Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: I may become a criminal...and get politically active...or go to jail...SAVE THE P

Man is a rather invasive species. That's why it's our responsibility to try to maintain some sort of equilibrium. Especially when we introduce something like house cats to an area.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: I may become a criminal...and get politically active...or go to jail...SAVE THE P

Feral cats can pose a health issue to domesticated cats that are let outside, as well as to other small mammals. These are animals that aren't being vaccinated or getting any kind of treatment for anything that may befall them. It's also likely that your local animal control is spending a larger amount of time and/or money to treat or remove feral cats when something does go wrong. It's a sad state of affairs I agree, but unfortunately it's likely a man made problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Courtesy of MonSatan!:

I wonder if this would work for Pussy?!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

In my opinion it seems like a rather humane way to try and cull the cat population. They could just be mowing them down like wild boars. If humans released them then its up to humans to fix the problem. I would think that having all those cats could cause worst problems than lowering bird population, such as raising predator populations (coyotes for instance) which can be dangerous for dogs and children. I own 3 cats myself and they are my little buddies.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    I may become a criminal...and get politically active...or go to jail...SAVE THE PUSSY

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    L, forgive me, but is it true some people eat the pussy too ?

It might help reduce the population
    I am definitely a cat person, dogs are like having a 2 year old child for 12-15 years, not for me.
    However I think domestic cats should not be allowed outside unless they are either leashed or unable to leave the yard.
    Dogs must be leashed when outside, why not cats? It just makes sense.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

The last line of this story says a lot. It is shit like this that makes me want to hurt other humans. If the parents of the person who lived here had been "fixed" this would not have happened.

Dog rescued after owners move, leave him chained up in yard | MLive.com
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Well we went through the trouble of attaching small night vision cameras to these "harmless" house cats. You can watch the videos online. It doesn't matter if they are well fed, or look "lazy", they hunt and kill regardless. It's what they were bred to do.

I want future generations to be able to experience and learn about these amazing animals that WILL go extinct if not protected. They thrive in there own environment. It is our responsibility to use understand the impact we have and make good decisions based on that.

These birds are really cool and worth protecting. My avatar is a pacific golden plover. They fly across the ocean every year! We still don't understand how they navigate so precisely and vigorously.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Courtesy of MonSatan!:

[snip]

I wonder if this would work for Pussy?!

That sterilizing corn video leaves a churning sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's like it's been perfectly scripted out of the movie "X-Files".

Solution to the problem:
    Publish the names and home address of all those at the controlling top of DupUs an MonSatan, an any subsidiary Company. Let all the deformed babies or cancer victims and their families coming knocking on their doors.

The world is not over populated as yet, it will be over populated in the next 100 years or so. We have the technology available right now to lift half the population off this planet an out into the infinite universe for ever more. We have the technology to place city size domes under the oceans, an inside the earth. New building technology will see sky scrapers miles in height. We have the autonomous vehicle technology to add vegetable hormones to food crops and up root weeds and diseased plants as it maintains the chemical free cultivation. Using technology to maim and kill (how ever slow) is abhorred and horrific, which defeats the very meaning and divine purpose of life itself.

(No CTN "thanks" or likes "buttons" again...)
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 05-27-2016 at 12:47 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    So my local township wants to pass an ordinance regarding animals. Most of it is actually good but they are aggressively attacking cats on multiple fronts.

1. They want all stray gets to be neutered, even if they're in the wild not hurting anybody (I've actually observed a real vet neutering cats and dogs an it is terribly gruesome);

2. They want to cut off part of their left ear as an identifier that they've been neutered;

3. Even if you have a pet cat and it isn't neutered for whatever reason (even a pure breed) it would be illegal to let them outside;

4. It would be illegal for you a citizen, to feed a starving cat, even on your own property, unless you were actually participating #1/#2.

Punishment is up to $1,000 fine and 30 days in jail. I posted on the township cops facebook page that even if it passes I'll continue feeding the stray kitties. I do put food out for the cats/squirrels/birds.

Oddly, only cats are being targeted to this degree.

So I'm going to go to the township meeting and protest this bullshit. We have cats run in our back yard all the time and most are starving and very scared of humans...they probably were neglected or beaten, so I see no harm in putting some food out. It costs me mere pennies to extend the life of another animal for days.

I do know some counties will fix animals if you bring them in but I've never heard of any criminalizing good moral charitable acts before.
    I wish you luck with this.
    But the outbreak of rhinitis in the cats on the farm I helped out on when I was growing up makes me back the state here.
    Rhinitis was brought to those cats by the feral ones like you are helping out. It was a particularly awful affliction, as while it didn't kill the cats outright it did make it look like pus was coming out of their noses. Lacking their sense of smell, cats will waste away in a terrible fashion. As there was no known cure for that disease at that time, the cats that had that needed to be culled to stop the outbreak. Funds for small animal veterinary support were sometimes hard to come by then too, so while the culling methods were as fast and painless as possible, you would not approve of them.
    I really liked some of the cats that needed to be culled too. You ever had to kill your favorite cat that before it got sick would ride around on your shoulder while you were walking around outside in the winter? I have. That sucked dick.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Just something that I happened to read a few weeks ago Husker Cats continue work on UNL's feral cat population | Announce | University of Nebraska-Lincoln

"good moral charitable acts" May make you feel better but may be causing more harm than good in the long run

Baby Bison Put Down After Yellowstone Tourists Place It In Car « CBS Denver

From a cat and dog owner that hunts....I don't want to see any animal suffer....Mother Nature will always level the playing field.... just my 2 cents