Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Re: leaving to join an asylum for my own health😡

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Other than dumping toner like crazy, I kinda liked the Ricohs in the 90's. They must have slipped a little since then.

It's sounds like you had a hell of a day. For me, other than being yelled at for no good reason, the calls have been easy. =^..^=
    Started off ok until again a mettis turdling gave the customer an excuse to bite me. Fitted a side unit FOC but the machine faulted out 2 days later with an intermittent line? Turns out the customers pissed because it's being over used so I got the flak! Charming I must say.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    leaving to join an asylum for my own health😡

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    Got any spare going?

I blame debs for this turbulent time as she must be to blame for something😉
    Sorry, it's been a long hot summer and I'm down to my last 3 dozen bottles of home brew. Barely enough to keep me going until the weather cools off enough to start brewing again.

Don't know how you can blame the Delightful Debs for your run of bad luck, thought she would more likely to wave her magic wand and put some sparkle in your life
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: leaving to join an asylum for my own health��

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Sorry, it's been a long hot summer and I'm down to my last 3 dozen bottles of home brew. Barely enough to keep me going until the weather cools off enough to start brewing again.

Don't know how you can blame the Delightful Debs for your run of bad luck, thought she would more likely to wave her magic wand and put some sparkle in your life
    Only 3 dozen bottles left, you can't be under too much stress then. Are they large bottles or stubbies ?

The weather appears fine for Brewing, I've put down 3 brews over the last 3 weeks.
    First brew was a bit weak, but the last two have been going okay. I have another one brewing at the moment. I should get to it sometime this week.

With all the rain around you should be getting cooler weather down your way.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

I applaud your efforts at a home brew; one of our techs does the same, and I gratefully accept his 'donations'.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Only 3 dozen bottles left, you can't be under too much stress then. Are they large bottles or stubbies ?

The weather appears fine for Brewing, I've put down 3 brews over the last 3 weeks.
    First brew was a bit weak, but the last two have been going okay. I have another one brewing at the moment. I should get to it sometime this week.

With all the rain around you should be getting cooler weather down your way.
    Have always brewed longnecks, you have to work twice as hard for stubbies.
    Since we down sized to the current house we don't have the room for a gutted out fridge to keep the brew keg at a stable temp so just have to wait until until the ambient temp drops a bit or the yeast reacts to fast and you get a crook tasting batch. My current favorite is Coopers Australian Bitter with Super Alpha hops and 1 kg of dextrose and light malt booster.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Have always brewed longnecks, you have to work twice as hard for stubbies.
    Since we down sized to the current house we don't have the room for a gutted out fridge to keep the brew keg at a stable temp so just have to wait until until the ambient temp drops a bit or the yeast reacts to fast and you get a crook tasting batch. My current favorite is Coopers Australian Bitter with Super Alpha hops and 1 kg of dextrose and light malt booster.

I never thought about using an old fridge. I have an unused upright freeze in the workshop. I guess it would work okay around winter time as well. Place a 100watt light bulb in the freezer unit during winter. We don't really have winter time cold weather here in the tropics. We only see cold days for about 4-6 weeks of the year, it can get down around zero degrees during the peak of winter, but warms up fairly soon. I don't do a lot of beer brewing, we do mostly spirits, liqueurs and wines. I luv beer though, I'll buy a carton whenever I can allowed.

My old man brews a mean plonk/wine or two. He's had some very good brews, an I must say some real bad ones as well. Cactus fruit makes a very very nice bubbly wine. Warning!, wear leather gloves when picking cactus fruit. Orange wine is dry an bitter. Mulberry wine is like a Shiraz type Port. He had a bad batch of watermelon wine, I sh!t you not, it taste like battery acid, all 60 litres of it. It made for a good weed killer though, not much else. My mates and I had some of the best drinking nights through our teen years, especially when the old man would travel away and leave the wine cellar unlocked...

He's getting on in his years and doesn't brew a lot of wine any more.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 50+ Posts MjarbarV2.0's Avatar

The last time I tried home brewing I made a batch of Mead (or as I quickly renamed it - Fall Over Quick Juice) the stuff of really nice to drink but bloody lethal if you had more than a pint at a time. I don't know what the alcohol content was but it must have been above the 15% range.
    The impossible is easy - miracles take a little longer

Let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.