Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Re: Piss Poor Technical Questions

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Unfortunately, there are two types of techs. Those that think for themselves and those who don't.

The thinkers are proactive in their approach to work. They use correct manuals, update firmware regularly, repair a machine to correct spec and leave happy.

The non-thinkers, or who I like to call LAZY FUCKING ASSCLOWNS prefer to sit on the back of the thinkers, claiming responsibility for their work. They are the lowest of the low. The kind of substance I would compare them to is three week old turkey jizz.

They mince into a call full of bluster (usually a recall on a thinker) and pull a piece of paper out of a machine and proclaim to the world "I am awesome". You're not. You're the crusty end of a baguette. No-one wants you. No-one needs you. If it weren't for your wankering hit-and-run tactics to make the figures look impressive you'd have been fired years ago. The more worrying part is you have bred. You have little wankers and they will go to school and do wankery things.

Eat shit and die, you lazy bastards. I can't stand the way you pathetically squeak when you ring me asking for help. I wish I could skullfuck you down the phone but we haven't reached that level of technology yet. I wish I could pass warts down a phone directly to your genitalia.

If you have not guessed, I am a thinker. I take pride in my work. The non-thinkers can all go take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut, the unspeakable piles of gerbil testicles.
    i feel that you are holding back, your true feelings .
    please let it out , so we all know how you realy feel. about the lazy no good technicians.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

My fav is the guy that you can tell by how the questions are phrased that he is an end user, doesn't want to spend 1 damn dime to fix the machine and only wants someone to take him by the hand and explain exactly how to fix it, step by step. And the question itself has been posted 25 times previously but he wants a personal reply. 2nd in line is the "I am from (insert name of un pronounceable country here) and there are no techs that can help me. Please give me firmware and manuals". Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Emujo
    you mean flimware of course.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

As some of them are from places that are very different than I am familiar with, I like to encourage posters like this to do some actual troubleshooting, as many of them don't realize we can't see or hear their machine.
    While that fails sometimes, it works more often than you'd think.
    The blocked list function is pretty easy to use otherwise.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Well, we all know that having 500,000 copies or 50,000 copies has no impact on how a machine runs. Rollers will always last forever.

The term "tech" is also being used by parts changers. You have to be prepared to think out of the box, pardon the cliche. Sometimes the machines don't break like the manual says. If you don't understand how it makes copies, you will have an even more difficult time trying to understand why it doesn't make them any more.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Piss Poor Technical Questions

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Well, we all know that having 500,000 copies or 50,000 copies has no impact on how a machine runs. Rollers will always last forever.

The term "tech" is also being used by parts changers. You have to be prepared to think out of the box, pardon the cliche. Sometimes the machines don't break like the manual says. If you don't understand how it makes copies, you will have an even more difficult time trying to understand why it doesn't make them any more.
    Ricoh used to have a Detailed Description section in the service manual. There were numerous ties that I used that section to see what should be happening in order to determine what the actual problem was.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Some will not like what i have to say here, but nevertheless if you look back at some of the threads the sources are there. CTN has in a way encourage some techs to run and post their problems here with the expectation that someone has the answer and it will save them the hassle of looking at the manuals or even the web for possible answers...
    I hope am not part of this group. I like to think that I encourage independent thinking. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Sometimes i need some info on a brand i am not to familiar with.
    Thanks for the guys that answer my stupid questions.
    Whatever

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Well, Mr.blackcat, you are definitely not in the group as your statement is clearly written on the bottom of each post. I was looking for the thread that i mentioned , but could not find it. I have to backup what i say. Well, it is well known in the business too, at least where i work, nobody wants to use the service manuals only the parts manuals they are interested in. Hope i have not offended anyone.

I like the guy TEKAT. His answers are take right from the manuals. He points you to where you should be looking.
    I will frequently refer to the manual or to Gooses Guide when answering a question on Ricoh. It prevents answer with the right answer but for the wrong model. It also gets details such as SP settings correct. Other questions are so generic in nature that referencing is not necessary. For myself, when doing maintenance services, I like to have the service manual open, especially when rebuilding TCRU items for Production models. Prevents missed steps.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Sometimes i need some info on a brand i am not to familiar with.
    Thanks for the guys that answer my stupid questions.
    Actually, that's why I joined CTN.
    I had no idea that the noise reducing pads on solenoids caused problems before that.