Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What really p!sses me off!

Re: What really p!sses me off!

The Ford dealer started this sequence of events for me.

On my 1989 Festiva the transmission seals failed and all the trans fluid leaked out. First I lost 5th gear, then 4th gear, then 3rd gear. By the time I got to the dealer I was going as fast as I dared in 2nd gear. The drive train was still covered within the 100K mile warranty. After a good deal of discussion, the dealer did rebuild the transmission.

A few days later a friend pointed out that my reverse lights remained on constantly. The dealer was disinclined to repair the problem, since that would involve disassembling the transmission a second time to reposition a linkage inside the transmission. When I tired of that discussion and lack of progress, I posted a large sign in the rear window explaining why my reverse light remained on ... and the name of the dealer prominently in large characters.

After about 6 months of that, and my sign looking worse for wear, I tossed the sign and connected the reverse lights to a separate toggle switch. It works almost identically to the brake light arrangement above. Just as a final note, that Ford dealer declared bankruptcy about 5 years later. I hope I had some small part in bringing that to fruition.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I guess if this is going to include stupid driving stuff, I probably should bring up the blind drivers that ran into me.
    I drove a bright red minivan (Ford Windstar) for work for a while, and it got crashed into four times. One t-bone from someone backing out of a parking lot, and rear ended three times, mostly in town so the speed differential was not that large, and I was able to drive away in all cases (and none of my car stock was ever damaged either), but I did get my bell rung a couple of times. (Takes a few cases to stretch that out of the neck.)
    I will never have another red vehicle ever.
    Oh, and Cat, it was kind of unclear but I hope you aren't still dealing with the Festiva anymore. Because that was the second car to hit the minivan. While I was able to drive away, the Festiva was salvage and the lady driving the thing had to go to the hospital. I still feel bad about that.

For the number plate wipers.

Take a needle and adjust the wiper liquid nozzles all the way up to spray over your car.
    Whatever

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Gene, a bright red car? Were you advertising for 'Target'? (Pun intended)
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    For the number plate wipers.

Take a needle and adjust the wiper liquid nozzles all the way up to spray over your car.
    Tap a small hole into the exhaust manifold and connect a wiperwasher unit with bottle full of waste oil. Press the button for a few seconds to force a few drops of waste oil into the hot exhaust and watch blinding blue smoke out the exhaust of your car.I recon the guy tailgating behind you will be so busy trying to see he will be on the brakes hard.

Each your heart out Roulette Fighter pilots.... ....o .....o .....oo

Disclaimer:- Do not try this at home, we are trained professanals, proficials professionals.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Whahehe. Brake fluid makes very nice smoke. Or if your a bit of an environmentalist use Propylene Glycol (smoke machine fluid) for a really intense effect.
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Speaking of Ford, and although this wasn't really Ford's fault, I was very displeased with their troubleshooting....

My Mother in Law had a Ford small sedan about 1 year out of the factory warranty. She kept on telling us that when she drove the RPMs were always in the 3K range, even at highway speeds. She took it in and they diagnosed it as needed a transmission flush, so $200 later still has the issue, She took it back in 2 or 3 times over about 3 months and each time they diagnosed it as something else, did the work and sent her on her way with the issue never fixed. One day she needed to get some errands done as she was getting on in years asked me if I'd chauffer her around for a few hours. I thought it would be a good time to see if the car really gave her the problems she said she was having (never drove before this). We spent the morning running around and the car shifted as expected, all 4 gears and OD worked so I said to her they must have actually fixed it the last time...On the way home it started raining, state law says light and wipers on while raining so while driving about 55 I turned on the headlights. Immediately, the engine dropped into 3rd gear and the RPMs went up to about 3.5 KRMPS. Lights off and back into OD, lights on and back into 3rd gear. (She had driven this way during a rainstorm from SC to Florida). I said great, this should allow Ford to fix it this time, and the next morning, she was T Boned by a young lady resulting in a total loss. I just find it hard to believe that Ford had no tech pubs addressing an electrical issue with the lights and the transmission controls. If she had brought it in again I'm sure they would have recommended a new transmission.
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Whahehe. Brake fluid makes very nice smoke. Or if your a bit of an environmentalist use Propylene Glycol (smoke machine fluid) for a really intense effect.

Ya ya ya yah... rolling my grubbing hands together with a snickering smirk.

Look out Road Runner, Wyle Coyote has a new Acme toy....

FYI. I can't stand that Road Runner bird... (It really does peeve me off.)
    Throughout my childhood cartoon viewing years, I just wanted to see that Road Runner bird flattened just once.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Oh, and Cat, it was kind of unclear but I hope you aren't still dealing with the Festiva anymore...
    It got totalled by a road grader a few years later. I left a vicious baseball sized red paint mark on one of those 8 foot tall tires. I was fine. The road grader did a 540 in our road, which was quite a sight! There were no headlights on this road grader in the pre-dawn. That's my excuse anyway. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Ya ya ya yah... rolling my grubbing hands together with a snickering smirk.

Look out Road Runner, Wyle Coyote has a new Acme toy....

But Does It go BooooMM ????????????????????
    Mystic Crystal Revelations