Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Operator Error
    Just kidding around guys..

Quote Originally Posted by operator error View Post
    just kidding around guys..
    no need to feel guilty ive also done it i actually went outside to look for a peace of foil and got a peace from some kids lunch wrap at a community library.

Service Manager 100+ Posts deep's Avatar
    I had once using a thin copper wire as a charger wire for a SF-7370.
    Oh!!!Wonderful.......it works.
    Kenny

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Whats Your Best Macguyver

On the Mita DC131 it was very common for the cleaning corona to break when a piece of paper drum wraps and rolls up into the cleaning corona unit. My customer had seen me restring the cleaning corona many times.

It had been a while since I had been there. When I arrived the customer was very pleased with himself. He had taken a length of 18 gg stranded lamp cord, stripped it and strung one of the copper strands in the cleaning corona unit. It had been working for several months.

Any of you old timers know that the 131 coronas had a leaf spring tensioner and are not the easiest to string, even with tungsten wire. Copper is a special challenge since it is so soft. I was very impressed. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    Attachment 5045Attachment 5044 ok - i know its an old thread but its the 3rd one i've had to do. Taken from a ricoh fuser for the press roller. Sent to an r.t.f. for another engineer who didnt tell me the sensor was broken! glued the circuit pwb back together and cut an old harness down and soldered the 3 strips back on.

OMD-227
    A very long time ago, I was forced to make a top cover clip to enable it to lock down, on a QMS/Minolta Magicolor 2. I was over 150km's from the office, where I knew we had an old one sitting around for parts, so I wasn't making the return trip just for a plastic clip. I made the clip from a wooden paddle-pop/ice cream stick, crazy glued onto the latch and prayed. It actually held up perfectly. The machine was upgraded to a Minolta CF2001 copier 1 year later, and I noticed my handywork was still there... still working fine. I never went back to that client while they still had the Magicolor printer, but I had the proper/real clip required in my car all that time.... just in case it did come back.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Back when the Mita DC-152 was still new, we had one in the office that had never made it out to a customer. After ~4 minutes of warmup the heat roller would warp like a banana and start to melt it's way through the pressure roller. After two years and 5 fuser rebuilds it was still sitting there.

I had gotten the idea that a couple of the AC relay leads could have gotten switched at the factory. After comparing it to another machine, indeed two of the leads were different. I switched them, installed the sixth set of fuser rollers, and to my delight it completed warmup without melting down the fuser. The problem was, that someone had taken the lower fuser exit guide for another call, and it was missing.

I just had to see if the machine would actually pass paper before I went home for the day. So I pulled down a piece of suspended ceiling T-rail from our office, reformed it a bit, and fabricated a very ugly-but-functional exit guide. We even sold the machine later the same week (with a new exit guide). =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    So I pulled down a piece of suspended ceiling T-rail from our office, reformed it a bit, and fabricated a very ugly-but-functional exit guide. We even sold the machine later the same week (with a new exit guide). =^..^=
    Down here, you'd be known as a 'butcher'. Thats mad!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Repaired DI 650 DV unit that broke the shaft off on of the drive gears.
    Paperclip welding 101 and JB weld. Held for 2 months while I searched for a used DV unit.
    I still keep in on the shelf for backup.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    Top this guys. A few years ago, I had a very fussy, very old law office administrator for a customer. Her desk was right by her Minolta ep4050, and she would call all the time for faint squeaks, that our vacuum cleaner-induced hearing loss can never detect. On my way in for yet another noise call, it dawned on me. I stopped at a drug store, and bought her a cheap $8 clock-radio. I plugged it in, put on a Muzak station, and said it was her's for being so patient for the squeaky machine. The problem wasn't the machine. The problem was her office was too quiet. The noise calls stopped, and only saw her again for real issues. Every time I visited, she's thanked me for the radio, that she still uses. That was 3 copiers ago. Not bad for eight bucks.
    Kevin900