Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The ads on CTN are getting out of control

Re: The ads on CTN are getting out of control

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Too late to get the popcorn, but I'm enjoying this regardless.
    lol

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    lol
    There have been several good back and forth 'opinions' here on CTN. As long as everything is civil, it's quite good entertainment. I remember (I can't remember his user name) a member that had large ink tanks, that would bring his cost per copy to almost nothing-not sure if he is still around. (Is it abba1?)
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

There have been several good back and forth 'opinions' here on CTN. As long as everything is civil, it's quite good entertainment. I remember (I can't remember his user name) a member that had large ink tanks, that would bring his cost per copy to almost nothing-not sure if he is still around. (Is it abba1?)
    Seem to remember something like that. He had large tanks and did his own refills to drop the cost of using his printers from (just to use numbers) two cents a page to less than .002 per page. Really out of this world savings according to his calculations. Said he used syringes to fill the old ink cartridges. Or was it eye droppers? Fun to read never joined in on that one.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Pull up a chair I suspect it ain't over yet.
    No, no. It's done.

It's a dumb thing to argue over.

I know people who get almost OCD about their computers, performing futile tasks (like emptying a cloud based spam folder) over and over again because they're scared of being 'discovered'.

But on the other hand, if you don't know a whole lot about computers, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. I have friends who ask me to come over and fix their computer, which is just chock-full of viruses. When I question them, I find they've left themselves open to all sorts of attacks, and then I'm just as quick to criticize that.

I'm too cynical in general.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    No, no. It's done.

It's a dumb thing to argue over.

I know people who get almost OCD about their computers, performing futile tasks (like emptying a cloud based spam folder) over and over again because they're scared of being 'discovered'.

But on the other hand, if you don't know a whole lot about computers, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. I have friends who ask me to come over and fix their computer, which is just chock-full of viruses. When I question them, I find they've left themselves open to all sorts of attacks, and then I'm just as quick to criticize that.

I'm too cynical in general.
    The reason I do check the spam folders is occasionally there have been work related e-mails sent there by the gmail when our company sent out notices to all employees they had assigned gmail addresses to. Or in the case of a games site like Pogo their e-mails are routinely routed to spam because of the large numbers of recipients. Almost missed claiming an actual cash prize when that happened. Paypa/ebayl e-mails are also routinely listed as spam by yahoo and even At&T. Oh yeah right checking to see if something has been sent to the wrong box according to you, the great coder and fountain of all computer knowledge, is an OCD compulsion.

Plus as a a bit of information when my employer required use of a blackberry or later a Motorola smart phone those spam e-mails were part of the data limits. If you left spam without deleting it under the very old admittedly rules that was part of your monthly data allowance.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

start at 1:15
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I remember (I can't remember his user name) a member that had large ink tanks, that would bring his cost per copy to almost nothing-not sure if he is still around. (Is it abba1?)
    Was that the useless nitwit that called everyone on CTN some rude names and asked how to delete their CTN account? According to my ignore list that was abb1.
    Heh, that was pretty good. JustManuals was in fine form then, its a shame he's not around anymore.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Was that the useless nitwit that called everyone on CTN some rude names and asked how to delete their CTN account? According to my ignore list that was abb1.
    Heh, that was pretty good. JustManuals was in fine form then, its a shame he's not around anymore.
    I think it was aab1. I remember because it took several tries for him to sign up properly. So many tries that he gave up entirely on a recognizable username and just started typing characters randomly, ending up with aab1. And we all know how difficult it is to sign up for Copytechnet. A couple of hundred bots successfully sign up everyday with no intelligence whatsoever. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=