Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    former propeller tester 250+ Posts

copy tech preppers

so I have an old copier pedestal packed with baked beans waiting for Armageddon, but no weapons system in place to protect it - yet.
    I watched a prepper TV show where some dude and his hot daughter built a giant catapult that could hurl engine blocks down his driveway to protect his bean stash (and his daughter). I think the reload time was a bit lengthy (half a day), so every shot would have to count. What systems have techs got going on?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: copy tech preppers

I've been slowly collecting machine parts, which I will, someday, arrange together to build a giant, protective robot.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    copy tech preppers

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Don't forget medical supplies bandages.. liquids... and know how to utilize them
    IF you take meds try to store about 6mos worth.

Dried beans/rice can be stored safely in 2/3ltr plastic soda bottles.

Every payday I try and buy 1 case of canned veggies/meats for when SHTF
    Well, with trump in we are one step closer to SHTF. LOL

When in doubt use a laser.
    Whatever

Who was the first guy to throw shit at a fan?
    Whatever

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

3 minutes without air
    3 days without water
    3 months without food.
    And to add a quote from Bear Grills(Survival Doc's)
    "3 seconds without thinking."

... In OZ we've had 40,000 years of preppers. If we want to survive long term we only need ask the original in habitants of this great land. The aboriginal people have been doing the same for quite a long time. Their innate natural survival is second to none. There are some good documentaries on bush tucker man indigenous TV. I've learnt some things about the natural bush that I never knew. First think, where are you running too, and how many others are running to the same place. The best positive about a negative fight is that you learn who your real friends are very quickly.

If you want to feel happy again clean the toxins viruses, chemicals from your body so you can think clearly. Turn off the -- idiot box(TV) and stop streaming (the sky is falling) doom and gloom into your life. Quit with the Monkey-see-Monkey-do syndrome. There is no one up there in all those castles up there in the sky. Stop focusing your metal and physical energies up to the imaginary palace in the sky. NO ONE is coming to pat you on the back for a job well done!. You may as well quit waiting for it to happen.

Its never too late to make family,neighbourly, indigenous, city, country or world wide friends... Love is the glue that binds, hate is the solvent that separates and destroys...
    No philosophy required here just raw fact.

Choose which life stream you want:
    For ever running away from anger and hate of your final self (for it is the creation generated by self) , or acceptance and tolerance in friendships.
    (And don't let boredom confuse the meaning of either.)

It's a sh!t easy choice pick one....
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 11-11-2016 at 11:21 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

It isn't actually prepping, but I've been through enough short power outages that I keep four gallons of potable water in the kitchen cabinets and ten gallons of non potable water in the basement. Also a five gallon can of kerosine to fire up the kerosine heater if power outages occur during winter (the thing kind of smells, but it is better than frozen pipes).
    As long as water doesn't get into them, beans last for a long time, don't they? Rice does too. (Hat tip to Dave Ramsey.)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    3 minutes without air
    3 days without water
    3 months without food.
    And to add a quote from Bear Grills(Survival Doc's)
    "3 seconds without thinking."

... In OZ we've had 40,000 years of preppers. If we want to survive long term we only need ask the original in habitants of this great land. The aboriginal people have been doing the same for quite a long time. Their innate natural survival is second to none. There are some good documentaries on bush tucker man indigenous TV. I've learnt some things about the natural bush that I never knew. First think, where are you running too, and how many others are running to the same place. The best positive about a negative fight is that you learn who your real friends are very quickly.

If you want to feel happy again clean the toxins viruses, chemicals from your body so you can think clearly. Turn off the -- idiot box(TV) and stop streaming (the sky is falling) doom and gloom into your life. Quit with the Monkey-see-Monkey-do syndrome. There is no one up there in all those castles up there in the sky. Stop focusing your metal and physical energies up to the imaginary palace in the sky. NO ONE is coming to pat you on the back for a job well done!. You may as well quit waiting for it to happen.

Its never too late to make family,neighbourly, indigenous, city, country or world wide friends... Love is the glue that binds, hate is the solvent that separates and destroys...
    No philosophy required here just raw fact.

Choose which life stream you want:
    For ever running away from anger and hate of your final self (for it is the creation generated by self) , or acceptance and tolerance in friendships.
    (And don't let boredom confuse the meaning of either.)

It's a sh!t easy choice pick one....
    well said Neo

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    It isn't actually prepping, but I've been through enough short power outages that I keep four gallons of potable water in the kitchen cabinets and ten gallons of non potable water in the basement. Also a five gallon can of kerosine to fire up the kerosine heater if power outages occur during winter (the thing kind of smells, but it is better than frozen pipes).
    As long as water doesn't get into them, beans last for a long time, don't they? Rice does too. (Hat tip to Dave Ramsey.)
    yeh that's a bit lame so far, have you thought of building a flame thrower from samsung parts and attaching it to the ride on lawnmower as part of a Mel Gibson style defence system

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    copy tech preppers

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    yeh that's a bit lame so far, have you thought of building a flame thrower from samsung parts and attaching it to the ride on lawnmower as part of a Mel Gibson style defence system
    Would you actually depend on Samsung parts to help you with defense?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --