Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Trump Protesters - the joke's on them

Re: Trump Protesters - the joke's on them

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    As the vid is kind of rude, I posted it as a link on the word "This". That still works here.
    If that doesn't work, I'll PM you that if you want. Otherwise just search for the Jonathan Pie explanation of Donald Trump on YouTube.
    Don't watch it at work though. Rude language sometimes is unproductive.
    I totally overlooked 'this' and it works great, thanks. Awesome rant!
    Last edited by mx6turbo89; 11-16-2016 at 03:00 AM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 907tec View Post
    Just so we're clear: Hillary won the popular vote by over 1 million votes as of 11/15/16. This number is increasing (not decreasing) as absentee ballots are counted.
    Just so we're also clear, people who whine about the popular vote are morons, and I dare you to find out why.
    Honestly, if you want to personally deny me my vote, I'm going to make you work for it. It would be silly to do otherwise.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 11-16-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Your reply was anything but clear. I have no idea what you meant by that. Nothing in my comment can be construed as whining. I am simply tired of misinformation being regurgitated as nauseam.

Who is denying you of your vote in this situation? What am I being dared to do, exactly?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 907tec View Post
    Just so we're clear: Hillary won the popular vote by over 1 million votes as of 11/15/16. This number is increasing (not decreasing) as absentee ballots are counted.
    You have not provided documentation. I have. Apparently you did not bother to read this link I posted earlier. As of today's update, Trump leads the popular vote by just over 700K, Trump 62,972,226 Clinton 62,277,750.

https://70news.wordpress.com/2016/11...-petition-now/

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You have not provided documentation. I have. Apparently you did not bother to read this link I posted earlier. As of today's update, Trump leads the popular vote by just over 700K, Trump 62,972,226 Clinton 62,277,750.

https://70news.wordpress.com/2016/11...-petition-now/
    You can't seriously be using a WordPress site as your citation, can you? You and I both know that I don't REALLY have to Google this for you. Literally every news organization has the current numbers. If you would like links, I will gladly supply them.

Again, I am not disputing that Trump is our president. I am correcting your assertion that he won the popular vote.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

My old man run for local council many years ago. He an I had a discussion about me being a young up-start and why I should never protest vote on a ballot paper.

He explain the protest voter problem to me in simple terms.

The old mans explanation went something similar to the following.
    (I've changed the flavour of the story over the years) :
    You are living in a small town of 10 people. The town has to vote for a new sanitary toilet system. 9 out of 10 people don't like the mayor. So 9 of the people wrote "stuff you" on the ballot paper. The 10th person (being the town drunk) walks in to vote and say he doesn't use toilets and votes "NO" on the ballot.

The towns folk never got their sanitation system because the majority proper/popular voter said "No" on the ballot.

In other words, 9 of the towns people left the entire sanitary voting choice up to one single person. And so, the town lays in it's own crap because they wrote crap on the ballot paper.

Instead of a protest vote, pick the lesser of two evils on the ballot paper, an avoid leaving the choice of running the country up to the inebriated socialites voters.

A personal protest vote means leaving your voting choice rest on the shoulders of someone else. Just be sure that choice doesn't rest on the shoulders of the wacked-out "Nuke-them-all political party."
    But when you're voting for candidates, and you feel as though both candidates are essentially working for the same people, the vote doesn't actually matter. The reason the vote mattered this time was because someone the system DIDN'T choose had won the primary.

In all honesty, I was going to try and start a "Vote For Pedro" campaign. But then Trump won the primary. I don't know if he'll do good or not, I just know he's not more of the same. So we'll wait and see.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    From your link - "Clinton’s 671,066 popular vote margin across the entire country, 61,047,027 votes to Donald Trump’s 60,375,961 votes (according to Politico’s election results website as of Tuesday morning) arose from this huge advantage wracked up in these elite coastal counties."
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    From your link - "Clinton’s 671,066 popular vote margin across the entire country, 61,047,027 votes to Donald Trump’s 60,375,961 votes (according to Politico’s election results website as of Tuesday morning) arose from this huge advantage wracked up in these elite coastal counties."
    Google Image search "Well, shit." When the illegal votes are deducted from the overall total I believe the end result will be a win for Trump in both Popular and Electoral votes. But we'll see. December 19th will be a day to watch.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The point is moot... Trump is our next President... period! Regardless, of popular vote or electoral vote... if you don't like it, too bad so sad. Obama has been our President for almost 8 years..... done in a little over a month.... but, time for a new one, that's it! If you need a cuddle-buddy, a dog to help you deal with it, I'm sure you can get in line with the rest of the weak- minded, cry baby, my feeling are hurt people that can't seem to deal with it ( give me a break). IT'S CALLED REALITY!!!!! I'm done with my rant and guess what... I don't care if I hurt any feelings... Now, that being said, I'm ready focus on more important stuff, like to go repair more copiers, printers and make them communicate with the networks and learn! On a lighter-side note, if you haven't seen George Carlin's rant on politics, I highly recommend it, a comedians point of view on politics...hmm, maybe he is on to something?