Page 46 of 654 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146546 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    and you must admit ... if CNN-MSNBC does a poll.. who are they going to get to call in from their viewers.. LIBERALS... just like you would expect Republicans would take the Faux News polls... frankly I don't put much faith in polls esp when just before the election all the MSNBC -CNN - ABC -CBS polls were calling for a landslide by Clinton.
    You don't conduct a poll by having people call in. The pollster calls out to random people

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryrbrts View Post
    First, this is a copier forum not politics.org.
    Correction, this thread is in the Rants, Raves, and Everything Else forum. This type of thread is exactly what this forum was added for. I remember a couple of years ago there was a discussion thread on gun ownership/control laws.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    You don't conduct a poll by having people call in. The pollster calls out to random people
    Many polls ARE conducted by having viewers call in. The local NBC station has one almost every day on an issue in the news, sometimes local news sometimes national or international.

As for national polling companies, many are man on the street type of polls. These therefore are taken in major cities. The sampling is therefore tilted toward the liberal side. A look at the election results maps will show this. Also those participating in these are not those with full time day jobs. Another tilt to the left.

Many pollsters also use qualifying preliminary questions. If from your answers to those questions they decide that you are too conservative, they do not ask you the main questions. They will also ask questions to which the answer can be interpreted incorrectly. As an example, a number of years school children were asked if their mother fixed them a hot breakfast. The children, wanting to be truthful, would only say yes if it was their mother that fixed breakfast. If it was their father, a grandparent, an older sibling, etc they would answer no.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

President Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau having dinner at a trendy Montreal restaurant on June 06. Obama had just given a speech to the Chamber of Commerce on his hopes and vision for the USA and the world.

Top 5 Obama moments from his first-ever trip to Montreal - Montreal - CBC News
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Many polls ARE conducted by having viewers call in. The local NBC station has one almost every day on an issue in the news, sometimes local news sometimes national or international.

As for national polling companies, many are man on the street type of polls. These therefore are taken in major cities. The sampling is therefore tilted toward the liberal side. A look at the election results maps will show this. Also those participating in these are not those with full time day jobs. Another tilt to the left.

Many pollsters also use qualifying preliminary questions. If from your answers to those questions they decide that you are too conservative, they do not ask you the main questions. They will also ask questions to which the answer can be interpreted incorrectly. As an example, a number of years school children were asked if their mother fixed them a hot breakfast. The children, wanting to be truthful, would only say yes if it was their mother that fixed breakfast. If it was their father, a grandparent, an older sibling, etc they would answer no.
    While I agree that polls can be biased one way or the other, I think it's pretty closed minded to assume that only right wingers have day jobs. I am certain there are many, many "liberals" who have full time day jobs. It isn't just a right wing phenomenon, regardless of your own personal biases.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Obama was the biggest disaster that ever hit this country. It's so embarrassing. We accomplished so much by electing our first black president. Think of how far we've come in the past sixty years to have been able to accomplish that. And it had to be THAT guy. Dreadful.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Obama was the biggest disaster that ever hit this country. It's so embarrassing. We accomplished so much by electing our first black president. Think of how far we've come in the past sixty years to have been able to accomplish that. And it had to be THAT guy. Dreadful.
    I would have guessed either 911, Pearl Harbour, The Great Depression, slavery, etc etc as a bigger disaster than one specific president.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

While I agree that polls can be biased one way or the other, I think it's pretty closed minded to assume that only right wingers have day jobs. I am certain there are many, many "liberals" who have full time day jobs. It isn't just a right wing phenomenon, regardless of your own personal biases.
    I did not say that only "right wingers" have jobs. Just your liberal false assumptions.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I did not say that only "right wingers" have jobs. Just your liberal false assumptions.
    You stated "Also those participating in these are not those with full time day jobs. Another tilt to the left.". What exactly does that mean to you?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

depends on who's conducting it.

but then again you UNDERSTOOD what I meant.

and yes I have taken PHONE Polls before