Thread: Testing

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Testing

I hate Ricoh training as does everyone else, when you compare it to Konica or Xerox training. I hate that they don't tell you which questions you got wrong. Taking some online courses recently gave me more reason to hate their test. On one test they had 2 questions that required you to select 2 out of the list. Problem is that the test would only let you choose one. Well today I was busy doing work orders, I came back to the shop to get a part and my coworker was taking a test on the c3003 Ricoh. No course offered, so of course they ask questions like how much quieter the machine was, which is info you can't find. The cherry on top was the last question which ask about the c454e. For you Ricoh techs who don;t recognize that model, it;s because it is a Konica. She failed the 10 question test and when she retook it, the next test had a Xerox question and a Cannon question, WTF Ricoh. Does anybody proof read these things?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Testing

Re: Testing

All the online test I take I am able to open duplicate windows by essentially logging in twice. One with the exam, the other with the material (videos, etc) so I can locate the answers

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    All the online test I take I am able to open duplicate windows by essentially logging in twice. One with the exam, the other with the material (videos, etc) so I can locate the answers
    I also do that. But it doesn't help to throw in questions about other brands. As much as you try, I bet you can't find Konica answers in a Ricoh manual. Konica and Xerox will at least tell you which questions you missed.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Proof read? Canon online courses were infamous for having questions that the right answer is wrong, or the right answer isn't available. Not to mention the clunky and broken syntax, likely from being translated to two different languages before English.

The tech I mentioned had to take the test 6 times before she got one without any questions about other brands of machines.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Testing

Proof read? Canon online courses were infamous for having questions that the right answer is wrong, or the right answer isn't available. Not to mention the clunky and broken syntax, likely from being translated to two different languages before English.
    HP was the same way until they stopped offering "pay-for" testing. A few times I got free vouchers because I complained about the test. Like above, right answer was wrong, right answer isn't there. The English wasn't all to bad. Couple of questions were just like.......WTF!?

I remember sitting in a hotel room in Charlotte, taking a Xerox test so I can be signed up for the next class while I am still in town. I have one test to go and must be completed before next day. I get to the last 3 questions and it quits letting me select answers. I am loosing my mind. Wind up talking to the testing company in Canada, giving them my answers and having them complete the test for me.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

On my-ricoh. when you've failed the test the first time and it shows you your score, there are two options. One says Finish Review, the other one takes you to the answers. If you hover your mouse cursor over the question, it gives you the correct answers.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    On my-ricoh. when you've failed the test the first time and it shows you your score, there are two options. One says Finish Review, the other one takes you to the answers. If you hover your mouse cursor over the question, it gives you the correct answers.

I had no idea.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

My favorites are the "difference between the previous machine" questions which are almost always sales/marketing garbage instead of useful info.