Page 68 of 653 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168568 ... LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I am quite the expert on my own opinion as well. Haha.
    What I am trying to say is, if a website carries stories about mummified aliens and Rob Lowe almost getting killed by bigfoot (obviously untrue) I will use some discretion while reading other stories on that site.
    More often than not those are sponsored content, usually provided through Google ad choices. A website can object to individual content items and Google will no longer provide that specific content but will replace it with possibly more objectionable content.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    More often than not those are sponsored content, usually provided through Google ad choices. A website can object to individual content items and Google will no longer provide that specific content but will replace it with possibly more objectionable content.
    Then again copier addict like a lot of leftists does not seem to grasp the concept of satire, which the story headlines were for, actually were. Just about any website that reports on news items also has a section for entertainment. Pointing out blurbs for the stories he decided made the entire website unreliable is like listening to the news and deciding the ads they play promoting other shows on the network makes the news dept unreliable. You do notice he has not said anything about the reliability of the Huffington Post website as a reliable news source even though that was the actual source for the Rob Lowe story.

To quote phil b "do your own work". Lol
    Ah let's see you challenged me to come up with references of the leftist tilt taken by Snopes. I did. Then instead of actually countering the webpage story's accuracy, not website, you post a rebuttal of a news story blurb on the home page that was not on the actual page linked in my reference and claim any story posted as news is therefore suspect. Sorry but once again you do not follow your own criteria. yes i did check out the Rob Lowe story and found it is common to Newswire and Huffington post. Hmm seem to have missed where you added that any story on the Huffington post is therefore now suspect too. Just to explain it so even you may be able to understand. Both website post entertainment, the section the aliens and Rob Lowe stories were gathered, stories for the amusement of their readers. Is that easy enough for you to understand or have you not received your instructional materials from your safe space guidance mentor?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    Then again copier addict like a lot of leftists does not seem to grasp the concept of satire, which the story headlines were for, actually were. Just about any website that reports on news items also has a section for entertainment. Pointing out blurbs for the stories he decided made the entire website unreliable is like listening to the news and deciding the ads they play promoting other shows on the network makes the news dept unreliable. You do notice he has not said anything about the reliability of the Huffington Post website as a reliable news source even though that was the actual source for the Rob Lowe story.
    I love it when people put words in my mouth. I simply said I use more discretion while reading other articles. I mentioned nothing about any unreliable websites.
    Sometimes reading all of what a person types will save one from needlessly insulting another.

I love it when people put words in my mouth. I simply said I use more discretion while reading other articles. I mentioned nothing about any unreliable websites.
    Sometimes reading all of what a person types will save one from needlessly insulting another.
    No but the tone and implication of your answer was the story and website were unreliable just because of a headline blurb. And by inference my posting the actual link to the story about snopes.com and it drift to the left. Yes I know you actually used sarcasm when answering and implying the website as a news source was unreliable because of the headline blurb.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    And 11 year old can hack Wi-Fi that well?
    The info sounds a bit out there, unless the 11years olds I.T. father is the main source of his hacker education..
    there have been hackers that young for years.
    Back in 1980.. I was a member of a bunch of BBS's ( bulletin board systems ) in the raleigh area.. we had 2 kids ( 12 & 13 ) that would hack into the systems and download dirty pictures... I actually watched one attempting to hack into my server... he was just a few clicks away when I pulled the plug on him... I had printed out the screen shots and sent the local popo over to talk with his mom and dad... Wade Coats still has it out for me to this day LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    there have been hackers that young for years.
    Back in 1980.. I was a member of a bunch of BBS's ( bulletin board systems ) in the raleigh area.. we had 2 kids ( 12 & 13 ) that would hack into the systems and download dirty pictures... I actually watched one attempting to hack into my server... he was just a few clicks away when I pulled the plug on him... I had printed out the screen shots and sent the local popo over to talk with his mom and dad... Wade Coats still has it out for me to this day LOL
    Kind of reminded me about a story a few years ago. There was a nasty virus spreading rapidlly. Caused a lot of headaches and cost a lot to clean up. The virus was eventually traced back to a teen that wrote it so his mother's computer repair shop would have more business. According to some of the stories back then

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    At least we do our own work and frequently provide links to sources to support what we say. If I occasionally comment with my opinion I usually specify "in my opinion'" and I am the foremost expert on my opinion.
    i have provided links in this forum and others.... But I get a little tired of people that don't even LIVE here bashing the president. I have followed politics IN MY OWN country pretty damn close since I got out of high school in '75, and EVEN when obama was in office didn't bash him the way trump is being treated. IMHO the reason trump is getting ragged on is because he stated what he was going to try and accomplish .. and has done a lot of it... even with being held up by the left and even some on the right... because they fear for their positions if Trump really exposes them for what they are... they vote themselves raises and STILL only work 180days out of the year and make minimum 174k ( not including perks)

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    Kind of reminded me about a story a few years ago. There was a nasty virus spreading rapidlly. Caused a lot of headaches and cost a lot to clean up. The virus was eventually traced back to a teen that wrote it so his mother's computer repair shop would have more business. According to some of the stories back then
    yes I remember that story.. and IF I'm not mistaken .. he was offered a position with the NSA when he gets out of HS.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Guess again.