Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Re: Condolences To France

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    Why can't we bring up the religion of these individuals? Islamists use their faith to motivate and justify their attacks.
    Cant fix the problem if we cant talk about it. Islamic terror attacks hurt Muslims more than anyone else!
    thereligionofpeace
    My intent was never to deny that religion was the key aspect of this atrocity, as well as so many others.
    I meant specifically that post that mentioned "brainwashing from birth a belief in an omnipotent God", or some such wording (I paraphrase because I do not remember), and simply because one chooses to deny all the evidence in front of them and claim that no deity exists, which I believe is their right to do, but to paint all believers with the same broad brush is not the right way to go about it.
    I'm rambling because I'm typing this on mobile and if I can't read what I've written I lose track of my thought process.

[point] Believers are not all the same.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Condolences To France

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post

A well-armed and well-trained citizenry will prevent criminals.

Please remember this is a international forum like any other and some foriengers may find posts like that offensive.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Condolences To France

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Indeed. Compared to what occurs in the rest of the world, what happens in Islamic countries really does defy belief. Public beheadings, shootings, mass murders. All in the name of a "peaceful" religion that has been twisted and contorted by a minority.

I read over the weekend someone from the US has said to question immigrants if they follow Sharia Law and to deport them if they admit to it. Now call me a pessimist, but isn't every single person going to say no?
    Of course they will say no. Under Sharia law it is acceptable to lie to non believers and in some cases required.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Condolences To France

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Please remember this is a international forum like any other and some foriengers may find posts like that offensive.
    And we may find some of theirs offensive. Buckle up butter cup, life is a long and rough ride. If you are offended by anything I post, PM me and I will tell you what you can do about it. If I am offended by someone's post, some what. I read it, comment if it requires comment and carry on.

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Many people might disagree with that statement but nothing there is offensive. In the European country I was born in there was a militia rifle in every household, required by the state. It's a basic part of life these days.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Of course they will say no. Under Sharia law it is acceptable to lie to non believers and in some cases required.

...Seriously is the above true?

How can such a person place faith, honesty an integrity as their "soul life objective" only to disregard their very own brief system at the very point in their own faith where it's required the most??? Such a bellicose reverse behaviour is analogous to standing out on tree branch while cutting the same limb off . "Hey world I'm the only truth their is<saw-cut,saw-cut> I'm going to get rid of you all liars".

The very act of showing faith in adversity is a divine strength, not a weakness.

I'm not interested in starting a religion debate, every person is entitled to their own.

Truth be known though, sporting club patrons promote and dispute the same religion style rhetoric,eg. when rival sporting clubs/patrions start street riots over who's club religion is better at the game. Separation/division in society will always lead to the inevitable rivalry; if left uncheck stagnating into possible self justified hate retaliation. A healthy competition can only be fostered between the actual players of the game, not the over zealous supporters of the game, who through extremism turn the game into a religious style fanaticism.

Given the bigger picture thought,it doesn't matter which side of the faith system you stand, on be that religious or atheist, we're all on the same tiny speck of dust spiralling through the vastness of cosmic space. It doesn't matter diddly squat who thinks they own the planet, or who made it. The planet will be here for a billion more years long after we are all gone. So while we are here, we may as well all try to get along...
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 07-19-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Condolences To France

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    Why can't we bring up the religion of these individuals? Islamists use their faith to motivate and justify their attacks.
    Cant fix the problem if we cant talk about it. Islamic terror attacks hurt Muslims more than anyone else!
    thereligionofpeace
    March 1786, The Barbary Wars(look it up) Thomas Jefferson and John Adams went to London to negotiate with Tripoli's envoy Sidi Hali Abdrahaman "concerning the ground of the pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury" the ambassador replied"

It is written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledge the Profit(mohammad) were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that very muslim who was slain in warfare was sure to go to paradise. The US paid dearly then, and so it goes, many people that believe in the koran, will just never acknowledge what this country stands for and never will, its just not in their nature. Of all the countries that are taking in these migrants, not a single one is Arab, why? They know their people, only western countries are, people don't assimilate, prayer rooms in schools now in Minnesota, with taxpayer provided mats for them to pray and get excused from class's to go to the room, yet an American cannot take a bible to school or talk about God in school, they get suspended, what is going on is not good and it will get this country in the end. Destruction from within. This country has changed badly in these 8 years. God help us, God bless America. We need change badly.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Condolences To France

I don't believe it is just the last 8 years (Obama), but it's been ever since 'oil' and big business has taken controll of our congress - IMHO.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I don't believe it is just the last 8 years (Obama), but ever since 'oil' has controlled our congress - IMHO.
    Given the world is a stage:
    Sadly, I'm in agreement with your observations. I believe I'm not the only Aussie that has drawn the same conclusion.

We are getting world news about the UK Prime minister Tony Blair being implicated in oil-crimes war-crimes in Iraq an Afghanistan.
    If they succeed with the indictment there could be similar calls for Australian prime ministers like John Howard to answer similar.

I'm wondering what happens after that on the world stage if the above succeeds....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Condolences To France

I believe this to be true: a 19th century UK quote - "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."
    I feel a 'revolution' of the poor will soon arise - we all should have a say in how we are governernd, not just the money brokers.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --