Page 32 of 653 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132532 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

I'm not claiming her to be a racist because she used the word "negro". My point is that she wanted to limit the number of births, not from middle class white Americans, but from the poor, the sick, the stupid, and those of inferior races. And she was much more interested in the inferior races than she was interested in these other 'undesirables'. Eugenics is what drove her. It was behind her passion in the birth control movement. She cared little for the empowerment of women. The women's movement was nothing but a vehicle for her to accomplish her goal. And she DID succeed, and the statistics today would indicate.

Actually, she didn't succeed. Something backfired on her. She thought that the well to do class would continue to have children.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I'm not claiming her to be a racist because she used the word "negro". My point is that she wanted to limit the number of births, not from middle class white Americans, but from the poor, the sick, the stupid, and those of inferior races. And she was much more interested in the inferior races than she was interested in these other 'undesirables'. Eugenics is what drove her. It was behind her passion in the birth control movement. She cared little for the empowerment of women. The women's movement was nothing but a vehicle for her to accomplish her goal. And she DID succeed, and the statistics today would indicate.
    Nothing I have read, and I have read a fair amount, indicates she cared for limiting one group over another. She simply wanted to limit the amount of births among the poor and sick. Yes, there were minorities included in there, but there wasn't a main target group.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Margaret Sanger left Planned Parenthood 55 years ago. It was after her tenure, that the Food & Drug Administration approved the sale of the birth control pill which gave rise to new opinions regarding women's reproductive rights. This made many of Margaret Sanger's policy positions out of date.

In 1970, President Nixon (R) signed into law the "Family Planning Services and Research Population Act" supported by both Republicans and Democrats. This is how, in 2017, Planned Parenthood receives Federal Gov't funding. In 2014, Planned Parenthood rec'd approx 1/3 of its total funding ($528M) from the US Gov't. None of that funding is to be allocated to abortion services.

In 2017, besides the Federal Gov't revenue sources, public donations come from the largest charities in America like the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, the Buffet Foundation and the Ford Foundation help Planned Parenthood maintain services including abortions.

For many years, a coalition of national and local Pro Life groups have lobbied Federal and state gov'ts to cease all funding of Planned Parenthood mostly without success. Mostly members of the Republican party promote this view.

President Trump's failed first attempt to replace Obamacare in March 2017 included language to halt or reduce Federal funding to Planned Parenthood funding by making it ineligible for Medicaid reimbursements. The Democrats have firmly opposed this.

President Trump has made statements that he plans to introduce Trumpcare V2 this week, present a tax reform proposal and avoid a gov't shutdown by presenting a budget deal.

Almost certainly too much to try and achieve in the same week that coincides with the conclusion of the Trump administration's first 100 days in office.

The failure of Trumpcare V1 was due to strong opposition from the Republican Freedom caucus and the Democrats.

President Trump could be forced to negotiate away his promise to defund Planned Parenthood if he wants Democratic support for his budget. By all accounts, a gov't shutdown would gravely harm the economy and damage the President's claim for being a great deal maker.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 04-22-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Margaret Sanger left Planned Parenthood 55 years ago. It was after her tenure, that the Food & Drug Administration approved the sale of the birth control pill which gave rise to new opinions regarding women's reproductive rights. This made many of Margaret Sanger's policy positions out of date.

In 1970, President Nixon (R) signed into law the "Family Planning Services and Research Population Act" supported by both Republicans and Democrats. This is how, in 2017, Planned Parenthood receives Federal Gov't funding. In 2014, Planned Parenthood rec'd approx 1/3 of its total funding ($528M) from the US Gov't. None of that funding is to be allocated to abortion services.

In 2017, besides the Federal Gov't revenue sources, public donations come from the largest charities in America like the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, the Buffet Foundation and the Ford Foundation help Planned Parenthood maintain services including abortions.

For many years, a coalition of national and local Pro Life groups have lobbied Federal and state gov'ts to cease all funding of Planned Parenthood mostly without success. Mostly members of the Republican party promote this view.

President Trump's failed first attempt to replace Obamacare in March 2017 included language to halt or reduce Federal funding to Planned Parenthood funding by making it ineligible for Medicaid reimbursements. The Democrats have firmly opposed this.

President Trump has made statements that he plans to introduce Trumpcare V2 this week, present a tax reform proposal and avoid a gov't shutdown by presenting a budget deal.

Almost certainly too much to try and achieve in the same week that coincides with the conclusion of the Trump administration's first 100 days in office.

The failure of Trumpcare V1 was due to strong opposition from the Republican Freedom caucus and the Democrats.

President Trump could be forced to negotiate away his promise to defund Planned Parenthood if he wants Democratic support for his budget. By all accounts, a gov't shutdown would gravely harm the economy and damage the President's claim for being a great deal maker.
    On this issue I so disagree with Trump and support pro-choice women and on demand unrestricted abortion `...After all it's far cheaper to abort than to support all the babies and children wanted or unwanted that will be on welfare ...and abortion will keep down crime rates... ..win..win for all.....Do you not agree????

One of President Trump's central campaign promises was to build a wall separating the the US from Mexico. The President is a self described deal maker. It is in his best negotiating interest to create an obstacle (defund Planned Parent Hood) that costs him little (and seems indifferent to) that he can barter with the Democrats to get what he wants (fund the wall). This is called a false equivalent.

In the business world this might work, not so much in politics if his bluff is called.

One has to respect the strong beliefs of the Pro Life movement. The Pro Life movement has powerful friends and allies. I believe they have every right to guide their own lives by these strongly held feelings. The US Supreme Court has ruled that this does not give Pro Lifers the right to enforce their belief system on people who do not share the same values or might find themselves in a different place in life. I do not think that abortion should be seen as a convenient way of resolving an unwanted pregnancy and the applicant should have to seek some unbiased medical counselling before permission for the procedure is granted.

On this issue I so disagree with Trump and support pro-choice women and on demand unrestricted abortion `...After all it's far cheaper to abort than to support all the babies and children wanted or unwanted that will be on welfare ...and abortion will keep down crime rates... ..win..win for all.....Do you not agree????
    No, I don't think murder is a solution to money problems, crime problems, or any other problem. That was Hitler's and Stalin's solution. I believe each person has a right to live. I'm very much afraid of a society that sees people as statistics, and coldly calculates whether they are worthy or unworthy of life.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    From what I have read, the Negro Project was simply to have black doctors working with black people to discuss birth control.
    Replace birth control with abortion and/or sterilization and you will be a lot closer to what she was trying to do.

Famous Republican conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh today for the first time criticized President Trump.

"RUSH: I’m not happy to have to pass this on. I’m very, very troubled to have to pass this on. And I want to say at the outset that I hope my interpretation is wrong, and I hope this is not the case. But it looks like, from here, right here, right now, it looks like President Trump is caving on his demand for a measly $1 billion in the budget for his wall on the border with Mexico."

"Every delay in building the wall is another nail in the coffin of this presidency"

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/04/25/looks-like-trump-is-caving-on-1b-for-the-wall-in-the-face-of-democrat-threats-to-shut-down-the-government/

President Trump responded that he would continue his push to build the wall by Sept 2017.

One political commentator called this turn around in the Trump Presidency a massive collision between campaign promises and reality.

If indeed the next attempt to fund the wall is in Sept that is just before the mid term elections and most politicians will avoid this hot topic in an effort to get re-elected.

President Trump appears to be feeling a lot of pressure to avoid a gov't shutdown by this weekend. If the Republican party fails to avoid this fate while controlling the House, Senate and White House, it will not only be both a major blow to their reputation but possibly a historical first.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Over the past couple of weeks, celebrity environmentalists in Canada and south of the border have called out Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on climate change. David Suzuki, speaking to the National Observer, claimed that “the state of Canada’s climate action was disgusting,” and that “the federal government should be ashamed.” U.S. author and activist Bill McKibben, writing in the Guardian, called Mr. Trudeau a hypocrite"

For a government to first set a climate-change goal and then to propose a contentious policy that fails to meet those goals seems like a self-defeating approach, but that’s exactly what has happened and continues to happen in Canada. Earlier this month, government documents confirmed that meeting the targets to which Canada committed in Paris (30 per cent below 2005 levels by 2030) will require policies much more stringent than those imposed anywhere in Canada today. At the same time, the government has continued to commit to ever more stringent targets.

Mr. Trudeau has made it clear that he will not strand the valuable resource the oilsands represent and is right to say that no country would. What he has said is that the oilsands will only be extracted if that activity can happen under credible climate-change policies, and Alberta’s policies, with federal backstop, pass that test. The decision of extraction under these conditions will be one that responds to global markets. If the world acts aggressively on climate change, it’s unlikely that oilsands extraction will remain high long into the future, but policies preventing extraction of oilsands offer no similar guarantee for global action on climate change. If you’re worried about the risk of climate change, focus on climate-change policies, not oilsands.