Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huh

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Huh

Re: Huh

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Best I can tell, it was kind of a feature of a rather successful local independent dealership being sold to a well known and successful national company that supports a different manufacturer's equipment. Out here on the periphery, that means way less work to do (loosing national accounts and getting people to change from the equipment we supported for decades to the new equipment is actually a bigger deal than I thought), and as such there was not enough work to justify a tech in this area.
    They were actually moving machines out here and I was hoping I could wait this out until there was enough to do again, but that didn't work.
    I may be full of crap though.
    No Gene, you are not full of crap. The big fish have been eating the small fish (as always), but they eventually become too big for their britches and end up diversifying. The customers will find out soon enough that the big 'fish' doesn't give the same service that a smaller, more focused dealer, can provide.
    ps-glad to see you are still lurking.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 250+ Posts nottoosharp's Avatar

Re: Huh

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Best I can tell, it was kind of a feature of a rather successful local independent dealership being sold to a well known and successful national company that supports a different manufacturer's equipment. Out here on the periphery, that means way less work to do (loosing national accounts and getting people to change from the equipment we supported for decades to the new equipment is actually a bigger deal than I thought), and as such there was not enough work to justify a tech in this area.
    They were actually moving machines out here and I was hoping I could wait this out until there was enough to do again, but that didn't work.
    I may be full of crap though.
    That happened here in Fort Wayne a larger company bought out a smaller one that deals with a different brand. In fact they bought them out, and refused to honor all the service contracts unless they bought brand new equipment from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk