Page 31 of 653 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131531 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Very confused with the pro abortion folks ,Margaret Sanger and feminists , ......Women keep talking about how powerful they are and independent - SO why do they let males decide whether or not they get pregnant - you give them that power - WHY are you doing this ?...its your bodies be responsible...

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Seriously???? if you are referring to this"We do not want word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population"

If you read the whole conversation you will realise she wanted to make sure she explained herself before the people were misinformed about the intention of birth control.
    This is what happens when people take specific lines out a full statement. I could pick specific lines out of one of Gandhi's speeches and make him a racist too. Don't fall for it! Read, learn for yourself. Don't let people tell you what to believe!!!
    Apparently you are selective in what you read. If YOU had read the what I had typed and the entire article would realize that it contained numerous references to Hitler liking Margaret Sanger's thoughts and ideas on eugenics. I posted it to show that you were right in that Sanger was not a fan of Hitler but that Hitler was actually a fan of Sanger or at least of some of her ideas.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Apparently you are selective in what you read. If YOU had read the what I had typed and the entire article would realize that it contained numerous references to Hitler liking Margaret Sanger's thoughts and ideas on eugenics. I posted it to show that you were right in that Sanger was not a fan of Hitler but that Hitler was actually a fan of Sanger or at least of some of her ideas.
    I understand that, but whether Hitler liked certain things about Sanger really has no bearing on whether Sanger was a racist. I can't control whether people like or dislike me or my ideas and neither could Sanger. I also can't control if someone takes an idea of mine and twists it to fit their own agenda.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Here is the quote in context. It sounds pretty racist to me. Apparently, she was more interested in being in the "negro project" than in anything else.

It's good to know that you are recovering. I also am stepping up and have felt much better the past week

Miss Delp was here for Thanksgiving and I am more than delighted to learn that she was able to get $250.00 from the California Birth Control organization plus the $600.00 from the Federation. That's good; she is a go-getter and a live wire, very tactful and charming as well. I think that my pick of her has been justified, even though she is a little higher priced than the ordinary. She has been working on the article to be written by Miriam de Ford (Mrs. Maynard Shipley). They were good enough to send me a rough draft for comments and suggestions, and the important suggestion that I made was not to include Miss Delp's actual name in the article, because of the fact that her sister is married to one of the high spots in the Farm Security Department and if the enemy started to work on her name they might make it difficult along the line; otherwise I think the article is good

As to my sending suggestions to the Federation: I think it is really unfair for me to do so. I am too far away to have the personal contact of the different reactions and it only holds up any definite project to have the pros and cons battered about which makes for more chaos and confusion

There is only one thing that I would like to be in touch with and that is the Negro Project of the South which, if the execution of the details remain in Miss Rose's hands, my suggestions will not be confusing because she knows the way my mind works

Miss Rose sent me a copy of your letter of December 5th and I note that you doubt it worthwhile to employ a full time Negro physician. It seems to me from my experience where I have been in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas, that while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table which means their ignorance, superstitions and doubts. They do not do this with the white people and if we can train the Negro doctor at the Clinic he can go among them with enthusiasm and with knowledge, which, I believe, will have far-reaching results among the colored people. His work in my opinion should be entirely with the Negro profession and the nurses, hospital, social workers, as well as the County's white doctors. His success will depend upon his personality and his training by us

The ministers work is also important and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members

I agree with you that Miss Rose has done a remarkable job in thinking thru and planning the Project but she has worked on it for sometime. As soon as I knew there was the possibility of getting any money I put her at work drafting the plan for Mr. Lackner. She is excellent at just such a job. She hangs on to details, weaves and corrulates them into the design. I shall never cease to have the utmost admiration and regard for her ability, and so far I have not seen anyone in the Federation who could take her place

I am constantly delighted at the thought that you are getting better and now we must pray for Mrs. Timme who is seriously ill at the Doctors' Hospital in New York

My regards to your Sarah and to yourself

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Very confused with the pro abortion folks ,Margaret Sanger and feminists , ......Women keep talking about how powerful they are and independent - SO why do they let males decide whether or not they get pregnant - you give them that power - WHY are you doing this ?...its your bodies be responsible...
    I understand your point of view, but women are not (as yet) hermaphrodites or fish life forms that can change to the opposite sex at will.

Women have the power of the contraception "Pill". Women have the choice to go on or off the "Pill" at any time, with or without a mans consent. Many males have been tricked by women and become pregnant without asking their male counterparts approval. Those same males have been stifled into a life commitment relationship due to the underhand tactics of some women.

Granted --"It takes two to tango". The male also has a choice not to partake of the women's advances,or to partake in procreation with his own contraception.

Every single person wants to own and rule the world in some form. Every person should start with their own micro-cosmos (person) and learn self-mastership before they begin ruling everybody else outside their own. If those people had any ounce of self mastership they would not need to rule others in an attempt to find that which makes them happy. There is no "lasting" happiness that can be found outside the self, for it comes from within not from without. If sadness and anger is inside such a person, then only sadness and anger will be propagated outside the self to everyone else. When sadness and anger is normalised world wide in every person --we will have world war.

Thank the media for propagating and normalising hate and violence world wide. Thank the media for educating new extremists and hate groups with god felt martyrdom.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I understand that, but whether Hitler liked certain things about Sanger really has no bearing on whether Sanger was a racist. I can't control whether people like or dislike me or my ideas and neither could Sanger. I also can't control if someone takes an idea of mine and twists it to fit their own agenda.
    Explain to me the difference between euthanizing black children and euthanizing Jews? If euthanizing unborn black babies is not racist, what is it? If you read from her own writings [diaries and letters] what she wanted was to rid the US population of what SHE considered Undesirables! Don't try to intimate that they were contemporaries, Sanger proceeded Hitler by 70 years. The point you can not see is they both wanted to eliminate an ethnic group that "they" did not see as conforming or beneficial to society! Wake up, the reason Sanger started what is now Planned Parenthood was to rid America of blacks, you can not deny her writings! She was most definitely a racist Undeniably!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Explain to me the difference between euthanizing black children and euthanizing Jews? If euthanizing unborn black babies is not racist, what is it? If you read from her own writings [diaries and letters] what she wanted was to rid the US population of what SHE considered Undesirables! Don't try to intimate that they were contemporaries, Sanger proceeded Hitler by 70 years. The point you can not see is they both wanted to eliminate an ethnic group that "they" did not see as conforming or beneficial to society! Wake up, the reason Sanger started what is now Planned Parenthood was to rid America of blacks, you can not deny her writings! She was most definitely a racist Undeniably!
    If she had been specific about only aborting blacks. then yes. I would agree she was a racist. Her plan was to stop poor people and sick people from procreating. Not just blacks. Yes, blacks were included, but not exclusive.
    I have never said her ideas were good ones. I have just said they weren't racially motivated.
    And no, Planned Parenthood was not started to rid the US of blacks. It was started to help women, of all color, by giving them choices. Before and after pregnancy.
    Last edited by copier addict; 04-22-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If she had been specific about only aborting blacks. then yes. I would agree she was a racist. Her plan was to stop poor people and sick people from procreating. Not just blacks. Yes, blacks were included, but exclusive.
    I have never said her ideas were good ones. I have just said they weren't racially motivated.
    And no, Planned Parenthood was not started to rid the US of blacks. It was started to help women, of all color, by giving them choices. Before and after pregnancy.
    Then explain to us her frequent references in speeches, notes and letters to others about the "Negro Project".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Race was one of segments she wanted to control. I'm not saying it was the only one, but race was a factor. She didn't want to eliminate blacks and other minorities. It was a question of population control... not elimination. She was for more births of the intellectually and physically superior, and less from those inferior. She planned to accomplish this through birth control. Planned Parenthood is the realization of her dream. Now, not only can they limit the pregnancies, but eliminate the pregnancies through abortion... infanticide.

Now, as then, the target is minorities.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Then explain to us her frequent references in speeches, notes and letters to others about the "Negro Project".
    From what I have read, the Negro Project was simply to have black doctors working with black people to discuss birth control. They were doing the same for white people. The use of the word "negro" was the word they used during this time in history. You can't judge them by our standards. We don't use that word anymore, but they did then. It doesn't make it a racist statement. I am in no way endorsing the use of any word.