Page 21 of 655 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121521 ... LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

If you are overly concerned about your browsing history, you could try using an anonymizer service.

Anonymouse.org

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you are overly concerned about your browsing history, you could try using an anonymizer service.

Anonymouse.org
    Tor might help.

You apparently can get it from here, too:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tor...urce=directory

But you probably should check this out first:

https://blog.torproject.org/

I use Tor maybe once or twice a year, it's based on the Firefox browser.
    Oh, one other thing - Sourceforge is a good place to look for open source software (a little like github), but there is some weird stuff there, too. So be careful if you choose to explore there.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 04-03-2017 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Open source sources warning.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Anonymouse.org
    Have you used this service...if yes , can you share your experience?

Thanks Much

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Have you used this service...if yes , can you share your experience?

Thanks Much
    At the time I tried it, I was still in the Army Reserves. Military websites blocked it.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The new internet privacy laws that were approved at the end of the Obama administration and cancelled by President Trump's new Executive Order of this week, had not yet come into enforcement. Therefore, nothing has really changed here.

ISP's and other large corporations are free to data mine your internet browsing history for the purposes of marketing and profit.

The one thing you need to know about your internet privacy in the Trump era is to lower your expectations.
    Didn't the UK's snooper charter allow for that a while ago?
    Sorry for my bad English.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Anonymouse.org
    You need to pay for a vpn and they range from about 4$ a month upward, free ones aint worth bothering with.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Tor might help.
    Tor is slow but still a good privacy tool
    We will never be able to de-anonymize all Tor users all the time’ but ‘with manual analysis we can de-anonymize a very small fraction of Tor users

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Didn't the UK's snooper charter allow for that a while ago?
    Sorry for my bad English.
    No The UK snooper charter requires
    The new surveillance law requires web and phone companies to store everyone’s web browsing histories for 12 months and give the police, security services and official agencies unprecedented access to the data.
    I use a VPN so my history is useless.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    You need to pay for a vpn and they range from about 4$ a month upward, free ones aint worth bothering with.

Tor is slow but still a good privacy tool

No The UK snooper charter requires

I use a VPN so my history is useless.
    Thanks for clearing that up. It's one of the stupid things about being here, ever since drama has been shown to sell, overly dramatic stuff makes up a good deal of the news out here on the periphery. At least this part, anyway. And that makes it hard to see what's going on everywhere else.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Very shameful of the White House to blame today's chemical attack on the Syrian people on the Obama administration!

The White House claims that the Obama administration declared "a red line in the sand' if the Assad gov't crossed it with chemical weapons and then did nothing when Syrian President Assad crossed that line. The White House forgot to mention that Obama immediately began negotiating with world leaders and Russia immediately stepped in and prevented further attacks. I know Russia is no friend of the USA but the chemical attacks did stop and no US lives were lost and no treasure was spent.

USA Secretary of State Rex Tillerson recently publicly stated that the Syrian people would have to determine their own fate (implying that the USA would not get involved). This emboldened the Assad regime to strike back at its citizens as it felt no direct consequences of the last attack.

This sends a stark and disheartening message. If the USA is going to allow this kind of devastating violence on unarmed civilians to go forward, what has happened to the humanity that America is meant to uphold? What has happened to America's moral high ground?

The White House should act like the most powerful nation on earth and take charge of the situation rather than try to pass the blame onto the past administration.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 04-05-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The White House should act like the most powerful nation on earth and take charge of the situation rather than try to pass the blame onto the past administration.
    Why?
    Besides, you are kind of sounding more like Russian interference, if that isn't the case you might want to tone it down a bit.
    Heh.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 04-05-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

No!!! It is a banned chemical weapons attack on an innocent civilian population. This is a war crime!

If President Trump truly has any balls, he should announce on 48 hours notice a cruise missile attack on Bashar Assad's palace completely destroying it!

48 hours is plenty of time to assemble the forces and evacuate the palace.

The White House just criticized the Obama administration for doing nothing. It is time for Donald Trump to lead and not just talk. If the White House does nothing they can't blame Obama any more.