Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 101
  1. #91
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What really p!sses me off!

    Lagonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,434
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: What really p!sses me off!

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    WRPMO..... No dunny paper or the last slither of hope left on the roll.


    Its like racing into a multiple ablution block and finding the only cubical without dunny paper while you're sitting there half way done.
    Or diving into a cubicle in Hong Kong and discovering you should have purchased some paper before entering.
    My guide book was a couple of pages short.

    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

  2. #92
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    2,616
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: What really p!sses me off!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Or diving into a cubicle in Hong Kong and discovering you should have purchased some paper before entering.
    My guide book was a couple of pages short.
    Something very similar, but I'd vaguely remember exiting the cubicle less a pair o' perl white bonds gotcha undies, or one sock missing....

    And mum always thought her Whirlpool roller ringer washing machine ate socks and undies...

    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  3. #93
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Geo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: What really p!sses me off!

    Had to have a biopsy ( cancer or not) done on a lump that developed rather quickly on my lip . Doctor told me the results would take a week to ten days , but they had the results in three days ,however they did not give me the results until I came in for the follow up appointment....TWO weeks later. So for 10 + days you're on pins and needles thinking of worse case scenarios.
    So why do some Doctors force you to wait until your next appointment to give you good results of a biopsy?

    P.S. Biopsy was negative.


  4. #94
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    7,947
    Rep Power
    173

    Re: What really p!sses me off!

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Had to have a biopsy ( cancer or not) done on a lump that developed rather quickly on my lip . Doctor told me the results would take a week to ten days , but they had the results in three days ,however they did not give me the results until I came in for the follow up appointment....TWO weeks later. So for 10 + days you're on pins and needles thinking of worse case scenarios.
    So why do some Doctors force you to wait until your next appointment to give you good results of a biopsy?

    P.S. Biopsy was negative.
    Had the results been positive, they would have called you upon receiving them and told you to come in immediately.


  5. #95
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Geo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: What really p!sses me off!

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Had the results been positive, they would have called you upon receiving them and told you to come in immediately.
    One would hope...but why make you wait and wonder?


  6. #96
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    chas
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: What really p!sses me off!

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Had to have a biopsy ( cancer or not) done on a lump that developed rather quickly on my lip . Doctor told me the results would take a week to ten days , but they had the results in three days ,however they did not give me the results until I came in for the follow up appointment....TWO weeks later. So for 10 + days you're on pins and needles thinking of worse case scenarios.
    So why do some Doctors force you to wait until your next appointment to give you good results of a biopsy?

    P.S. Biopsy was negative.
    I go through this every three months. I have to have blood tests done to check my kidney function since I have stage four kidney disease. It has been a long time since I was in a support group for chronic disease patients. But one of the very topics we did discuss was why the test results were not relayed or told to us until our next appointment. Which for those with stage one progression appointments could be every six months. Or stage four sufferers could be every two months. Bad news, we were told results, in an immediate call to bring you in and discuss treatment options for just about any medical condition not just kidney disease. No call before the scheduled appointment means your condition is stable, benign, or improved. Healthcare workers explained not calling with good news actually results in less anxiety on the part of the patient over tests results. For a lot of patients a call from the doctor's office before the scheduled follow-up visit has to be bad news. No matter what the call is about. And in a small number of patients early calls with the results has actually resulted in anxiety attacks resembling heart attacks before the nurse or doctor could tell the patient the good news.


    And yes I have had the doctor call a week after having blood tests done to inform me I should immediately stop taking a medicine I had been on for treating a secondary effect of my kidney disease for more than six years. Because the recent blood tests indicated a problem the medicine may have even been making the condition worse.


  7. #97
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    2,616
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: What really p!sses me off!

    Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    snip
    Because the recent blood tests indicated a problem the medicine may have even been making the condition worse.
    Yes... death by doctoring.

    I'm at the age where I've seen few examples of wrongful diagnosis (aka death by doctoring).
    I come close to being on the end of something similar a few years ago.

    Next time you're talking to the medical fraternity,ask if you're allowed to bring your own stress relief with you on the next visit. Something in the form of a large stick...

    The poor docs are so entrenched in the pharmaceutical bible of curers and locked in further by their insurance clauses, that the no longer wish to pursue proper doctoring. The medical industry wonders why people are turning to alternative health in volumes.

    A government employed medical Locum or surgical Anaesthetist gets around $400,000 wages per year here in Australia. Don't believe me look up the job network here in OZ.

    There is no job on this planet that is worth that amount of money for one single person.
    Who wants to spend time curing people, when you got to think about a fourth or fifth block of investment flats, or if the wife gets a blue or pink Mercedes Benz car this year.



    Sad...

    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 5 Days Ago at 03:53 AM.
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  8. #98
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    chas
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: What really p!sses me off!

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Yes... death by doctoring.

    I'm at the age where I've seen few examples of wrongful diagnosis (aka death by doctoring).
    I come close to being on the end of something similar a few years ago.

    Next time you're talking to the medical fraternity,ask if you're allowed to bring your own stress relief with you on the next visit. Something in the form of a large stick...

    The poor docs are so entrenched in the pharmaceutical bible of curers and locked in further by their insurance clauses, that the no longer wish to pursue proper doctoring. The medical industry wonders why people are turning to alternative health in volumes.

    A government employed medical Locum or surgical Anaesthetist gets around $400,000 wages per year here in Australia. Don't believe me look up the job network here in OZ.

    There is no job on this planet that is worth that amount of money for one single person.
    Who wants to spend time curing people, when you got to think about a fourth or fifth block of investment flats, or if the wife gets a blue or pink Mercedes Benz car this year.



    Sad...
    Sadly I can point to too many examples of holistic medicine practitioner quacks that made matters even worse. In my specific case there were three different chiropractors that were customers of mine. They all noticed I had a problem straitening my back when standing. And all three could "cure" me by adjusting my spine. Oh yes all three also said the lumpy growth in the muscles of my back could also be cured with spinal adjustment. Fortunately I also had an appointment with an actual doctor to have the lump removed. It was a benign tumor. This was also several years before the kidney disease became diagnosed.

    And then there were the holistic medicinal treatments explained by one supplier we sold a copier to. The bull dropping explanation of how a one part per million formula would induce my body to create the (the example given was aspirin in one particular serum) medicinal component and form a natural pain reliever within/by my own body. So I would no longer need to take any aspirin to treat a headache or any other reason. Just drink the formula that only cost five dollars for a bottle good for five dosages.


    Oh there are hundreds of different natural remedies to a whole host of aches and pains and some illnesses. Like the current claim by some that marijuana cures cancer. Or the relief afforded by simple honey for several different ailments, like a sore throat. A lot of these home remedies can actually provide relief and treatment. But if the problem persists then it might be better to actually see a doctor of healthcare professional to test for a more serious condition.

    Oh yes just to add there are actually good results from the as you call them "the pharmaceutical bible of curers" You may or may not be old enough to have grown up with victims of polio. But back in the early fifties there was this pharmaceutical curer that developed a vaccine that cured and nearly wiped out one of the worst diseases to effect a very large number of children in our country. The disease is making a return now because of the lack of required vaccination and there are immigrants bringing the disease from areas where there was/is not universal required vaccination


  9. #99
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,973
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: What really p!sses me off!

    Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    Oh yes just to add there are actually good results from the as you call them "the pharmaceutical bible of curers" You may or may not be old enough to have grown up with victims of polio. But back in the early fifties there was this pharmaceutical curer that developed a vaccine that cured and nearly wiped out one of the worst diseases to effect a very large number of children in our country. The disease is making a return now because of the lack of required vaccination and there are immigrants bringing the disease from areas where there was/is not universal required vaccination
    there are a lot of diseases that were gone from the USA ( and other portions of the world.. that are making a comeback due to lax checking at the border. It seems the factor of " denying peoples rights" ( non US citizens) is more important than the well being of our countrymen.
    AND it cannot be blamed on just one political party, they are all pushing for what they want ( cheap labor / votes )

    Last edited by Phil B.; 16 Hours Ago at 05:56 PM.

  10. #100
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,973
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: What really p!sses me off!

    what REALLY pisses me off:

    IT folks that INSIST the problem exists on the machine ( because they NEVER make mistakes ) then when you SHOW them the fact of the INCORRECT driver installed ( .WSD ) they tell you the USER must have changed it.... even tho that option is greyed out to the user. So they remotely install another driver ( .WSD AGAIN )
    so when you ask for control of the PC.... they FREAK and call your boss.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here