Thread: WTF??

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

WTF??

Makes about as much sense as a turd in a punch bowl.

Leave it to Ricoh.IMG_20160726.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    WTF??

Re: WTF??

Totally agree. And also the problems with some units immediately after release... But I suppose many of them seeing the need to introduce a new model every 6 months has it faults, that techs have to deal with until they come up with a fix
    When I started servicing copiers they used toaster ovens for fusers.....I'm old

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    WTF??

Yea most machines are getting better but this type of crap seems to be happening more now. I agree it is because they want to stay one step ahead of the other OEM's and flip machines every 6 months !!!

The end user is definitely the "guinea pigs". I can't see the OEM's having the time to test machines as fast as they come out with new models! They put machines out and see what type of feedback they get, then engineers work on the problems. Once OEM's have a solution they release tech bulletins or firmware. Funny thing with Jap's, they will never admit to a problem until they have a solution. Tech support tells you it is the first there hearing of issue, but you have 10 machines doing same thing, then all of a sudden they release bulletin on ho to fix that issue.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    WTF??

How true, the end users and the techs are the 'Beta' testers for new products (but it's not limited to one country of origin).
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post

Makes about as much sense as a turd in a punch bowl.

Leave it to Ricoh.IMG_20160726.jpg
    Take this with a grain of salt as I don't work on anything that new, but you need to get the password for that from the place the machine is at. For some reason (perhaps even a good reason depending on the security requirements of the place the machine is located at), they have locked out everybody from fiddling with that machine even a little bit. That's been a user controlled function on Ricoh machines since the mid aughts at least.