2 4.55%
  • None

1 2.27%
  • OTHER not listed

3 6.82%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Best Brand of Copier

Quote Originally Posted by wragsdale View Post
    Well, I don't mean that Kyo or KM manuals are bad but Brother has a lot of detailed sections including gear layouts, lubrication points, harness routing diagrams, disassembly flowcharts, switch settings, etc. I was seriously impressed by the amount of useful information. Not only that, but they're super intuitive. Error codes or (dis)assembly references will link to their references 95% of the time.
    Jip they are great, they are to expensive to run for large volumes. For SOHO and executive use they are awesome.
    Whatever

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts service_man's Avatar

For B/W copying is only best RICOH, because, have faster scanner. It's easy to slove the problem, because have SC code.

For B/W and Color printing, KONICA MINOLTA... You can print whole pages, and you can change details in fiery...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'll take a Kyocera over a Ricoh ANY DAY!

Why?

Kyocera actually serializes the Fusers AND Photo Conductor units on their large machines and small machines...since you replace instead of rebuild. If a serialized unit fails before it's end of life, it is warrantied and Kyocera wants to know WHY!....they will most often take it back and send you a new one!...they build a database of failed units--serial numbers which are tied to production dates, lot numbers, yadda yadda, etc. Kyocera CARES!

Ricoh on the other hand, doesn't give a S#!t....not their damn fault!....it's the tech's!

Kyocera's Research & Design is alot better than Ricoh's!

Kyocera makes an Amorphous Silicon imaging drum, 98% the hardness of a diamond and 6 times the life of Ricoh's S#itty Organic Photo Conductor!...1 visit of 30 minutes replace and reset (6x the copies of an OPC drum) vs Ricoh's having to visit 6+ times to rebuild, replace and/or clean the PCU's.

a-Si Photoreceptor | a-Si Photoreceptor Drums | Printing Devices | Products | Kyocera

Ricoh uses crappy foam (think dry rot) for their finisher gathering rollers and whatnot. Kyocera uses rubber mostly for there finisher rollers. On mid size B&W models developer (developer separate from toner) units epicly fail, dump developer down into the paper feed units, thus requiring a good half day to fix everything--cleaning and lubricating. Kyocera on the other hand uses mono toner developer and toner together--works great!--with always a fresh flow going thru the developing unit, therefore minimizing contamination!

Kyocera innovates more than Ricoh--it's easily obvious!....I just wonder when it's gonna catch up with Ricoh!...as I say, Ricoh puts lipstick on their pig....same mechanics and machine underneath except for the exterior and engine which changes.

Ricoh says it is environmentally friendly, but when the math is done requiring 6x the amount of visits and materials, Ricoh is full of BULLS#!T.

Need I say more?

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon hands down. Kyocera has decent drums and dev units, but everything else is too finicky.

Canon actually uses drums made by Kyocera. They have decent tech support, and go forever with not many problems

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk