Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

A new study suggests fake news might have won Donald Trump the 2016 election
    President Trump has said repeatedly that Russian interference didn't matter in the 2016 presidential campaign, and he has suggested — wrongly — that the intelligence and law enforcement communities have said the same. His overriding fear seems to be that Russian interference and the “fake news” it promoted would undermine the legitimacy of his election win.

Trump won't like this new study one bit.

The study from researchers at Ohio State University finds that fake news probably played a significant role in depressing Hillary Clinton's support on Election Day. The study, which has not been peer-reviewed but which may be the first look at how fake news affected voter choices, suggests that about 4 percent of President Barack Obama's 2012 supporters were dissuaded from voting for Clinton in 2016 by belief in fake news stories.

Richard Gunther, Paul A. Beck and Erik C. Nisbet, the study's authors, inserted three popular fake news stories from the 2016 campaign into a 281-question YouGov survey given to a sample that included 585 Obama supporters — 23 percent of whom didn't vote for Clinton, either by abstaining or picking another candidate (10 percent voted Trump, which is in line with other estimates).

Here are the false stories, along with the percentages of Obama supporters who believed they were at least “probably” true (in parenthesis):

Clinton was in “very poor health due to a serious illness” (12 percent)
    Pope Francis endorsed Trump (8 percent)
    Clinton approved weapons sales to Islamic jihadists, “including ISIS” (20 percent)
    Overall about one-quarter of 2012 Obama voters believed at least one of these stories, and of that group 45 percent voted for Clinton. Of those who believed none of the fake news stories, 89 percent voted for Clinton.

Technician

still a better option than Hillary

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

The first President that I can remember was Nixon. Then Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama and now Trump.

I always thought that the end of Bush Jr 2nd term was the worst President I ever lived with. Trump is such a bad President, I truly hope the Democrats win the mid term elections and impeach his rotten ass. I would be happy to take my chances with Mike Pence as President.

Trump's style as "disrupter in chief" is not making the country great. It seems like so much turmoil every day.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The first President that I can remember was Nixon. Then Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama and now Trump.

I always thought that the end of Bush Jr 2nd term was the worst President I ever lived with. Trump is such a bad President, I truly hope the Democrats win the mid term elections and impeach his rotten ass. I would be happy to take my chances with Mike Pence as President.

Trump's style as "disrupter in chief" is not making the country great. It seems like so much turmoil every day.
    That would be suicide for the Democrat Party to try this stage of the game. Remember, the Republican House actually impeached in 1998, it only requires a simple majority and Clinton had actually committed a crime while in office. Clinton was not convicted. In order to convict requires 67 Senators. Should they fail, you will see an on going procession of Federal indictment the Clintons and their cronies, a number of members of the Obama administration and possibly Obama himself.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    That would be suicide for the Democrat Party to try this stage of the game. Remember, the Republican House actually impeached in 1998, it only requires a simple majority and Clinton had actually committed a crime while in office. Clinton was not convicted. In order to convict requires 67 Senators. Should they fail, you will see an on going procession of Federal indictment the Clintons and their cronies, a number of members of the Obama administration and possibly Obama himself.

HA HA HA NUTS Back to Obama and Clintons that's all you got.
    Last edited by bsm2; 04-04-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I posted a few threads back about my concern what effect the Trump steel tariffs are going to have on the copier industry. A big % of all copiers are manufactured in China. At the end, I kind of wished the issue away because most copiers these days up to 50 cpm use far less metal than they use to.

Unfortunately, I completely forgot about production copiers that use a lot of metal. I bet you over the summer you will start to see copier prices rise in the USA.

Maybe soon when you take your dead copiers to the junkyard for recycling you will get a few more bucks for it.
    We now have confirmation that if the Trump's trade war with China escalates into reality, all printers (copiers?) will be subject to tariffs.

"The US has threatened to levy import taxes on more than 1,300 Chinese products, including TVs, dishwashers and printers. "

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/05/news/trump-tariff-china-trade-war/index.html

For all of those Trump supporters on this forum, sprinkle that completely unnecessary increased cost on your corn flakes in a few months.

Whatever you think you saved on the Trump tax plan he just took away with higher costs.

President Trump has instructed the United States Trade Representative to consider $100 billion of additional tariffs on China, "in light of China's unfair retaliation."

President Trump claims his tariffs will protect American jobs, but so far the only concrete result appears to be fewer markets and higher costs for farmers and ranchers. California agriculture sends more than $2 billion in exports to China, which are now subject to a 15 percent tariff by the Chinese government in response to the president’s actions. I’m am concerned that the voices of our farmers are not being heard by the administration. Hardworking farmers in California and throughout the United States deserve better than to be pawns in a global trade war.

CAN WE VOTE NOW

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Imagine that--American manufacturers are going to have an advantage over Chinese manufacturers when it comes to American consumers.

Huh...

Could this mean...JOBS??

It's not what he promised all throughout the entire campaign or anything.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

oh wait... he did promise this.

For once, we got someone in Washington keeping his promise, and people just don't know how to handle it.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Imagine that--American manufacturers are going to have an advantage over Chinese manufacturers when it comes to American consumers.

Huh...

Could this mean...JOBS??

It's not what he promised all throughout the entire campaign or anything.
    When it is more expensive to export products you don't create jobs, you lose jobs.
    When a "leader" isolates his/her country from the rest of the world all he/she creates is poverty within his/her country.