Page 61 of 653 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161561 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I'm not really old enough to comment on unions on a historical basis. Personally, I believe they were badly needed at one time (although I haven't extensively looked into it). But right now, it seems they cause more problems than they solve.
    At one point yes they were. And in some cases even now. But having worked in closed shop states and in right to work states I much prefer the right to work states. There are some areas of the country where it is a requirement to join a union. In one instance I remember seeing a report that Detroit has a law that all child care workers are required to join a union.

Detroit Child care workers sue to break from union State is one of 16 requiring unions represent personal-care workers > Detroit Legal News.

And I do remember seeing on a website where they were actually trying to force babysitting teens to pay unions dues. Yes you hire a teen to babysit for one night every two weeks and the unions/government regulators were calling the occasional teen aged baby sitters "child care workers" and were subject to the rules of unionization.

The time I spent in NY/NJ area taught me the worst of union behavior. Whether from actually being forced to be a member of a union or reading the newspaper reports of what happened to people that tried to cross picket lines. Or crossed the union bosses. Like the report on a member being kneecapped because he made the mistake of mentioning he got the union officer election results three days before he received his official ballot. Or even here where the unions are trying to force an election at the Boeing plants by rejecting a secret ballot but insisting on using either the internet ballot. Or a card check system where you check yes or no an a card and turn that in to the union with you name and signature on the card. Oh yeah have overheard a few conversations at the coffee shops near the plants where the people are afraid of the goon squads the unions have patrolling plants.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

And now for a look at what is going on politically in Canada since a number of Canadians are so interested in US politics.
    ORWELLIAN: Canadians Can Now Be Fined Or JAILED For Using Wrong Gender Pronouns | Daily Wire

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And now for a look at what is going on politically in Canada since a number of Canadians are so interested in US politics.
    ORWELLIAN: Canadians Can Now Be Fined Or JAILED For Using Wrong Gender Pronouns | Daily Wire
    Weirdly the same sort of reaction and policies are trying to be put in place here too. I am so glad I finally retired so I no longer have to worry about losing a job because of political correctness and all the looney bulls**t that comes with it. Wonder how soon it will be when someone actually files a complaint that when quoting an historical figure using gender specific pronouns becomes illegal too.

Funny but the US supreme court has just ruled that "hate speech" is protected free speech. Seems a band formed by some oriental members wanted to trademark/copyright their name. They wanted to call themselves the "Slants" They were denied the name as the name was offensive to orientals. they sued and took the case all the way and won. Case also has bearing on the trademarked name of the Washington Redskins.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

The Daily Wire

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
    Factual Reporting: MIXED
    Notes: The Daily Wire is a politically conservative American news and opinion website founded in 2015 by conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro, who currently serves as Editor-in-chief. Presents news with a right wing bias in reporting and wording. The Daily Wire has also published false information such as this and this from Ben Shapiro.
    Source: http://www.dailywire.com/

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I'm not really old enough to comment on unions on a historical basis. Personally, I believe they were badly needed at one time (although I haven't extensively looked into it). But right now, it seems they cause more problems than they solve.
    I didn't say unions were perfect, but without them wages would drop sharply. Without the threat of unionisation big business would have no reason to pay good wages.
    And you asked about whether the rich sitting on their money is bad. I don't know if it is or not, but I do know that whenever a tax break is given to the rich the money has to be made up somewhere, and that is from the not so rich
    Last edited by copier addict; 06-24-2017 at 12:19 AM.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Mystic Crystal Revelations

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Wow... ...wow... who's the poor soul who thought that free speech could be stifled....
    How in any law system (Canadian or otherwise) can any body of government/dictatorship enforce any language to be fixed by a law. Profanity is a good example, it's fixed by law but still doesn't stop people from being explicit.

How many people can speak one, two, five different languages?
    How can fixing a single word in English law stop a person from speaking it in say French, Italian or German.
    Does the Canadian gender law define the specific language that is to be fixed by this law.
    So if the citizenry decided to remove the word "gender" from the "said lawful" language can
    it be replaced by another word/term which is outside the law legislate?
    Example. Can a person no longer use the unlawful word "gender" , but instead use a made up word like "redneg"?
    (Which some how has a way of making it into lawful dictionary's when used by enough people.)

The point I make is that people are just going to make up another word to replace the lawful word.
    Such be the case, given any amount of years down the track, the comprehension state of the English language
    will end up in some ridiculous multi-dribble incoherent babbling blaa blaa, bought about by law makers.
    A pending example of language verging on destruction is the use of SMS abbreviations/acronyms used by the younger people to date. (yer... I know,I'm guilty too..)

Re:Canadian Gender legislate:
    All-in-all I've yet to see words jump out of vocal cords ,jump off a page, computer screen and physically beat/hurt anyone. The people who read such words have to be emotionally willing and want to be hurt by that type of communication."NOBOBY" absolutely "NOBODY" forces anybody down on the ground makes them read a document. Nobody rams the words through another persons eyes to make them feel those emotional feelings. People who are emotionally distraught by written communicate have to be physically wanting,willing an able to read those words that trigger those emotions. If I read a document that goes off track I dump it in the bin or delete it. There is no one on this earth that can make me continuously upset by words, unless "I myself" choose to read those words which trigger those emotions. I may read it the first time, then I dump it for ever there after. I'll take back my self empowerment at any time if needed, an refuse to allow others to play me like a marionette.

"A rose flower is still a rose flower by any another name."
    How does a social system take the definition for the word "Rose" out of comprehension?

Thanks Slimslob for the update.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 06-24-2017 at 03:04 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I didn't say unions were perfect, but without them wages would drop sharply. Without the threat of unionisation big business would have no reason to pay good wages.
    With the constant threat of union demands then jobs go overseas. Or in the case currently where the left and unions are pushing for minimum wage hikes to fifteen dollars an hour businesses are switching to kiosk order booths in the very "industry" most first time jobs are provided.
    http://6abc.com/business/wendys-to-r...hines/1341581/

[/QUOTE]And you asked about whether the rich sitting on their money is bad. I don't know if it is or not, but I do know that whenever a tax break is given to the rich the money has to be made up somewhere, and that is from the not so rich[/QUOTE]

Want to try that again. When capital gains rates were cut tax revenues went up not down. Every single time they raise rates on capital gains revenue falls. If you take the incentive of investing in new business away then it becomes more profitable to sit on the money by saving. Here are the latest statistics from capital gains cuts. Plus when investors are not getting or helping business expand or new start-ups then there are less jobs created. Oh yes and here are the numbers on the taxes actually raised via capital gains.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/capit...233200669.html

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    With the constant threat of union demands then jobs go overseas. Or in the case currently where the left and unions are pushing for minimum wage hikes to fifteen dollars an hour businesses are switching to kiosk order booths in the very "industry" most first time jobs are provided.
    http://6abc.com/business/wendys-to-r...hines/1341581/

And you asked about whether the rich sitting on their money is bad. I don't know if it is or not, but I do know that whenever a tax break is given to the rich the money has to be made up somewhere, and that is from the not so rich[/QUOTE]

Want to try that again. When capital gains rates were cut tax revenues went up not down. Every single time they raise rates on capital gains revenue falls. If you take the incentive of investing in new business away then it becomes more profitable to sit on the money by saving. Here are the latest statistics from capital gains cuts. Plus when investors are not getting or helping business expand or new start-ups then there are less jobs created. Oh yes and here are the numbers on the taxes actually raised via capital gains.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/capit...233200669.html[/QUOTE]

I don't recall saying anything about capital gains.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post

{random snip}

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/capit...233200669.html
    Provided my facts are correct.
    The world governance (NWO which ever you prefer) have already defined the future social system as an %80 unemployed %20 working. The fact that every thing is becoming machine modernised gives rise to the ever increasing unemployment rate in every country. Knowing that there is not enough local money circulating at any given moment in the above social/financial system, how does a social system maintain the day-to-day financial flow effect to prop up a continuing out of balance u80/e20 society?

The simple facts are that the law of the jungle(survival of the fittest) will come into play if there is not enough money circulating in society. The gov't either pays the money at the dole queues or the gov't pays the money to the prison system full of the same people. It cost's ten time more to pay someone with in prison system than it does to pay the same person at the dole queue.

Again, if my facts are correct.
    There is a (NWO) system already defined called the "many" or Man hour system, which is not understood like the "money" system as we know it. The "Many" system functions by paying workers or unemployed a flat rate in man hours regardless of their education, profession or work status. A person works, rests at a set rate of hours per week they are given 'X' amount of "manies" at a fixed total which is released/circulated into society each week. Releasing "many"(man hours) at a fix rate will ensure that there is only ever 'X' manies floating around/circulating in society at any one time, thereby removing all systems of capitalist, greed, and taxation.

Some people out there would align themselves with such a social system as being communist or dictatorship.

It was a while ago that I encountered the actual "Many system" document online.

In my own honest truth ,I'm not sure if such a system is truly workable.

Problem:
    The facts are for ever there, that we will be living in a society were %80 of people will be unemployed and %20 of people working.

Solution:
    ...... ? .....please inform me too.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 06-24-2017 at 04:11 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••