Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Is it messed up that we have to prove we are american?

I am frantically searching for birth certificates ss cards vehicle titles etc just to be legal. This is just mind blowing to me. Anyone else going through this?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Is it messed up that we have to prove we are american?

You mena that you don't have a driver's license, passport or some other type of government issued identification. Hope you don't want to broad a commercial air flight or get stopped for a moving violation.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Based on where I work a lot, I carry my current drivers license, an old one, my passport, and my passport card.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

It won't be long before we are all fitted with RFID chips.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharptech1 View Post
    I am frantically searching for birth certificates ss cards vehicle titles etc just to be legal. This is just mind blowing to me. Anyone else going through this?
    Curious who is asking you for proof of citizenship ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Re: Is it messed up that we have to prove we are american? [No language warning]

Just start spouting off about your rights as a citizen and about government tyranny, mention the word "freedom" specifically a few times throughout, and they won't doubt for a second you're an American. If it's a restricted area I would advise against railing about the Second Amendment, just for safety's sake.

Hell, yeah.

'MERICA!!! Where we have to prove we have health insurance or we have to pay a fine for not having it, but we don't have to prove we are legal citizens in order to get health insurance to avoid paying the fine (sorry, "tax"... whatever).
    The most Buck-Fass-Ackward legalistic bullshot is considered gospel by oh, so many.

It'll get better soon.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

There are over 300 million people in the US, probably many more if you are not counting illegals. I'm 100% Ok with having to prove who I am. Whether it's voting, buying a handgun, borrowing a book from the local library, or registering a vehicle, I'm fine with having to prove that I'm who I say I am. There are certainly a lot of bad folks out there who would prefer not to identify themselves for many activities. We are still a free nation, and can work where we choose, travel freely within outr nations boundaries, speak out about what we feel is wrong, and vote who we think is the correct person in for the job. There shouldn't be anyone driving without an license, buying a gun without some form of ID or background check, or casting a vote without being a citizen. Many of the privileges and rights we have as "Americans" come with the same high level of responsibilities. You can't have one without the other. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharptech1 View Post
    Not me. I can't even remember the last time I was an illegal alien.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Is it messed up that we have to prove we are american? [No language warning]

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post

{random snip}

It'll get better soon.
    ..... As a suggestion.
    If your not suffering from Tech anxiety then you may like to buy yourself a microcluster water machine. The machine can assist if you're suffering toxic body syndrome or bad gut bacteria. You may like to reduce your red meat intake which can help reduce toxic gut bacteria reactions. (You still need iron & protein)

Try removing canola oil out of your diet, ie. margarine, cooking oil, fast-food etc.
    Some bad stomach bacterium luv canola oil and their bi-product toxin leaves your
    body water toxic and makes you feel really crappy and heavy all day. Micro cluster water can flush your body water/cells of toxins.

Random net search wwww.water80.com/water80/en-us/index.htm

Water80: Ionized Microcluster Alkaline Water

Anyway we're digressing..... again...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Eh, I may have a DD2 that doesn't expire for another seven years (stupid gray area), so I should be OK.
    But I probably did have to search for my copy of the records jacket recently, which was pretty frustrating as I had moved and everything got changed around. I probaby haven't found the full version yet, but the two other copies I likely found so far were complete enough for the task at hand.