Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

one of those days

had one of those days, of which i'm sure there's a conspiracy, had to look at a rexel shredder that's not shredding cd's, found the fault, went to order the gear, papers book only lists a 26 or 27 tooth gear, but the gear I have has 25 teeth, not possible I'm told by the manufacturer, our m/c's don't have 25 gear teeth...i've even got my colleagues to count them...next call, can't see the preview of documents in user boxes on a bizhub C360, and it's not coming up with file names , only the user names, check it and sure enough, coming up with user name...instead of document name, check each pc and the user name has been put in where the file name should be left blank...but we haven't done anything, the customer says...and sure enough, when you go to preview the document...it's blank, but will print ok.....next job bizhub c364, when sending searchable pdf over 45 pages, it's getting corrupted, when it's not searchable it's fine....sure enough....send a scan and you get "unable to open pdf" "file is damaged and can't be repaired"...finally a bizhub c454...customer trying to print off a document they always print off and it fails due to "data size too large", will have a think on them all tonight....never had so many wierd problems in one day.....maybe as it's just after halloween, all the ancient burial sites...are coming too life...
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Re: one of those days

Damn, dude. You need a few days off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: one of those days

well.....it's not me....got the new shredder gear today, it's got 25 teeth , the C360 not being able to preview, needed a FW update, their IT is sorting the rest, the searchable PDf problem, is no longer my problem I scanned a document to a memory stick & to the customer, it opens on my PC at work...but not the customers..., as for the file size....when the customer sent it to someone elses PC, it printed....again not my problem....
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...