Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: What really p!sses me off!

Merging is like shuffling a deck of cards to me, I'll go out of my way to let 1 car in, but I will also give the same effort to block that 2nd asshole that can't wait for 1 car. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

[obligatory language warning, It's me.]

Regarding the personified ani (anuses?) who insist on waiting until they have no more lane to travel then expect all of us patient folk to let them in, if I am lucky enough to be right there at the junction, I try my level best not to allow them any room to cut in. If they try to edge a bumper in front of me, I swing around them and just stare at them with a look on my face to convey the thought of "Try something. I want you to try something. Honk your horn, I will personally fuck this whole traffic line up just to stop my car and get out and disconnect your horn, hood latch be damned. Try something. I have all the time in the world. I have insurance, and a damn good attorney. Fucking try something, I will make you hit me and you will have ruined your own day."

So far, nobody has been stupid enough or had the sack to hit me yet.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What really p!sses me off!

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Merging is like shuffling a deck of cards to me..................
    Our Kiwi cousins even have a road sign for it.

zipper-merge-sign.jpg
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    What really p!sses me off!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Our Kiwi cousins even have a road sign for it.

zipper-merge-sign.jpg
    WOW, that really hurts , if you don't get it out of the way.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

You ever miss one step in a procedure, and that ends up causing all sorts of grief? My internet failed recently, and it was clear that the problem was on my side of the connection. I found the instructions on how to fix that almost immediately afterwards, but I missed one step in the procedure, and as such something that should have been fixed in a half hour caused me to have a 1X internet connection through my cell phone for the past week.
    D'oh.
    Oh well, 1X is still faster than dial up.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Re: What really p!sses me off! [obligatory language warning]

When dispatchers refuse to place a supply order because according to SAP the customer hasn't printed 10,000 pages of black yet and shouldn't need a toner so soon, so they open a service call for me to check why they're using so much toner, because getting 9,547 pages from a black toner cartridge rated for 10,000 is apparently a red flag.

What in the actual fuck is being taught in their training classes?
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

This thing had better be nuclear blast resistant.
    Top award goes to Lake Delhi dam reconstruction project design - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings
    The only time I've ever prepared to have my basement flooded was when this piece of crap breached a few years ago.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    This thing had better be nuclear blast resistant.
    Top award goes to Lake Delhi dam reconstruction project design - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings
    The only time I've ever prepared to have my basement flooded was when this piece of crap breached a few years ago.
    Empathise with you on that.
    On average we get heavy rain and local flooding approx. every 5 years or so.
    Then comes the usual big clean up along with smell/pong that goes with it for the next few months.

I'm not doing volunteer work with S.E.S. (State Emergency Service) any more so I'm not evolved in any major cleanup.

Flood water is such a joy...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Ever had a busy day but there is that one customer that demands you drop everything you are doing and

75480757.jpg
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

Here's one that made me thankful the customer was on the other side of the phone and not infront of me (I'd probably be in jail if she was in reach when this happened)

This lady calls about her fax (She can send but not receive) So I'm asking her about the basic setup and configuration. She is being super hostile and clearly doesn't understand everything I'm asking, so I offer to arrange a callout and I'll come set it up for a 1 hour callout fee. She rejects this and tells me that she will send it in as a warranty because the printer is new. So I explain that configuring fax is not covered by warranty, if I test it on my line and it works I will send it back as "No fault found" and she will still be in the same position. She tells me that I make no sense and hands the phone to a man, so I explain to him that it's not a warranty issue. The easiest way (for her) will be to arrange a callout OR I can email her a link to the manual and she can try again to set it up. She seems to accept the latter because he hands the phone back to her so she can give me the email address (I'm pretty sure the manuals are on the disc anyway - but whatever I'll send her a link to the fax setup section - clearly she is not willing to pay for any actual service)

The conversation goes a something like this:

ME: Okay, what is the email address?

Her: MAMKJASDIJAS1231BD1235 AT-

ME: Sorry could you spell that out for me please?

Her: "M" ... "A"... "M"...

ME: Is that an "M" or "N"?

Her: WHAT?! "M"... "A"... "M"...

ME: Yes... That third letter.. Is it "Mike" or "November"?

Her: MMMMMMMM MMMMMM MMMMMMM (she starts humming at me aggressively) LISTEN!!

Me: "mmmmmmm for...?"

Her: "MMMM FOR MONKEY!!"

---------------------------------------------------
    Honestly wanted to tell her to just go RTFM and maybe learn phonetic alphabet while she's at it.