Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    What really p!sses me off!

Re: What really p!sses me off!

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Nope, I tried that ofcourse before. Same blank page with Firefox 52.9.0. Others I didn't try since I don't use them anyway.

Hans
    Tried what before? And why are you using an out of date version of Firefox? The current version is 61.0.1 (64-bit).

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

is people in CTN that DEMAND firmware or manuals and are not willing to share or pay for it.

"GIVE ME the BHxxxx firmware" NO Fing way

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    is people in CTN that DEMAND firmware or manuals and are not willing to share or pay for it.

"GIVE ME the BHxxxx firmware" NO Fing way
    Such request and those who promise to give it to them or post links to to online share sites are in violation of forum General Rule 5. Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

When Paul was still alive, giving someone firmware was an automatic 2 red cards for violating forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Such request and those who promise to give it to them or post links to to online share sites are in violation of forum General Rule 5. Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

When Paul was still alive, giving someone firmware was an automatic 2 red cards for violating forum rules.
    that's WHY I do believe, we are told to carry such discussions to PM or personal emails.

A LOT of understand the copyright thing also... IN EVERY tech portal there is a DO NOT SHARE INFORMATION outside of the company.

kinda like setting a machine back to 0....

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

that's WHY I do believe, we are told to carry such discussions to PM or personal emails.

A LOT of understand the copyright thing also... IN EVERY tech portal there is a DO NOT SHARE INFORMATION outside of the company.

kinda like setting a machine back to 0....
    Then again you have the opposite effect if temporary contributors are stifled when for asking firmware.
    Some independent Techs on CTN have seen so much back lash from other people when requesting firmware, that they are not sure if they should post a request for firmware.
    I myself don't have factory access to many machines any more, but I can request limited firmware through some local guys.

I'm not fully confident about requesting firmware on CTN...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

ok i know some don't have years in the industry to hone their troubleshooting skills... BUT.... WHY THE HELL CAN'T THEY LEARN TO USE GOOGLE?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Cool Re: What really p!sses me off!

ok i know some don't have years in the industry to hone their troubleshooting skills... BUT.... WHY THE HELL CAN'T THEY LEARN TO USE GOOGLE?
    Thanks for the laugh. By the way, I use Yahoo search engine. Easier to configure so that when I click on a result it opens in a new tab.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

I bought another mobile phone....

Apple iPhone can take their out of warranty update cycle slow-down-wares to the next rubbish bin.
    o Apple iPhone killed a perfectly good working iPhone4 with my first and last "ever" slow-down ware update for iPhone.

Optus Teleco can take their broken intermittent mobile Phone and SMS delivery service to the next customer.
    o Optus cannot block service delivery to someones phone because they are simply out of phone credit. The person sending the message has paid good money for the service transaction to be completed.
    o Some one should inform Optus Telco that SMS messages take milliseconds to arrive at the receivers phone, not days as is the case for some people.

[Pending mobile service complaints...]

Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    I bought another mobile phone....

Apple iPhone can take their out of warranty update cycle slow-down-wares to the next rubbish bin.
    o Apple iPhone killed a perfectly good working iPhone4 with my first and last "ever" slow-down ware update for iPhone.

Optus Teleco can take their broken intermittent mobile Phone and SMS delivery service to the next customer.
    o Optus cannot block service delivery to someones phone because they are simply out of phone credit. The person sending the message has paid good money for the service transaction to be completed.
    o Some one should inform Optus Telco that SMS messages take milliseconds to arrive at the receivers phone, not days as is the case for some people.

[Pending mobile service complaints...]

Apple SUX!!!...I have yet to see an Apple iDevice that has a MicroSD card slot built into it!!! People are dumb enough to get the shit nickle & dimed out of them for what I call "micro upgrades" which is next to no upgrade at all!What really p!sses me off! My company started us out with Samsung Note 4 and not too long ago we got Samsung Note 8 phones. Today I had to download a Konica-minolta parts manual in PDF format via the LTE network...didn't have any problems at all! From personal experience, I'll take a Samsung Android phone ANY day over an iPhone!!!What really p!sses me off!What really p!sses me off!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. By the way, I use Yahoo search engine. Easier to configure so that when I click on a result it opens in a new tab.
    '

google - yahoo- duck/duck.. doesn't really matter ... it's the fact they DON'T THINK OF USING them ... but yet they want to be called 'techs' but the BASIC of troubleshooting is missing.
    Last edited by Phil B.; 08-08-2018 at 07:52 PM.