Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    copy tech preppers

Re: copy tech preppers

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Nice idea...

Nice calendar girls to. I'm sure such a calendar would help keep any blokes spirit up... .... And up a few more times too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    hadn't heard about them until now! Thanks.. I used to be on facistbook..until they started shutting down the patriot / prepper and gun groups i was in... they even tried to shut down the III%UP group I was state leader in...now just drop in to check up on close friends.

again Slim... thanks! groups like hers NEVER gets enough help/exposure!
    with a 'mission statement' like this WHO could refuse to help...now the challenge to all that read this... I gave $20... WHO will STAND UP and match me!?

People ask me all the time how the “Pin-Ups For Vets” calendar project came to be...

In 2006, I started seeing news articles about under-funded Veterans’ healthcare programs. Then, there were stories about older Veterans who lay in bed day after day, never receiving any visitors. Reports started surfacing on TV about the severe injuries sustained by our troops fighting in Iraq.

The more I heard about the uphill battles of our Wounded Warriors, the more convinced I was of the need to produce a project that would bring in funds to support all of our hospitalized Veterans.

My late Grandpa Lou served in the Army for 4 years during World War II. I wanted to do something to honor his name. I always loved the romance of those bygone eras - especially the 1940’s - and I drew inspiration from the World War II pin-up girls, whose photos and paintings boosted morale for our soldiers fighting overseas.

I came up with the idea to recreate a nostalgic pin-up calendar that would serve three purposes:

1. The calendars would be sold to raise funds for our hospitalized Veterans.
    2. The calendars would be delivered as gifts to our ill and injured Veterans with messages of appreciation from the donors.
    3. The calendars would be sent to our deployed troops to help boost morale and to let them know that Americans back home are thinking of them.
    FYI, Army Veteran Patti Gomez who is Miss October in the 2019 calendar is Mrs New York and is heading to Las Vegas this week to compete for Mrs. America! Mrs. New York Gives Back to Veterans While Competing on The National Stage

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    copy tech preppers

with a 'mission statement' like this WHO could refuse to help...now the challenge to all that read this... I gave $20... WHO will STAND UP and match me!?

People ask me all the time how the “Pin-Ups For Vets” calendar project came to be...

In 2006, I started seeing news articles about under-funded Veterans’ healthcare programs. Then, there were stories about older Veterans who lay in bed day after day, never receiving any visitors. Reports started surfacing on TV about the severe injuries sustained by our troops fighting in Iraq.

The more I heard about the uphill battles of our Wounded Warriors, the more convinced I was of the need to produce a project that would bring in funds to support all of our hospitalized Veterans.

My late Grandpa Lou served in the Army for 4 years during World War II. I wanted to do something to honor his name. I always loved the romance of those bygone eras - especially the 1940’s - and I drew inspiration from the World War II pin-up girls, whose photos and paintings boosted morale for our soldiers fighting overseas.

I came up with the idea to recreate a nostalgic pin-up calendar that would serve three purposes:

1. The calendars would be sold to raise funds for our hospitalized Veterans.
    2. The calendars would be delivered as gifts to our ill and injured Veterans with messages of appreciation from the donors.
    3. The calendars would be sent to our deployed troops to help boost morale and to let them know that Americans back home are thinking of them.
    I have matched your donation. I had also ordered a calendar for myself a few weeks ago.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    copy tech preppers

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I have matched your donation. I had also ordered a calendar for myself a few weeks ago.
    Slim, I knew if ANYONE would stand up and take the challenge! Bless You Brother!