Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Support Desk 50+ Posts SlipperyCat's Avatar

Re: Most interesting copier location

Not so much a copier but this one dude had his server in the bathroom. No lie, about three feet from the crapper. I guess he liked to multitask!

When I went to install the copier I asked him if he had a server to load drivers on. I thought he was kidding when he pointed to the bathroom. Sure enough, there it was. A rack mount system, the whole works. On wheels!

Granted, it was cooler in the restroom. Maybe that was the reason, or space limitation. Who knows!

I had to fix a fax machine in the WGN radio booth at Wrigley Field. Apparently, Ron Santo accidentally knocked the fax over. It was a beautiful day, the park was empty and the field was being watered. After I was done, I just sat there, taking it all in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    We had a Canon NP 3825 at a gentlemen's club years ago.

Funny how much service that thing tended to need.
    Ha! I had a Ricoh POS desktop Copier needing service at a local strip joint. Took me all damn day to replace the hot roller! BEWBS!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Most interesting copier location

I have a Ricoh MP201 in a kitchen of a local restaurant. It sits right next to the meat slicer. They make no efforts to clean off the scraps of meat that land on it. I can take a cover off and scrape out enough grease to fill a glass. It's perpetually sticky...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Not long after I started the army rented a couple of copiers for some war games they were playing. They were out in the deep woods. I had a call on one. My service car was one of those Susuki piece of shit like a Geo metro. I am driving on this dirt road when all of a sudden a solider jumps out of the brush, motioning frantically waving for me to stop. I slam on the brakes and just about 15 feet in front of me, these 3 giant M-1 tanks come flying out of the trees doing about 40 to 50 mph, cutting across the road I was on. Based on the size of the tank vs the size of my car, it would have been like running over a beer can for them.

If you like guns, I wish I had pics of this one. The Special Warfare School has a weapons facility. Before the new one was build, they used an old building from the 60's. The copier was in the weapons vault. They not only keep what we use, but a collection of all guns used by every army. The vault reminded me of the scene in the Matrix where they bring up these rows of guns in this endless room.

I also used to enjoy watching the pilots learning how to keep the big Chinooks level.

Being in the command of any of these places on base is like any office building, except the security is tight and everyone dresses the same.
    Honestly I admire your 'adventures' dear fix, you must now be 'Battle hardened'.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

Cold storage room at embalming facility machine on one side rows of corpses on the other.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xring1958 View Post
    Cold storage room at embalming facility machine on one side rows of corpses on the other.
    Eeh! Servicing a copier even in the 'world of the dead', it must have been the most chilling and frightening experience! I hope the morgue attendant was at your side throughout that session.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Eeh! Servicing a copier even in the 'world of the dead', it must have been the most chilling and frightening experience! I hope the morgue attendant was at your side throughout that session.

We moved it from their corporate office to the " Care Facility" another word for body preparation. After we rolled it in I was leveling the feet and looked up just as they were unbagging a new arrival. My Tech Trainee was watching me and didn't see the shelves of bodies until I brought it to his attention. On the positive side the air conditioning was working well.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Most interesting copier location

I used to service a copier in a psycho ward of a mental hospital.
    They had to put the patients in their rooms, before they would unlock the security door to let me in
    to get to the also locked up office, where the copier was.
    They had to stay locked in their rooms until I finished the repair job.
    I had to do a full PM on one visit and it took a couple hours, going back and forth to car for parts.
    A lot of screaming going on during that service call.