Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Does your company use 'RCASM'?

RCASM is an archaic dispatching system utilizing 2 way pagers made in 1995 and using simple text streams to transfer any all data back and forth.
    It relies on E-Mail.

It is absolutely, in my opinion the most frustrating part of my job.
    The software is ran in a terminal environment (AS/400) and it fails constantly.

Any one share my woes?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    The first company I worked for used LaCrosse which was stil a DOS based program. Then I worked where they had OMD with ADS. We first had Blackberrys and then these things from Cingular that were pocket PC's. Now I work where we fax all our info back and forth. They use OMD also but have no paging system..

I love not having a pager..

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Does your company use 'RCASM'?

E-Automate / ADS / Crackberry

Service Manager 250+ Posts lkrsardis's Avatar

cell

Cell phone and paper.
    Like the United States Postal Service It's a miracle it works!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    We use OMD and have a one way paging system. I thought that Motorola kept the tower open just for us. I don't have to use the pager anymore, the girls have to call me. I found with all the advancements in science they still can not make a pager that can survive sinking to the bottom of a cup of coffee.
    Let me throw this in, our manager hand writes the daily schedule on notebook paper because that is what she feels comfortable with. We cannot get her to use the computer . When new calls come in they are added to the list the girls have at the front desk by hand . Guess what? Calls get lost. Go figure. How I work around it is my most important customers get my cell number, they know if I am not there in a couple of hours to call me.

KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar
    never used pager here. we call our office and our dispatcher does all the feedback and gives out next call.

my company however is going to start a new program called E-automate. we will use our laptops to do everything - dispatching,closing out calls,ordering parts, timesheets, ect. they are trying to work a deal with phone companies($) on phone cards.
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

Formerly the Dispatcher 50+ Posts Elle's Avatar
    we use a homegrown access database for our call management and work history stuff, dispatch is all on paper and cell phones - they were using pagers the day i arrived and my first job was to take everyones pager and get thier cell number. the company reimburses us for the cell bill. they didnt have any mapping software when i got there either so i brought some of that in.... our current dispatcher tells me thank you all the time for that one. it all runs pretty smooth and is pretty simple