Page 18 of 655 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118518 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: LANGUAGE WARNING: because it's Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Leaders have to be constantly questioned about their actions, not followed blindly, it is what democracy is all about. I have never seen a leader that is infallible. They all make bad choices and they must answer for them. People can't just say " My leader belongs to the same political party as me so I will not question anything he/she does".
    "People can't just say " My leader belongs to the same political party as me so I will not question anything he/she does""

but if you look at the democratic party.. the majority are doing JUST that ..following blindly!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    The level of blindness demonstrated by the left, to me, is appalling. There are certain things a person can say, which will automatically make their argument or message irrelevant to a huge number of people in the modern world. For example, questioning the human involvement in climate change. Also, belief in a Christian God (it's weird that belief in a Muslim God is OK), Creationism, respect for and expectation of respect for national borders, respect for human life at all stages, belief that marriage is between a man and a woman, etc.,. All of these PC violations will often end serious discussion. One or both parties immediately resort to insult or minimization of the argument. But none more so than the question of climate change.

There was a time when Republicans were trying to liberate black slaves in America. Many of them believed that black people should have all the same rights white people do... including voting. But politicians could not say so, because the popular consensus (PC back then) would have made their arguments irrelevant. A huge number of lawmakers and decision makers would have simply stopped listening to them because they dared to question what the 'vast majority' believed (it wasn't the vast majority, but it had been pushed so much that many people accepted it as the majority). So they had to tone it down. They had to start with simply freeing the slaves. Then they could slowly move in to voting rights, etc.

I believe we're seeing the same thing now with most "right wing" issues. Especially climate change. You simply cannot question it. Period. Even Trump won't go there now. But it's sad, to me, that so many people blindly accept the premise that the left have pushed. I'm not sure whether I believe it or not, but I do know that no funding will go to any study that takes a closer look at whether or not humans contribute to climate change. It's just one of those subjects that aren't approachable.
    I had to read this twice to understand the meaning of the last paragraph, or more specifically, the direction at which the statement was aimed. Wasn't sure how I felt about it at first glance, so I made sure to read it twice before replying.
    So, to those proponents of Anthropogenic Global Warming (can't really call it that anymore, maybe ACC, I don't know what to call it because the name changes about as often as Ohio weather does!) I have to ask:
    IF mankind is partially responsible for the changing climate (which I highly doubt, since our climate is dictated by a combination of effects of our planetary rotation, our magnetic field and Sol), but IF humans have some added effect, due to burning fossil fuels or air pollution, why is China not held directly responsible for causing so much pollution? Why does it seem like it's always the "affluent" countries that are to blame?

That's some big ifs, I know.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Ohio is an interesting state to live in for climate change deniers.

Since 1895 the average mean temperatures have been increasing in Ohio especially in the last 15 years.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/state-temps/

Ohio’s climate is changing. Most of the state has warmed by about one degree (F) in the last century. Floods are becoming more frequent, and ice cover on the Great Lakes is forming later or melting sooner. In the coming decades, the state will have more extremely hot days, which may harm public health in urban areas and corn harvests in rural areas. Our climate is changing because the earth is warming. People have increased the amount of carbon dioxide in the air by 40 percent since the late 1700s. Other heat-trapping greenhouse gases are also increasing. These gases have warmed the surface and lower atmosphere of our planet about one degree during the last 50 years. Evaporation increases as the atmosphere warms, which increases humidity, average rainfall, and the frequency of heavy rainstorms in many places—but contributes to drought in others. Greenhouse gases are also changing the world’s oceans and ice cover. Carbon dioxide reacts with water to form carbonic acid, so the oceans are becoming more acidic. The surface of the ocean has also warmed about one degree during the last 80 years. Although warmer temperatures cause sea level to rise, the impact on water levels in the Great Lakes is not yet known. Warmer air also melts ice and snow earlier in spring.

https://www.epa.gov/sites/production...-change-oh.pdf

Rising temperatures can harm air quality and amplify existing threats to human health. Warmer weather can increase the production of ground-level ozone, a pollutant that causes lung and heart problems. Ozone also harms plants. In rural Ohio, ozone levels are high enough to significantly reduce yields of soybeans and winter wheat. U.S. EPA and the Ohio EPA have been working to reduce ozone concentrations. As the climate changes, continued progress toward clean air will become more difficult.

Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Niles, said that President trump's executive actions ignore the boon brought by transitioning to a clean-energy economy. He said more than 100,000 jobs in Ohio are supported by clean energy.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/national-govt--politics/how-will-trump-climate-change-executive-orders-impact-ohio/031306VaG87dY8IdEAtgJO/

59% of Ohio's electrical generation comes from coal, among the highest in the USA.

I always liked John Kasich Governor(R) - Ohio during the Presidential debates. He seemed like the only adult in the room.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 03-29-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Re: LANGUAGE WARNING: because it's Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    "People can't just say " My leader belongs to the same political party as me so I will not question anything he/she does""

but if you look at the democratic party.. the majority are doing JUST that ..following blindly!
    So? Why does that matter. If the democratic party jumped off a bridge, would you jump off a bridge too?
    Damn, I sound like my Mom. lol
    Last edited by copier addict; 03-29-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post

I believe we're seeing the same thing now with most "right wing" issues. Especially climate change. You simply cannot question it. Period. Even Trump won't go there now. But it's sad, to me, that so many people blindly accept the premise that the left have pushed. I'm not sure whether I believe it or not, but I do know that no funding will go to any study that takes a closer look at whether or not humans contribute to climate change. It's just one of those subjects that aren't approachable.
    I do notice that the global warming proponents are very quick to point out isolated figures. Like this is the warmest year for Ohio in a century. But conveniently ignore any and all facts contrary to their assertions. Funny but they also ignore the alarmist predictions that have not come to pass. Like the infamous claim the polar ice cap will be gone by 2015. Funny last I heard is this year it is still there. Going back in time to the early 1900's there was actually a successful passage of the northwest passage. In a sailing ship with a crew of seven. Oh yeah the explorer was Roald Amundsen. And he did it in 1905. Actual serious monitoring of the ice cap did not start until 1975. Uh back when they were claiming a new ice age was apparent. Satellite monitoring began in 1979.

Or maybe how by 2015 most of the coastal regions would be under two feet ( pick your depth here I've heard dozens of predictions) of water. Funny if man made global warming is a fact how do they account for fossilized sharks teeth found in central Texas. You know before there were coal power plants to cause climate change. There is no doubt that there is cyclical weather change or if you will climate. Man may be able to cause small local changes in some weather phenomena.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Ohio is an interesting state to live in for climate change deniers.
    Actually, the the bottom of the Great Lakes are still changing as they continue to recover from the last Ice age. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Last edited by Iowatech; 03-30-2017 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Me type sentences badly. Spell like moran, also.

Re: Just how sane is Donald Trump...

Wherever you're coming from, this is a must see. Note the facts Carlson cites, especially this one:
    Wealth generation over the Obama years has been HUGE.
    And he's actually understating the case - search for the stats yourself. Only one problem, of course: A tiny number of super-rich oligarchs have sucked it all up...as per the whole point of our first "vacation president".

Again, just watch the video yourself. But be sure to take Tucker's advice:
    Stop and think about it - all of it, and all of its implications. Without question, we have all been getting conned and shafted Bigtime. Like it or not, Trump is our only hope.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    I had to read this twice to understand the meaning of the last paragraph, or more specifically, the direction at which the statement was aimed. Wasn't sure how I felt about it at first glance, so I made sure to read it twice before replying.
    So, to those proponents of Anthropogenic Global Warming (can't really call it that anymore, maybe ACC, I don't know what to call it because the name changes about as often as Ohio weather does!) I have to ask:
    IF mankind is partially responsible for the changing climate (which I highly doubt, since our climate is dictated by a combination of effects of our planetary rotation, our magnetic field and Sol), but IF humans have some added effect, due to burning fossil fuels or air pollution, why is China not held directly responsible for causing so much pollution? Why does it seem like it's always the "affluent" countries that are to blame?
    That's some big ifs, I know.
    the reason the "elite" countries are pushing this Climate Change crap ( which is all made up the "science" has been proven to be BS ) is this.... the leaders can impose TAXES ( carbon footprint ect.. ) to make themselves richer and promote their buddies EXPENSIVE solutions to the farce.. CO2 is needed by plants and has not increased enough to warrant these regulations .

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Ok. You are definitely a climate change denier.

Enjoy your unusually hot, dangerously hot summer this year and the next year and the year after that.

As it gets hotter and hotter people consume more electricity for cooling. Increased energy consumption causes increased C02 emissions which increases global warming.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Hi All

Just consider these two points....
    1) 1975 Newsweek: The Coming Ice Age | Sweetness & Light Yes Newsweek predicted a coming ice age.

2) We have been recording/keeping somewhat (how accurate were the thermometers and placement) ) temperature reading only for about 150 years.....A blink of the eye when it comes to earths weather .

3) NASA has reported Mars has seen a temp increase...Last time I checked Mars does not burn fossil fuels...

Cheers..