Page 63 of 654 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163563 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    And he never will because it conflicts with his preconceived notion that anything conservative is suspect. But if it comes from MSNBC or CNN it has to be concrete proof of the truth.

We have two main political parties in Canada known as the Liberals and Conservatives. The Liberals are currently in power but the Conservatives were in power for the last nine years.

What is described as conservative values in the USA are so far right of what is considered conservative in Canada that there would be no chance of people who embrace these values ever being elected.

I did respond to your post. It is a far right to extreme right opinion piece from a source that has been known to make untrue statements. Just because it is published on a little known website by an editor who used to work at Breitbart News does not make it comment worthy.

I read the article and I scanned the Canadian news. None of the big three Canadian news networks covered the story so the topic that the article tries to make sensational never rose to the level of national awareness or concern.

In Canada we do not worship our political leaders and the cult of voters who support President Trump's personality and agenda is hard to understand.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

If it's not in Canadian news, it must not be true. Perhaps this is his way of claiming ignorance as he funneled money to Cuban oppressors. Not knowing reality makes someone not so much of a colossal turd as said person freely and willingly supports imprisonment and a kangaroo court system. It's a carefree way to take advantage of a starving populace. As long as you don't know you're a turd, you must not really be one.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    If it's not in Canadian news, it must not be true. Perhaps this is his way of claiming ignorance as he funneled money to Cuban oppressors. Not knowing reality makes someone not so much of a colossal turd as said person freely and willingly supports imprisonment and a kangaroo court system. It's a carefree way to take advantage of a starving populace. As long as you don't know you're a turd, you must not really be one.
    What SalesServiceGuy meant was we don't sensationalise un-newsworth tripe and try to pass it off as the truth. We turds are like that.
    When is the last time you were in Cuba?

I have requested that the CTN staff review your posts going back to #536 as violation of forum etiquette.

"We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice and also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules."

For months you've belched a steady stream of untruth, deception, and insult concerning our leader. You've been politely asked to chill. You claim you're just pointing out your version of the truth, but that's not what you're doing. Your slamming our national leader--a great man who is accomplishing great things. All the while you're masquerading as some sort of unbiased do-gooder. And now I'm calling you out, and I'm not gonna change my tone in this thread.

I've been contributing to this forum for a few years, and have helped countless people in my area of expertise. In fact, the vast majority of my contributions are uniquely helpful to people trying to find technical advice. If they want to ban me because of this one thread, then so be it. In other threads, where I've had disagreements, I've been quick to make amends and even apologize. But I'm not gonna sit by anymore while some joker pollutes the forum with his rhetoric... especially someone like you.

I would suggest the forum leaders shut-down and erase this entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    What SalesServiceGuy meant was we don't sensationalise un-newsworth tripe and try to pass it off as the truth. We turds are like that.
    When is the last time you were in Cuba?

Reread and see that the 'turd' was not directed at Canadians. Only at those who contribute to oppression.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

For months you've belched a steady stream of untruth, deception, and insult concerning our leader. You've been politely asked to chill. You claim you're just pointing out your version of the truth, but that's not what you're doing. Your slamming our national leader--a great man who is accomplishing great things. All the while you're masquerading as some sort of unbiased do-gooder. And now I'm calling you out, and I'm not gonna change my tone in this thread.

I've been contributing to this forum for a few years, and have helped countless people in my area of expertise. In fact, the vast majority of my contributions are uniquely helpful to people trying to find technical advice. If they want to ban me because of this one thread, then so be it. In other threads, where I've had disagreements, I've been quick to make amends and even apologize. But I'm not gonna sit by anymore while some joker pollutes the forum with his rhetoric... especially someone like you.

I would suggest the forum leaders shut-down and erase this entire thread.
    Okay, everyone gets as many shots at PM Trudeau as you want. Pull out all the stops. Have at er. All the dirt you can come up with.
    I will start. "He looks pretty okay with his shirt off". Lol

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    We have two main political parties in Canada known as the Liberals and Conservatives. The Liberals are currently in power but the Conservatives were in power for the last nine years.

What is described as conservative values in the USA are so far right of what is considered conservative in Canada that there would be no chance of people who embrace these values ever being elected.

I did respond to your post. It is a far right to extreme right opinion piece from a source that has been known to make untrue statements. Just because it is published on a little known website by an editor who used to work at Breitbart News does not make it comment worthy.

I read the article and I scanned the Canadian news. None of the big three Canadian news networks covered the story so the topic that the article tries to make sensational never rose to the level of national awareness or concern.

In Canada we do not worship our political leaders and the cult of voters who support President Trump's personality and agenda is hard to understand.
    First it was not my post. Next the only response by you was to totally dismiss an easily confirmed news report. There is a Canadian hate crimes section in the Canadian criminal code and the use of incorrect gender pronouns when addressing someone who does not want to be identified as the "incorrect gender pronoun" is now a hate crime and punishable by jail time. Just because none of the Canadian news networks did not cover it does not mean it did not happen. All that means is to that your networks it was a news item so common knowledge that everyone knows about it anyway so why report on it. Using your own logic and statements concerning conservative versus liberal in Canada it can be reasonably concluded that Canadian networks also did not report on the passage of the hate crimes aspect of using incorrect gender pronouns because the three networks are so liberal they support that sort of draconian nonsense.

I really would like for once if you would actually provide an example from a credible news organization of this cult like followers of President Trump. From what I have seen and read online and on the broadcast news there is a cult. It is a very vocal and destructive cult of leftist crybabies that have burned cities, rioted and attacked Trump supporters with pepper spray, clubs, and even knives. Oh yes there is also the antifa radicals so proud of their beliefs they wear masks to hide their identity when attacking their opponents or anyone they decide to target that day. And no do not dismiss the leftist rioting by providing examples of isolated hate crimes by the some individuals when Obama was president. That does not justify their actions of burning looting and assault on such a large scale as the antifa criminals are commiting.

[QUOTE=gneebore;567882]First it was not my post. Next the only response by you was to totally dismiss an easily confirmed news report. There is a Canadian hate crimes section in the Canadian criminal code and the use of incorrect gender pronouns when addressing someone who does not want to be identified as the "incorrect gender pronoun" is now a hate crime and punishable by jail time. Just because none of the Canadian news networks did not cover it does not mean it did not happen. All that means is to that your networks it was a news item so common knowledge that everyone knows about it anyway so why report on it. Using your own logic and statements concerning conservative versus liberal in Canada it can be reasonably concluded that Canadian networks also did not report on the passage of the hate crimes aspect of using incorrect gender pronouns because the three networks are so liberal they support that sort of draconian nonsense. "

I have read Canada's Bill C-16 which will soon be passed into law.

The Prime Minister of Canada who is a very popular figure at home and abroad stated:

"Great news: Bill C-16 has passed the Senate – making it illegal to discriminate based on gender identity or expression."

This bill, along with other legislation currently before the House, will finally bring balance and protection to the LBGT2 community.

The author of the article, that this response is about, has mostly based his story on the musings of one University free speech professor. Trying to spin this story into some type onerous hate crime legislation is simply fake news trying to appeal to a base of American readers who seek out far right political positions.

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post

I really would like for once if you would actually provide an example from a credible news organization of this cult like followers of President Trump. From what I have seen and read online and on the broadcast news there is a cult. It is a very vocal and destructive cult of leftist crybabies that have burned cities, rioted and attacked Trump supporters with pepper spray, clubs, and even knives. Oh yes there is also the antifa radicals so proud of their beliefs they wear masks to hide their identity when attacking their opponents or anyone they decide to target that day. And no do not dismiss the leftist rioting by providing examples of isolated hate crimes by the some individuals when Obama was president. That does not justify their actions of burning looting and assault on such a large scale as the antifa criminals are commiting.
    This is a far more complicated response and you can do any number of google searches about Trump followers displaying cult like tendencies. I will give you one from a Canadian author.

America idolizes its democratic traditions and pretends that no individual is above the people. Paradoxically, it also endows special status on its presidents.
    The president of the United States is more than a head of state. He (since only men have been president) is almost a cult figure: remote and unknowable, the “most powerful man in the world,” America’s Commander in Chief.
    The title conjures images of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln or Franklin D. Roosevelt. These are towering historical figures, leaders and visionaries whose legacies live on today.
    But somewhere along the line, perhaps in the late 1960s, it started to go wrong. Institutional myth-making continued via pomp and circumstance, speeding motorcades and Hail to the Chief, but the men who occupied the office seemed too often to diminish it.
    Richard Nixon broke the law in the Watergate scandal, tried to cover it up and flouted the U.S. Constitution. Facing impeachment in Congress, he resigned in disgrace.
    Bill Clinton survived eight years of scandal and innuendo, leaving behind a tainted legacy that, in 2016, helped sink Hillary Clinton’s chance to become the first female president.
    George W. Bush ascended to the Oval Office his father had once occupied, but his bumbling incompetence rained down war and economic disaster on Americans for eight years.
    Barack Obama elevated the presidency with his personal grace and dignity in office, and raised hopes for a more equal America.
    His opponents turned disparaging the presidency into a form of acceptable speech and revelled in the racial overtones.
    Now Donald Trump is about to be sworn in as president, with an unknowable long-term effect on the office. Early signs are not positive.
    Trump is a cult figure to many Americans. Partly because of that, the office will never again be taken quite so seriously.
    If it’s okay to mock an African-American president, as Trump did for years, then it’s okay to mock the man succeeding him.
    Trump seems not to understand that the United States is a mega-state and superpower. It’s not a mere cult, no matter how much Trump might want it to be.
    Cult leaders require no particular experience or ability to exert power over their followers. Whatever the leader says, by definition, is correct. It is the word of a higher authority expressed through the earthly vehicle of the leader.
    The presidential myth would have us believe that once elected president, the incumbent is mystically imbued with the skills and insight required by his office. They need no qualifications because “the office molds the man.”
    This is a dangerous fallacy.
    No matter how august the office or how pretentious the trappings, you can’t transform someone who revels in ignorance and egotism into the legitimate leader of a great country. Leaders are insightful, brave and honest. Trump is none of those.
    During his transition period, Trump’s attempts to appear “presidential” failed for the simple reason that he’s not a presidential figure. Trump believes he can profit from his office because, by his definition, presidents can’t be in conflicts of interest and that makes it okay. Eventually, Americans will start to see otherwise.
    Trump wants everything he says to be treated with great weight and seriousness, simply because he’s president. Then he spends his days sending out Twitter insults and whining over how he’s portrayed in the media.
    Like other cult leaders, Trump surrounds himself with admiring sycophants who parrot his ideas with no regard to whether they make any sense. They don’t have to, when they come straight from the leader.
    The rest of the world sees no reason to accept Trump’s preposterous claims. Outside the Trump cult, few people see any qualification for Trump to fulfill the office to which he’s been elected.
    It’s time the presidential cult was ended. And Trump is just the guy to do it.

Perhaps a bit harsh but a good starting point.