Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    copy tech preppers

Re: copy tech preppers

Quote Originally Posted by JDYAL View Post
    Dang Mr. Phil, that's my kinda living. I grew up in South Ga. and we always canned vegetables every year. Joined the Army straight out of High school. Spent time with the 101st at Fort Campbell Ky. but my last duty station was Ft. Bragg with the 82nd. Got my first copier job in Raleigh after I got out. Stuck in Florida now, not much room for a garden and land is expensive. I have plenty of fire power though and a good amount of ammo. With plenty of skills acquired to effectively eliminate potential threats. Working on a food plan now.
    A special salute to you sir for visiting the VA hospital. I know those guys appreciate it. Keep up the good work.
    Well Brother, sounds like you have the defense weapons covered.... I finally got the 3/8" Steel Plates mounted under the wallboard below every front facing window... now gunna work on the back of the house.

Snagged my first alligator snapper the other day after the rain... i need to work on the spices n shit needed to make it taste better ( might be all the mud in the pond )

Yeah I had some guys I used to sit with in Fayettenam hospital that couldn't handle the PTSD and finished it themselves . but everyone there ( Vets ) ARE so glad to have visitors. Folks from my church started going down with me and on my alternate weekends.... but they never were are military folks and just couldn't handle the heart aches... it's tough but you have to think WHY you are there... not for yourself but for the MEN and WOMEN that have given soooo much to the country.

Bragg... ahhhhh yes nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live in fayettevile.. ( base is OK but town is getting trashy.

AND last but NOT least THANK YOU Sir, for your service! Not many will say it out loud...but.. SALUTE to you !

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Well Brother, sounds like you have the defense weapons covered.... I finally got the 3/8" Steel Plates mounted under the wallboard below every front facing window... now gunna work on the back of the house.

Snagged my first alligator snapper the other day after the rain... i need to work on the spices n shit needed to make it taste better ( might be all the mud in the pond )

Yeah I had some guys I used to sit with in Fayettenam hospital that couldn't handle the PTSD and finished it themselves . but everyone there ( Vets ) ARE so glad to have visitors. Folks from my church started going down with me and on my alternate weekends.... but they never were are military folks and just couldn't handle the heart aches... it's tough but you have to think WHY you are there... not for yourself but for the MEN and WOMEN that have given soooo much to the country.

Bragg... ahhhhh yes nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live in fayettevile.. ( base is OK but town is getting trashy.

AND last but NOT least THANK YOU Sir, for your service! Not many will say it out loud...but.. SALUTE to you !

Thanks for visiting the vets. Gotta take issue with your trashy comment. I have lived here since 71 and back then it was one of the, if not the crime capitol of America. There are $900,000 condos downtown where people used to get throats slit. Bad neighborhoods are getting bulldozed every year. If you have gone to the new VA on Raeford road, you passed near my shop. If you are going to the old one, well, that is still not a nice area, but getting better. Has to have been about a billion spent in new roads in the past 20 years. Have you gone to the museum on Hay street.? The 82;nd just built a new one on base. Based on your post, you seem kind of out of place in Raleighwood. I would think you would be more at home down here. I don't think I know anybody who doesn't own a gundown here. My mother has 8 acres in Harnett county. She sits in her living room and watches the deer, wild turkeys, raccoons and others eat the feed she puts out. Just last Sunday, I ran off a group of at least a dozen turkeys. Has a half acre pond in the back yard.Full of bass and bream. Down a road where the pavement ends and you keep driving down the dirt road. Be mine one day. Anyway, thanks for your service.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    copy tech preppers

I like the steel plate idea....We have s cinder block home so we're good with most small arms but I will be purchasing some steel plate just in case.

As for the turtle or any game that may be a little iffy on taste soak it in apple cider vinegar for at least 4 hours then rinse season and cook. That's the way I was taught. Also buttermilk works if you want to go that route.

I have also lost friends to PTSD and one family friend in Afghanistan. Still waiting to see how things go for my son he did a tour in Afghanistan with the 101st and has only been back 5 months. PTSD is a crazy thing that a lot of people don't understand. I know that it helps to have a support system though. I also have a daughter finishing up tech school in the Airforce so I try to do what I can to support our troops. We have to help our troops any way we can.

copy tech preppers

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Thanks for visiting the vets. Gotta take issue with your trashy comment. I have lived here since 71 and back then it was one of the, if not the crime capitol of America. There are $900,000 condos downtown where people used to get throats slit. Bad neighborhoods are getting bulldozed every year. If you have gone to the new VA on Raeford road, you passed near my shop. If you are going to the old one, well, that is still not a nice area, but getting better. Has to have been about a billion spent in new roads in the past 20 years. Have you gone to the museum on Hay street.? The 82;nd just built a new one on base. Based on your post, you seem kind of out of place in Raleighwood. I would think you would be more at home down here. I don't think I know anybody who doesn't own a gundown here. My mother has 8 acres in Harnett county. She sits in her living room and watches the deer, wild turkeys, raccoons and others eat the feed she puts out. Just last Sunday, I ran off a group of at least a dozen turkeys. Has a half acre pond in the back yard.Full of bass and bream. Down a road where the pavement ends and you keep driving down the dirt road. Be mine one day. Anyway, thanks for your service.
    1) I don't live in raleigh I work there... I live in harnett county ( Angier )

2) take all the issues you want with my comment, I made it I stand by it.

3) never served in the military.. but i support all that do/have

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

1) I don't live in raleigh I work there... I live in harnett county ( Angier )

2) take all the issues you want with my comment, I made it I stand by it.

3) never served in the military.. but i support all that do/have

Was just making conversation. Have a great day.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

copy tech preppers

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    a pig with lipstick on is still just that ... a pig in makeup.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    copy tech preppers

Phil, I don't know if yo do Facebook or not, but if you do there is a group called Pin-Ups for Vets started by Gina Elise. They are a group of mostly female vet from all branches of service who do 1940s style pin-up calendars to raise funds for state of the art rehab equipment for VA and military hospitals. They also do morale visits to VA hospital and deliver copies of their calendars to patient.

They also have a website.

pin-ups-for-vets | About

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Phil, I don't know if yo do Facebook or not, but if you do there is a group called Pin-Ups for Vets started by Gina Elise. They are a group of mostly female vet from all branches of service who do 1940s style pin-up calendars to raise funds for state of the art rehab equipment for VA and military hospitals. They also do morale visits to VA hospital and deliver copies of their calendars to patient.

pin-ups-for-vets | About
    Nice idea...

Nice calendar girls to. I'm sure such a calendar would help keep any blokes spirit up... .... And up a few more times too...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

copy tech preppers

pin-ups-for-vets | About
    hadn't heard about them until now! Thanks.. I used to be on facistbook..until they started shutting down the patriot / prepper and gun groups i was in... they even tried to shut down the III%UP group I was state leader in...now just drop in to check up on close friends.

again Slim... thanks! groups like hers NEVER gets enough help/exposure!

copy tech preppers

pin-ups-for-vets | About
    with a 'mission statement' like this WHO could refuse to help...now the challenge to all that read this... I gave $20... WHO will STAND UP and match me!?

People ask me all the time how the “Pin-Ups For Vets” calendar project came to be...

In 2006, I started seeing news articles about under-funded Veterans’ healthcare programs. Then, there were stories about older Veterans who lay in bed day after day, never receiving any visitors. Reports started surfacing on TV about the severe injuries sustained by our troops fighting in Iraq.

The more I heard about the uphill battles of our Wounded Warriors, the more convinced I was of the need to produce a project that would bring in funds to support all of our hospitalized Veterans.

My late Grandpa Lou served in the Army for 4 years during World War II. I wanted to do something to honor his name. I always loved the romance of those bygone eras - especially the 1940’s - and I drew inspiration from the World War II pin-up girls, whose photos and paintings boosted morale for our soldiers fighting overseas.

I came up with the idea to recreate a nostalgic pin-up calendar that would serve three purposes:

1. The calendars would be sold to raise funds for our hospitalized Veterans.
    2. The calendars would be delivered as gifts to our ill and injured Veterans with messages of appreciation from the donors.
    3. The calendars would be sent to our deployed troops to help boost morale and to let them know that Americans back home are thinking of them.