Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Condolences To France

Re: Condolences To France

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    Unfortunately, you do not know anything about what he did during the French colonial power Asammarh Algeria massacres and inhuman criminal acts
    With all due respect Zaza, and my 'Google' search of "Asammarh, Algeria, and May 8th, 1945", did not show what you are referring. Please give a direct link to what has happened which might explain the pain you are feeling.
    I have a feeling that all this hatred goes back many centuries, and not just the last few decades.
    Please, help me understand the tension/ hatred.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Thumbs up Re: Condolences To France

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    With all due respect Zaza, and my 'Google' search of "Asammarh, Algeria, and May 8th, 1945", did not show what you are referring. Please give a direct link to what has happened which might explain the pain you are feeling.
    I have a feeling that all this hatred goes back many centuries, and not just the last few decades.
    Please, help me understand the tension/ hatred.
    my friend red that :

8th May 1945: Remembering Algeria

http://www.algeria.com/forums/histor...th-1945-a.html

and writing that in google : The massacres of the eighth of May 1945 Turner and setif

good luck
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Condolences To France

my friend red that :

8th May 1945: Remembering Algeria

Algeria: May 8th 1945

and writing that in google : The massacres of the eighth of May 1945 Turner and setif

good luck
    Thank you, Zaza for those links. I am so sorry for the pain you and all Algerians must feel, but I am unable to apologize for what the government of France, or it's officials did during that time. What has happened in the past will always be in our minds, but can not always be fixed by today's government.
    We all must learn to be tolerant, and accept the differences that makes us all unique.
    We are all human beings, with different beliefs, but this is our island in the universe - we must survive here, or ???
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Condolences To France

SlimSlob, exactly, should not be allowed, yet it is, and excepted secularly.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Condolences To France

It is a pleasure to debunk the world what DID imperialist colonial power France in Algeria from my slaughter and genocide of the people of Algerian poor and simple operations only his main concern is the independence of his country .. and I do not care about you that you want to interdict on your website. Our freedom because we Algerians are priceless
    Considering where your profile shows you are from, one has to somewhat doubt your reasons for these posts. I currently do not have the time to research events leading up to the alleged genocide you speak of but I have a feeling that if I did I would find thing that many would considered justification for France's actions.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    My intent was never to deny that religion was the key aspect of this atrocity, as well as so many others.
    I meant specifically that post that mentioned "brainwashing from birth a belief in an omnipotent God", or some such wording (I paraphrase because I do not remember), and simply because one chooses to deny all the evidence in front of them and claim that no deity exists, which I believe is their right to do, but to paint all believers with the same broad brush is not the right way to go about it.
    I'm rambling because I'm typing this on mobile and if I can't read what I've written I lose track of my thought process.

[point] Believers are not all the same.

Not meaning to paint all believers with one broad brush.
    It's no secret that religion has been used to control people. I mean, who are you to question an all-powerful divine and absolute being if it wishes you blow yourself up with semtex? Keep in mind this god decides whether your soul is eternally punished or rewarded after you die.

The problem arises (mostly in already-war-torn countries) where religion takes precedence over reason/education and fanaticism takes precedence over diplomacy. Quality of life low. Desperation is high. Blowing your worldly self up in return for blissful afterlife sounds like a pretty good deal.
    Apologies if it seemed like I was saying every religious person is brainwashed - I was aiming more for the ones that, y'know, are brainwashed and end up blowing themselves up or driving trucks through parades..

disclaimer:
    Am not trying to say that any particular belief or lack thereof is right or wrong, nor did I mean to imply that all believers are the same. Simply that religion is easily abused by man to breed fanatics under certain conditions (war torn countries, for example) and that giving these kids broader education than just religious zeal would probably help.

"Preventing conflicts is the work of politics; establishing peace is the work of education."
    Last edited by nekowaiidesu; 07-20-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Condolences To France

Quote Originally Posted by nekowaiidesu View Post
    Not meaning to paint all believers with one broad brush.
    It's no secret that religion has been used to control people. I mean, who are you to question an all-powerful divine and absolute being if it wishes you blow yourself up with semtex? Keep in mind this god decides whether your soul is eternally punished or rewarded after you die.

The problem arises (mostly in already-war-torn countries) where religion takes precedence over reason/education and fanaticism takes precedence over diplomacy. Quality of life low. Desperation is high. Blowing your worldly self up in return for blissful afterlife sounds like a pretty good deal.
    Apologies if it seemed like I was saying every religious person is brainwashed - I was aiming more for the ones that, y'know, are brainwashed and end up blowing themselves up or driving trucks through parades..

disclaimer:
    Am not trying to say that any particular belief or lack thereof is right or wrong, nor did I mean to imply that all believers are the same. Simply that religion is easily abused by man to breed fanatics under certain conditions (war torn countries, for example) and that giving these kids broader education than just religious zeal would probably help.

"Preventing conflicts is the work of politics; establishing peace is the work of education."
    Nationalism is just as bad as religion. Being brainwashed by governments to believe your country is better than all other countries. That causes just as much misery in the world.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nekowaiidesu View Post
    Condolences to all those affected in these recent attacks

It also saddens me that these events just make more people want more guns, higher walls, bigger locks and cameras on every other corner.. Remember we were always at war with Eurasia..

to add onto what some said above about access to basic amenities like food and water: EDUCATION!!! Give people the knowledge and power to make themselves useful in trade, find a purpose, earn a living etc.. Rather than brainwashing kids from birth to believe that there is an omnipotent god, and denying them the ability to build their rationality.

Poverty and lack of education are the cause for many problems, from petty crime to international terrorism.

No amount of police and laws will prevent criminals- only punish the ones caught.
    No amount of apartheid and war will prevent terrorism- only kill the ones caught.
    Often the above simply fuel hate and resentment, and breed more crime / extremism etc...
    The statement above i think was rather derogatory to people who believe that there is indeed a omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient creator. just because you don't believe so, makes it the truth. Anyway, you have redeemed yourself by the last post you made to explain what you really meant. So, you see, writing is just that, the interpreter has to come to a conclusion of how his mind processes the information. Therefore, when someone post with vague statements, it can be easily misconstrued by the readers, therefore the importance of making statement or additional points to support stern comments.
    Just like religious books, how the readers interpret the context,it is how their reaction will turn out or acted upon. There is plenty of good morals in religion, but the teachers and adults whose mind has been swayed by corrupt men who for dogmatic views and others will commit acts that a moral person would certainly refrain from
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Nationalism is just as bad as religion. Being brainwashed by governments to believe your country is better than all other countries. That causes just as much misery in the world.
    Somewhat agree. It's certainly causes misery and is dangerous, though I must point out that a secular country could at worst punish you and your family with death for defaulting their ideologies whereas religion threatens to punish you for eternity even after you're dead.

There is also the omniscient & omnificent thing, which is just unrealistic for any nation. A country might claim to be the most powerful. God/s are by nature all powerful, know everything and can defy or succeed any empirical or theoretical knowledge known to man

Again, not trying to bash religion or generalize believers into one pool of 'brainwashed crazies'. Just pointing out again the dangers of concepts like 'all knowing' and 'all powerful' as well the rewards/punishment in the 'eternal afterlife' - religion attempts to answer the human condition questions (typically with a deterministic fatalism approach, which in itself is extremely debatable)

The statement above i think was rather derogatory to people who believe that there is indeed a omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient creator.
    Once again, no offense meant to any individual/s. See above as to why I mentioned omnipotence in particular. It is something unique to deities and the very thing that makes it so easy to abuse or twist to your liking.
    Example: If the Imam says "Allah is divine and all powerful. He wishes you to blow yourself up and will eternally reward you." - Most people, I suspect, would see through the Imams corruption. While they might not argue Allahs omnipotence, they will argue that the Imam is just a mortal man who is corrupt and using his position to control people under the pretense that his will is actually the will of God. Someone who has been brainwashed into fanaticism -or not ever allowed to question and demand evidence- will likely just go ahead with the order.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

[ Originally Posted by nekowaiidesu

Once again, no offense meant to any individual/s. See above as to why I mentioned omnipotence in particular. It is something unique to deities and the very thing that makes it so easy to abuse or twist to your liking.
    Example: If the Imam says "Allah is divine and all powerful. He wishes you to blow yourself up and will eternally reward you." - Most people, I suspect, would see through the Imams corruption. While they might not argue Allahs omnipotence, they will argue that the Imam is just a mortal man who is corrupt and using his position to control people under the pretense that his will is actually the will of God. Someone who has been brainwashed into fanaticism -or not ever allowed to question and demand evidence- will likely just go ahead with the order.[/QUOTE]

Well i think you are trying to get an answer why men are brainwashed as you said. Doctrine is doctrine and the men who are teaching fanatic ideology are themselves controlled by ?. Well lets just say you have to have an understanding of the spiritual realm to gain insights to this. The secular world would only look at tangible evidence and rightly so to the unspiritual mind. But there are real battles being fought in that world. synopsis, is these men thoughts are really not their own and are being manipulated themselves.
    I am not putting a religious spin to this thread, but mearly replying to statements given and seeing if i can shed a bit of my own insights, believable or not.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke