Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Konica card readers

Wondering if any of you have experience with the card authentication readers. We are having issues trying to get one to work on a bizhub 283.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts pajeroid's Avatar

Re: Konica card readers

On the older models you had to install the 'Loadable Driver' for the Card Reader. Have you done anything like this? You do it through 'Service Mode --> System 1 or 2 --> Install Driver'. The card reader would light up when the correct driver was installed.

This was a machine I sold to the military and my service manager and IT guy could never get it to work at the shop/ I think we are going to try again.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts pajeroid's Avatar

Found this page - it may point you in the right direction. You download the driver from Konica CSES.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/43...0.html?page=36

Finding the correct driver for some of the 3rd party readers is a pain are you using the AU from KM?

I only use the omnikey 5125.

The card authentication and the card type needs to the specified under billing settings.
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Just a thought....The LDD needs to reside somewhere, and the 283 did not come with a HDD standard. Any chance you don't have one installed on this device and that is where the problem lies? There is a solid state drive (read USB) that acts as a HDD for fax storage but this is disabled when the HDD is installed. The only reason I mention this is we almost always have issues with devices w/o HDDs whenever we try to hook something up. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Konica card readers

I was tossed into this situation once only. The standard manufacturer provided cards worked fine, but of course, the customer doesn't want to use those. They want to use their company generated IDs. They gave me four samples to experiment with.

I set it up with the manufacturer cards, no problem. Of the four others, one worked every time. One worked occasionally (1 of 10 tries). The remaining two never worked at all, ever. I have no idea what was different about the various cards. In the end, the deal died because of the card reader.

This was just another one of those cases where it would have been really nice if we knew it was going to work at the very beginning. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Just a thought....The LDD needs to reside somewhere, and the 283 did not come with a HDD standard. Any chance you don't have one installed on this device and that is where the problem lies? There is a solid state drive (read USB) that acts as a HDD for fax storage but this is disabled when the HDD is installed. The only reason I mention this is we almost always have issues with devices w/o HDDs whenever we try to hook something up. Emujo

This issue came up about 18 months ago when I sold this machine to the air force. Our best IT guy and the service manager were trying to install the card reader. From what Adam told me today, the firmware would crash or lock up the machine. He followed the instructions to the letter, and he is very good. That was about the time the service manager died. The issue fell by the side. I had put a Ricoh out instead. They hate the Ricoh and want the Bizhub back. I will try to set it up. The manager says it won't work and will not invest any more time in it. I get a few hours to play with it and hope for the best. I believe we put an hdd in it at the time. maybe it was corrupt firmware.