Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lube

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    lube

Re: lube

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    Maybe someone can tell me what the hell I'm supposed to use this "drysurf" on, since I have to shake the bottle once a week to separate it anyway, I might as well use it. There's a technical bulletin about it, I'm certain of that, just not certain how to find it. For having damn near all the technical information about the products available on the website, you'd think it would be easier to navigate.
    It was initially sent out to lubricate the fusers on the C452 I think. I don't have any C452s so I use it for other things. I had a car window that was very slow going up and down, so, I squirted some Drysurf between the glass and frame and it worked great. Window now goes up and down smoothly. That was in the summer and still working. Seems to be good stuff.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Blackcat: thank you, but none of the products are available in Belgium, Germany or Netherlands.

Anyone knows?
    Does DuPont do business there? Their Krytox line of lubricants work well.
    Also, we used SuperLube oiler pens successfully in some applications, and the one time I pulled the label off of one of them the default printing on the body of the thing appeared to be in German. But I only took three semesters of German language classes in high school back in the '70s and haven't spoken more than a couple of sentences of that language since, so I'm probably wrong there.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Does DuPont do business there? Their Krytox line of lubricants work well.
    Also, we used SuperLube oiler pens successfully in some applications, and the one time I pulled the label off of one of them the default printing on the body of the thing appeared to be in German. But I only took three semesters of German language classes in high school back in the '70s and haven't spoken more than a couple of sentences of that language since, so I'm probably wrong there.
    I'm sure they do, they're a big enough company.

I will say... It's not cheap. But it is DuPont

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk