Oh no, there's hope at last, there might be a god up there for copier techs after all.....
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 01-22-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    New Copy Process

Re: New Copy Process

The copiers I tend to dream about are actually nightmares, like the one in my avatar pic...................................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Shhhh....I like having a job....

Well have you seen the laser print heads they use to print (burn black) on almost anything. I had to install a printhead to print directly the expiry date on the crusts of meat pies. This was semi functional but never took off, some or other food safety free radical problem.

If it prints directly onto thermal paper it will work(lots more wattage on the laser than a printer laser), but paper stacked on top of each other would not work with this.

Ink base machine would work with a stationary tray but each paper would need to be removed from the stack making this a really stupid printer. Except if it is a gantry style printer that prints on really thick stuff.

I would like to see paper that would work like old school LCD displays that would keep charge in the image or non-image areas creating the image.
    I know there is micro ball paper with balls half white and black that would flip over with an applied charge. But that is not good enough.
    The super thin flexible liquid crystal matrix semi reflective multi layered paper could produce color images. STFLCMSRMLP for short.
    And the best is all your paper is reusable.

I believe this has been done. You will only need one piece of paper ever. Sound familiar?
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I know there is micro ball paper with balls half white and black that would flip over with an applied charge. But that is not good enough.

The super thin flexible liquid crystal matrix semi reflective multi layered paper could produce color images. STFLCMSRMLP for short.
    And the best is all your paper is reusable.

I believe this has been done. You will only need one piece of paper ever. Sound familiar?

What is the micro ball paper you are talking about ?
    Is there any working examples of micro ball paper ?

For colour printing I was thinking along the same lines as liquid crystal but using a slightly
    different process that's used in other situations already just not for printing.

The paper itself would be specially custom designed paper and probably 5.. 10 times more expensive,
    but the printer would cost virtually nothing to buy and of cause there would be low to no maintenance costs.

My initial idea is just a theoretical pipe dream. I don't see myself doing anything further with it.

Lets go back to a Zinc plate covered with sulfur. That way life with out jams and finisher that never wants to line up hole punch or staple in the right corner would be gone and that's 80% of the problems. Mongo

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    New Copy Process

I think its time you went back to see your doctor again Neo, it looks like your medication need changing.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    What is the micro ball paper you are talking about ?
    Is there any working examples of micro ball paper ?

For colour printing I was thinking along the same lines as liquid crystal but using a slightly
    different process that's used in other situations already just not for printing.

The paper itself would be specially custom designed paper and probably 5.. 10 times more expensive,
    but the printer would cost virtually nothing to buy and of cause there would be low to no maintenance costs.

My initial idea is just a theoretical pipe dream. I don't see myself doing anything further with it.

I saw a video clip of it a couple of years back. I am not sure who developed it, or if it really works.
    Xerox made some fading paper that would keep a printed image for a day, and can be printed on again.
    Whatever

The Future of Electronic Paper | Digital Trends

So the ball part i got correct, but not flipping balls.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    The Future of Electronic Paper | Digital Trends

So the ball part i got correct, but not flipping balls.
    Bugger... ...... <THUD> ..... The thud was me falling off my perch.

I had around the same idea but using RGB in the sphere with different sized particles of the same three colours so the colours mix when different amounts of charge ie. laser phasing applied. This would theoretically give millions of different colours. Burst each particle inside the sphere with a laser frequency and phase that is tuned to the exact individual size R,G,B particles. Example Red particles would be size=1, Green size=2 , Blue size=3
    If you want colour purple burst size 1 & size 3 particles. Apply a laser time varation(nano-seconds) to the bust parictles so the 1&3 colours mix till the right hue is found.
    I third laser would harden the bust particles at the same time so the paper doesn't leak.

Of course you need special paper for all the above theory to work. It won't be any
    cheaper for the customer , but the tech's can look forward to retirement, albeit early...

B.
    U.
    G.
    G.
    E.
    R.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 01-25-2016 at 10:01 AM.