Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Weird question perhaps, but.....

..... is there a way to distinguish the physical difference of chemical color toner against normal color toner?

I'm talking about the powder itself. The print quality differences are more or less clear but I would love to know if there is a visible difference in the properties of the tonerpowder when looking at it in the cartridges.

I want to be sure when I get aftermarket bulktoner that it is indeed the higher quality chemically produced toner and yes, I am aware of the possible disadvantages of after market stuff but I'm an Indy needing to cut costs.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: Weird question perhaps, but.....

Try it in 2 or 3 machines (local) for a couple of months before you sink a bunch of money into purchasing a large amount. We are using a quality aftermarket toner in our equipment, but it was not the first one we tried. Two other manufacturers failed to meet the cut. How it looks doesn't matter, it's how it performs.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I think you would need an electron microscope and a way of measuring toner particle size in microns!
    Other then that, as Mikadonavan says, suck it and see!!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

You might carefully check the toner vendor's warranty replacement policy. The vendors that stand behind their product usually have higher quality toner than those who don't, as it is unproductive to have bad toner returned. And when you inevitably get a bad batch, you can return it without too many problems, and the vendor may even use what you return to make their product better.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    You might carefully check the toner vendor's warranty replacement policy. The vendors that stand behind their product usually have higher quality toner than those who don't, as it is unproductive to have bad toner returned. And when you inevitably get a bad batch, you can return it without too many problems, and the vendor may even use what you return to make their product better.
    I would also see if they will compensate for failed units and labor, and perhaps for being one of the Guinea pigs as they will always tell you they tested it thoroughly..............................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations