Page 19 of 654 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119519 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Ok. You are definitely a climate change denier.

Enjoy your unusually hot, dangerously hot summer this year and the next year and the year after that.

As it gets hotter and hotter people consume more electricity for cooling. Increased energy consumption causes increased C02 emissions which increases global warming.
    Please see my current signature line. That is all.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Hi All

Just consider these two points....
    1) 1975 Newsweek: The Coming Ice Age | Sweetness & Light Yes Newsweek predicted a coming ice age.

2) We have been recording/keeping somewhat (how accurate were the thermometers and placement) ) temperature reading only for about 150 years.....A blink of the eye when it comes to earths weather .

3) NASA has reported Mars has seen a temp increase...Last time I checked Mars does not burn fossil fuels...

Cheers..
    I knew someone would find a source for the "new ice age" There were pictures of improperly placed weather stations that made the rounds. I remember one in particular that was near an central air-conditioning unit exhaust. And others that had the stations on the edge of parking lots.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Anyone who gets all their news from either a right wing or left wing source is seriously limiting their knowledge base. You will only get one side, and all too often a twisted and biased side. I know it is difficult to read a differing opinion, but it is the only way to get a complete view. When I find myself thinking I know everything about everything, I keep myself humble with this motto. "Just because I believe something it doesn't mean it is true". With climate change, I believe the earth is warming, whether it is being caused by us (even a little) I don't know. If I exclusively read right wing stuff I am told it is a hoax. If I read left wing stuff I am told to to move to higher ground. They can't both be right, so the truth is likely somewhere in the middle. Sorry Conservatards and Libtards, it is time to open your minds
    Last edited by copier addict; 03-31-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Ok. You are definitely a climate change denier.

Enjoy your unusually hot, dangerously hot summer this year and the next year and the year after that.

As it gets hotter and hotter people consume more electricity for cooling. Increased energy consumption causes increased C02 emissions which increases global warming.
    Huh, guess that makes you a poor salesperson, as you couldn't even sell me on that. That's a shame too, as I treasure good salespeople.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

According to the Iowa Dept of Natural Resources, Iowa is already experiencing climate change.

How is Climate Change Affecting Iowa?

Iowa is already experiencing the effects of climate change. The Iowa Climate Change Impacts Committee's Report to the Governor and the Iowa General Assembly highlights the effects listed below. The Committee was established in 2009 by Iowa Code section 473.7 and was tasked with reviewing climate change impacts and policies for Iowa. The Committee is no longer active. EPA also identifies climate changes specific to the Midwest.
    Increased Precipitation

• Increased frequency of precipitation extremes that lead to flooding.
    • Increase of 8 percent more precipitation from 1873 to 2008.
    • A larger increase in precipitation in eastern Iowa than in western Iowa.

Higher Temperatures

• Long-term winter temperatures have increased six times more than summer temperatures.
    • Nighttime temperatures have increased more than daytime temperatures since 1970.
    • Iowa’s humidity has risen substantially, especially in summer, which now has 13 percent more atmospheric moisture than 35 years ago as indicated by a 3 - 5 degree F rise in dew-point temperature. This fuels convective thunderstorms that provide more summer precipitation.

Agricultural Challenges

• Climate extremes, not averages, have the greater impact on crop and livestock productivity.
    • Increased soil erosion and water runoff.
    • Increased challenges associated with manure applications.
    • Favorable conditions for survival and spread of many unwanted pests and pathogens.

Habitat Changes

• Plants are leafing out and flowering sooner.
    • Birds are arriving earlier in the spring.
    • Particular animals are now being sighted farther north than in the past.

Public Health Effects

• Increases in heart and lung programs from increasing air pollutants of ozone and fine particles enhanced by higher temperatures.
    • Increases in infectious diseases transmitted by insects that require a warmer, wetter climate.
    • An increase prevalence of asthma and allergies.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Conservation/Climate-Change

August 2016 was the hottest August since record keeping began in 1880, according to NASA scientists. At the rate we're going now, experts say 2016 will beat 2015 for the title of warmest year ever.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/2016/10/05/climate-change-brings-more-extreme-weather-iowa-scientists-say/91605242/

Key Points

• Temperature increase in the Midwest has accelerated in recent decades, particularly nighttime and winter temperatures.
    • This region will likely experience warmer and wetter winters, springs with heavy precipitation, and hotter summers with longer dry periods.
    • Risks to human health are expected to rise with warmer temperatures, reduced air quality, and increased allergens.
    • There may be higher yields of important agricultural crops for a limited period of time. However, over time, increasingly warmer temperatures and other stressors are expected to decrease yields.

https://www.epa.gov/climate-impacts/climate-impacts-midwest
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 03-31-2017 at 03:37 AM.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Save your breath SSG, the deniers will just throw you under the bus with there own web sites that show otherwise; but are not necessarily factual either.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

According to the Iowa Dept of Natural Resources, Iowa is already experiencing climate change.

How is Climate Change Affecting Iowa?

Iowa is already experiencing the effects of climate change. The Iowa Climate Change Impacts Committee's Report to the Governor and the Iowa General Assembly highlights the effects listed below. The Committee was established in 2009 by Iowa Code section 473.7 and was tasked with reviewing climate change impacts and policies for Iowa. The Committee is no longer active. EPA also identifies climate changes specific to the Midwest.
    Increased Precipitation

• Increased frequency of precipitation extremes that lead to flooding.
    • Increase of 8 percent more precipitation from 1873 to 2008.
    • A larger increase in precipitation in eastern Iowa than in western Iowa.

Higher Temperatures

• Long-term winter temperatures have increased six times more than summer temperatures.
    • Nighttime temperatures have increased more than daytime temperatures since 1970.
    • Iowa’s humidity has risen substantially, especially in summer, which now has 13 percent more atmospheric moisture than 35 years ago as indicated by a 3 - 5 degree F rise in dew-point temperature. This fuels convective thunderstorms that provide more summer precipitation.

Agricultural Challenges

• Climate extremes, not averages, have the greater impact on crop and livestock productivity.
    • Increased soil erosion and water runoff.
    • Increased challenges associated with manure applications.
    • Favorable conditions for survival and spread of many unwanted pests and pathogens.

Habitat Changes

• Plants are leafing out and flowering sooner.
    • Birds are arriving earlier in the spring.
    • Particular animals are now being sighted farther north than in the past.

Public Health Effects

• Increases in heart and lung programs from increasing air pollutants of ozone and fine particles enhanced by higher temperatures.
    • Increases in infectious diseases transmitted by insects that require a warmer, wetter climate.
    • An increase prevalence of asthma and allergies.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Conservation/Climate-Change

August 2016 was the hottest August since record keeping began in 1880, according to NASA scientists. At the rate we're going now, experts say 2016 will beat 2015 for the title of warmest year ever.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/2016/10/05/climate-change-brings-more-extreme-weather-iowa-scientists-say/91605242/

Key Points

• Temperature increase in the Midwest has accelerated in recent decades, particularly nighttime and winter temperatures.
    • This region will likely experience warmer and wetter winters, springs with heavy precipitation, and hotter summers with longer dry periods.
    • Risks to human health are expected to rise with warmer temperatures, reduced air quality, and increased allergens.
    • There may be higher yields of important agricultural crops for a limited period of time. However, over time, increasingly warmer temperatures and other stressors are expected to decrease yields.

https://www.epa.gov/climate-impacts/climate-impacts-midwest
    Meh, I can drive for fifteen minutes in almost any direction from here and see the results of a shallow tropical ocean and glaciers, we're good here. Those glaciers should have passed through your area first though, whats up with that?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Weather channel founder John Coleman on man made global warming:

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

The point of our discussion about Climate change was to change the topic away from the destructive conversations thread participants were having approx four days ago over President Trump's claims of wire-tapping.

I am much more concerned about what will happen if Congress is not able to pass a bill to continue to fund the US gov't on April 28th and the serious internal fracturing of the Republican Congress by members of the Freedom House Caucus. Something even I agree with President Trump on.

Trump threatens Freedom Caucus and Democrats on Twitter

I still have not forgiven the Republican party for willingly shutting down the Gov't the last time. This caused permanent harm to the USA's credit rating and cost billions of dollars in extra interest charges against the towering US debt, now at 77% of US GDP.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I think it would be absolutely great for the US gov to shut down. It's always good when the gov shuts down.