Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: So How Has Your Day Gone...?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Take care of your back fellas, a collapsed disk could ruin your life.
    We lost a tech earlier this year with permanent spinal damage, he's just 40 and will never work again. He was moving a large copier when a caster jammed and the copier twisted sideways and he's back didn't.
    Two operations later and he is still in a lot of pain. He can't sit, stand or walk and can only lie down. He got a pay out from the workers compensation scheme which wasn't much but fortunately had salary protection insurance as well.
    He's not going to starve to death but will spend the rest of his life lying down watching TV all day and every day.

The back can be the worst pain ever when it goes. I should be more cautious with mine. When I was younger and worked in the steel forge plant, the die pots weighed 500 lbs. I can remember sometimes when they would fall off tables we moved them on, I was young and cocky and would dead lift them off the floor and onto the carts. Never had back issues. About 4 months after I left, one day I bent over and picked up a 4 lb cat. When I stood up I could feel the back muscles slowly start to bind up. I was in agony for four days.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    The back can be the worst pain ever when it goes. I should be more cautious with mine. When I was younger and worked in the steel forge plant, the die pots weighed 500 lbs. I can remember sometimes when they would fall off tables we moved them on, I was young and cocky and would dead lift them off the floor and onto the carts. Never had back issues. About 4 months after I left, one day I bent over and picked up a 4 lb cat. When I stood up I could feel the back muscles slowly start to bind up. I was in agony for four days.
    Ages ago I pinched a nerve in my back lifting something. I laid down for a spell to recover and then the pain set in. I couldn't straighten my back or walk up right. I would walk fuddle like an oldman to the car bent over with one hand on my left knee as a crutch against the pain. Very very excruciatingly painful. I still have niggling pains now and again and get on my tense machine for about twenty minutes.

Most of my "niggling" back pain come from bad gut bateria in my lower bowel, the bacteria toxin posions the body water in the kidneys and lower back muscle region. A quick does of herbal remedy an onto the Tense machine an we're usually good to go within 24 hrs. Repeat every six months if neccessary.

The joys of healthy living in a military training zone with troops from around the world coming to our city for war games every 6 months.

I just wish the troops would take everything home that they came with an leave nothing behind. We don't want the problems here.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 12-09-2016 at 01:18 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    So How Has Your Day Gone...?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Don't know if this counts too but I am more and more suffering from very severe lower back pain caused by a lumbar facet syndrome. This is going on since at least 1.5 year now but it reached yesterday a point that I had to ask the customer to get me a chair while I was in front of his MFP. Could not stand on my feet. Was not able to fix his LCC too cause I could not kneel down anymore. Still waiting another 10 days to hear from the doctor if an operation could help me, if at all......

Hans
    I didn't know it was that bad. Sorry Hans. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

For lower or upper back pain, try an inversion exercise machine (with a doctor's approval). This will help relieve any pressure you might have with a compressed disk.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Most of my "niggling" back pain come from bad gut bateria in my lower bowel, the bacteria toxin posions the body water in the kidneys and lower back muscle region. A quick does of herbal remedy an onto the Tense machine an we're usually good to go within 24 hrs. Repeat every six months if neccessary.
    Hate to tell you this, but all that might just be something that happens as you get older. At least if you're talking about bacteria anyway. If you actually meant "bateria", I am a dumbass and I will go away.
    Still, I like a lot of different types of food, but anymore my digestive system will just go "Oh, yeah? Take this!" every once in a while if I eat something that disagrees with it. Nothing to do but race to the throne when that happens. So while gut bacteria is pretty important, it isn't a cure all.
    I guess food may be different there than it is out here on the periphery, so there's that. Sorry.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

After 32 years in the biz, lost my own business, my health, my contacts and my ability to work on anything else but networking, verbal troubleshooting and rebuilding fuser units.
    I would give anything to be able to hit the field again.
    Getting heart pacemaker next Friday.
    We all have a very stressful job.
    Driving to accounts while dealing with $hitty drivers.
    Dealing with people that have nothing better than giving us a hard time.
    Repairing and maintaining equipment that is a miniature processing plant.
    Keeping up with tech that changes monthly.
    And most of all....dealing with bean counters that justify their paychecks, but won't pay a good tech their worth.
    Last of all, salespeople that lie about what the equipment can do or can't do to make a sale.

I wouldn't trade it for any other career.
    Anything else would be totally boring.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I got a story that'll make you all jealous as hell.

I had some serious back problems in my early 20's. About once a month, it would hit me and I'd barely be able to stand until I rested for a few days.

At 25, I was working on my gutters on my 3-story house and I fell off the ladder (the gutters were at my chest--so maybe 30 feet up?). I'll never forget how many things went through my head as I sailed down. I hit the ground and rolled around for a while in pain, but eventually got up and was fine.

I haven't had a serious back pain since.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I got a story that'll make you all jealous as hell.

I had some serious back problems in my early 20's. About once a month, it would hit me and I'd barely be able to stand until I rested for a few days.

At 25, I was working on my gutters on my 3-story house and I fell off the ladder (the gutters were at my chest--so maybe 30 feet up?). I'll never forget how many things went through my head as I sailed down. I hit the ground and rolled around for a while in pain, but eventually got up and was fine.

I haven't had a serious back pain since.
    Sounds like something that happened to my father a couple years ago.

He had been suffering from back pain, gradually worsening with time, to the point where he was damn near crippled. Then one day during the deer hunting season he decides he's feeling well enough to go hunt. He climbs up into the stand he had used for years and starts his vigil when the stand collapses and he falls about 20ft to the ground. Yes, he should have used a harness. He did not suffer any serious injury and curiously he hasn't had any issues with his back pain since.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    For lower or upper back pain, try an inversion exercise machine (with a doctor's approval). This will help relieve any pressure you might have with a compressed disk.
    YEP!....an Inversion Table DOES WORK!!!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

I feel for you guys, I really do...
    I will only occasionally have to deal with a sore knee or ankle, both on same leg, likely caused by my gait and habit of carrying toolbag instead of loading it on the cart with the rest of the toner and parts I'm taking to a call.

Right now the most uncomfortable thing I have to deal with is figuring out the right mixture of essential oils to blend so that when it dries I don't have a beard that smells like vomit. Because right now I have a beard that smells like vomit. The balm I typically use (instead of the oil blend) has a pleasant scent for hours after application but last night I decided to try the oil again and it still has the same problem it did before.

So I've got researching to do.

"Bleah!"
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!