Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: What really p!sses me off!

What RPMO......

Cramped up broken recline seating when flying Eco-class airways...

An I thought the English could talk the leg off an iron chair.
    I've since learnt that Russians can talk non-stop in flight from 1am till 5am in the morning.
    I swear the above Russian dude never took a breath between each sentence for close on 4 hours.

At least I wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep during the flight....

I've been out of the state on working/leasure holiday.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    This thing had better be nuclear blast resistant.
    Top award goes to Lake Delhi dam reconstruction project design - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings
    The only time I've ever prepared to have my basement flooded was when this piece of crap breached a few years ago.
    Have you ever brought something up that really torques you off, but then later see something similar except way worse?

High-altitude photos show turmoil at Oroville Dam, with massive water flows, full lake and broken spillway | The Sacramento Bee
    Last edited by Iowatech; 02-17-2017 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Editing slang from back in the day

Have you ever brought something up that really torques you off, but then later see something similar except way worse?

High-altitude photos show turmoil at Oroville Dam, with massive water flows, full lake and broken spillway | The Sacramento Bee
    No good....

I happened to catch something about the above dam spillway on the back end of our local news.

Not good for those down stream....

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

compulsive administration disorder

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    What really p!sses me off!

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    compulsive administration disorder
    I'm sorry, but you lost me with that post; can you explain, or should I just feel out of the 'loop'?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I'm sorry, but you lost me with that post; can you explain, or should I just feel out of the 'loop'?
    you have loop disorder, basically its when the printer out the back prints differently to the one out the front and must be corrected

More Joy...
    It doesn't rain, it flamin' pours.... [as of 30-3-17]
    The entire east cost of Oz is feeling the back end of a cyclone that passed just west inland of our city.
    The cyclone has turned into a tropical low with wind gusts and heavy rain. The Queensland coast
    is in a total state alert as schools and public services are closed down ready for serious major flooding.

The cyclone is expected to head back out to sea by the weekend,and may regain strength over the Brisbane Sydney area.

Bugger, I was heading down to South East Qld (Brisbane) for a break this weekend.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What really p!sses me off!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    More Joy...
    The entire east cost of Oz is feeling the back end of a cyclone that passed just west inland of our city.
    The cyclone has turned into a tropical low with wind gusts and heavy rain. The Queensland coast
    is in a total state alert as schools and public services are closed down ready for serious major flooding.

The cyclone is expected to head back out to sea by the weekend,and may regain strength over the Brisbane Sydney area.

Bugger, I was heading down to South East Qld (Brisbane) for a break this weekend.
    Following State Government advice the GM pulled the pin and shut up shop and sent us all home at 10am yesterday.Took 2 hours to get home due to large traffic jams as everyone else in Brissie tried to get home early as well.
    Lots of heavy squally rain but wasn't to bad until the winds hit about 8 last night. Had to rescue to sunshade sails that broke loose. Got woken up by the sounds of chainsaws at first light as lots of trees and branches were across the roads.
    I had to do some emergency gardening and remove a large shrub from the driveway before I could get my car out.
    Not much traffic on the road this morning, I think lots of people are having a long weekend to do some clean ups and dry things out.
    Now waiting for the reports of wet copiers to come in. "what do you mean, it's not covered by the service agreement?"
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    More Joy...

I saw that on the weather website that causes computers to crash outside of this part of the periphery. Stay safe!
    (Also, if I didn't say it before or even if I did, sorry about suggesting that computer crashomatic web site.)

Re: Cyclone floods in Queensland Australia.[31-3-17]

Whaaaat a f.f.f.f.f#!@ b.b.big mess to clean up.

Whoever said there is no such thing as global warming, needs to put their head out the window and have a look at the unprecedented floodwater rivers levels around Oz at the moment.... ?

All previous flood water record levels have now been modified in the history books.

There is one heck of a cyclone mess up and down the entire east coast of Qld, in Oz....

Peak Flood water levels will not hit out city location for another 4-5 days. Add to that the incoming ocean tidal flow with the flood water, and you have one big mess to clean up around our city over the coming months.