Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    The Dispatcher from the Black Lagoon

I know you've got a few comments, Elle. Care to respond?

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

WOETC
    Sent to a job at an address like 2466 Ipswich road. No street numbers on a major road with commercial properties. You finally figure out it's in the shopping centre with 40 businesses., and the name of the company is foxworth pty Ldt ( or something like that) whichj is the registered company name, not the Trading name, and no one knows who the hell that is.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts George J's Avatar
    Our dispatchers is a joke ... I've seen it all, getting sent through rush hour traffic .... twice, driving an hour only to find that the place is closed that day, having 3 techs in the same town, getting send from one extreme end to the other because 'it's urgent' .... And then the dispatcher wonders why we take so long between calls.

The 'best' ones that I remember: Our dispatcher sends a tech to an older machine ... well the copier is in really bad shape. Drum, fuser, dev and transfer rebuild, you know the usual big maintenance thing. The tech is about to leave when he sees our driver: the lease on the machine ended that day and the machine was to be collected the same day ...

And I still remember the day when president Bush came to visit. Days in advance the news broadcasters were clear: avoid the place if you don't have to be there. Traffic would be hell, streets were going to be closed for miles, police and secret service everywhere.... Guess where I got sent that very day? In the building opposite of where the president was. Driving all the way there was fun in itself, but then being checked by traffic cops, regular cops, federal agents, security agents ... they were all there, even a van full of SWAT. Explaining why you have a suitcase full of pointy metal objects with you and 'no you don't have a permit' and 'yes I know who is comming' and 'Copiers ... you know those things that make copies ... ah nevermind' ...

The call itself was a joke, client couldn't find the piece of paper that was obviously pointed out by the machine.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    My favorite was when the dispatcher made an appointment at 7AM for a call 45 minutes from my house, but didn't tell me. The customer came in an hour early and was pissed. I showed up about 8:10 and was just flabbergasted at her reaction to me being 10 minutes late.
    She had to be somewhere by 11am and the ditzpatcher said she could have me there at 7AM. Apparently our ditzpatcher assumed we started at 7 and by just leaving a message saying "make this your 1st call" I'd be there at 7. Sad thing is I got more heat from that incident than her. I think my boss was too busy drooling to yell at her.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I think I have it made where I work. The black and white guys all get dispatched from whoever gets the calls in any one of the centralized offices (one on the east coast, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver I think)...each with several people doing the dispatching. The field guys often get sent all over the place without any thought by the dispatchers on who is where at any given time. Cannot expect much, some dispatchers will get a call that is not in their city, so they may not have any clue where it is they are sending techs. Even the local dispatch people have no clue about the layout of the city they are in.

In the colour department, dispatch sends all calls to our "amigo" as I call him (a fellow tech) and he then passes the calls on to the rest of us, since he knows where we are and can direct us to where we need to go without the hassle of being all over the city in any given day. Usually I get Calgary south east. Sometimes we overlap, but that is fine, it cannot be avoided all the time. Unfortunately, I also do the majority of the production machines, so more often than not, I am traveling all over anyway.

In the past, years ago, we had one "queen bitch" who was quite vindictive to some techs. If she did not like you, she would either not dispatch you at all (which in those days, the number of calls a tech did went towards presidents club points), or she gave you the shitty jobs like toner dumps and the like. Thankfully the bosses finally canned her when they found out what she was doing.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    D_L_P

Gotta like that sig. That conversation was hilarious.....heh
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar
    Two days ago a call shows up in French for a postal code 400 miles away in another city.
    I texted the dispatcher saying "You need to send me a plane ticket to do this call"
    half hour later she replied (I dont understand).
    so i say where is postal code xxxxxx
    she said south montreal.
    I say, I do not think I service that area.

4 hours later she said "I just figured out your joke"

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The Dispatcher from the Black Lagoon

D_L_P

Gotta like that sig. That conversation was hilarious.....heh
    That was one of my favorites too. I just love that guy's posts. Don't understand why some don't like him, but that's just me.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Have been working on a machine, when another tech walked in the door. Just said Hi!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Our dispatcher tried to send a tech to an account on the St. Patricks day parade route. Good luck finding a parking spot!