Page 57 of 654 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157557 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Ctl-Alt-Del View Post
    What isn't in dispute it that Russia hacked into our election process, they were in at least 39 different state's election systems as well as the Democratic and Republican Parties email systems, multiple US intelligence agencies do not dispute this FACT.
    With all the $Billions$ available in the US they cannot secure their Elections? The UK manages to.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    the Dems are sooo outraged that the russians " might have hacked" the elections... what about what just found out.. 5.7 million illegals voted in the Presidential elections during the 2012 vote...

or that ALL the "unmasking" papers have been moved to the obama library so that FIOA requests will NOT be honored for 5 more years.

oh WAIT that was all under obama's regime never mind..
    Why wouldn't everyone be outraged about both? I can't see only Dems being disturbed about a foreign country possibly meddling in an election. And having 5.7 million people who are not eligible to vote taking part in an election should be disturbing to all as well.
    I don't know what "unmasking" papers are, so I can't comment on that.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I preferred Cuba to Florida as a vacation. I was in Havana in the north, in the middle and the south. Cuba was a better value, very safe, more exotic and the people were very friendly. Coastal Florida seems like an endless strip mall or condo development. I had to seek out Florida's National Parks to escape it all.

Certainly, the local ketchup seems odd and the choices are not as great, forget your cell phone (roaming charges are too high), internet is sparse. Baseball is big. You are free to walk around or take a guided tour. Crime is nil. Guns are zero.

People often go to Cuba to take advantage of their speedy high quality, affordable healthcare with no wait times and extended time to recuperate.

A lot of the Cuba stereotypes described earlier in this thread are from people who have never been there.

I know Florida is polarized with pro and anti Cuba sentiment but it has been a long time and the US sanctions are really not working. Time to move on and normalize relations.

Cuba has moved off the USA headlines and most of what President Trump said when he was in Florida was campaign style rhetoric to appeal to his base of voters.

A CBS poll from today puts President Trump's approval rating at 36% among 1117 respondents.

A poll aggregator of multiple current polls puts him at 38.7%

At this point in time, approx 150 days into his presidency, Obama's approval rating was in the range of 54-58% approval according to the far right leaning Rasmussen Reports. Rasmussen reports President Trump at 48%. President Trump often prefers to quote Rasmussen Report polling data even though many professional pollsters considers the data to be unreliable.

Gallup Polls places Trump at 38%. Trump's lowest Gallup poll ratings have been at 35%.
    funny I heard trumps approval rating was 52% Rasmussen stated.
    Rasmussen has ALWAYS been more honest and correct with their ratings.you need to put the koolaide down.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

When someone puts money into the hands of oppressors and then tries to defend it I just don't have the stomach for civility. It sickens me. Such a person is, in my opinion, the lowest form of scum, and he'll get no other response from me.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

At least, I am not alone. A record 4 million people visited Cuba in 2016 in part due to a big jump in visitors from the USA and Europe.

A Record 4 Million Tourists Visited Cuba in 2016 | Cuba

Canadians have been visiting Cuba for decades and Americans are eager to do the same.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

the Dems are sooo outraged that the russians " might have hacked" the elections... what about what just found out.. 5.7 million illegals voted in the Presidential elections during the 2012 vote...

or that ALL the "unmasking" papers have been moved to the obama library so that FIOA requests will NOT be honored for 5 more years.

oh WAIT that was all under obama's regime never mind..
    None of the mainstream media including Fox News has yet carried the claim that 5.7M illegals voted in the 2012 Presidential Election. A Google search reveals that a New Jersey Research group with a strong right wing bias has produced a complicated calculation based on a subset of 10,000 voters and extrapolated it across the nation. Other research groups have debated the accuracy of these claims.

President Trump refusing to acknowledge that he lost the popular vote in the 2016 election signed last month an executive order to set up a commission to try and find the truth in illegal voting.

One has to acknowledge that across the USA there are many well funded research groups that can produce scientific studies to reinforce whatever bias the funder of those research groups wants to present.

The competing claims of factual news vs produced news creates fake news.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

funny I heard trumps approval rating was 52% Rasmussen stated.
    Rasmussen has ALWAYS been more honest and correct with their ratings.you need to put the koolaide down.
    Well, this link to Rasmussen says other wise: Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

The forth paragraph pretty much says why the USA is conflicted.
    Last edited by ZOOTECH; 06-21-2017 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Must have been 'turdig' when posting
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Why wouldn't everyone be outraged about both? I can't see only Dems being disturbed about a foreign country possibly meddling in an election. And having 5.7 million people who are not eligible to vote taking part in an election should be disturbing to all as well.
    I don't know what "unmasking" papers are, so I can't comment on that.
    The point is that election meddling is to be expected. The more powerful you are, the more likely it is that foreign entities will try to influence your government. It's part of having power. We have to try to protect the elections, but there's no need for outrage. It's SOP.

But the reports on Russian influence have nothing to do with people wanting to protect our democracy. The reports are only there to try and prove that President Trump is illegitimate. That's the absolute ONLY reason anyone's talking about it.

There are over 3000 counties in the US. Each handles votes differently. Well... kind of. I think some states have made it uniform in all of their counties. But the point is, votes are tallied in different ways throughout the country. For that reason, it would be near impossible for an outside entity to really influence the votes on a scale that would actually change the end result in a national election (I know... here come the conspiracy theorists).

Now SOME people are pushing for a uniform voting system throughout the entire country. This would do two things: it would violate State Sovereignty, and it would make voter fraud MUCH easier.

Someone outside the US might not quite understand how important our state rights are. From the beginning, our country formed as a union of states... not as a unified nation. We are, essentially, 50 nations brought together to help protect each other. That's why the popular vote makes no difference and why it shouldn't make any difference. It's also why it's important to keep our voting system the way it is--where states decide how they will take the vote and count the vote.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    [snip]
    The competing claims of factual news vs produced news creates fake news.
    I agree...
    At the risk of digressing....

With most TV media fact verses fake news, the instance of some missed fact news is brought about by media content reporters,produces being lazy and not bothering to fully check their facts. I guess the lazy factor comes from their own point of content importance along with strict media broadcast/print deadlines.
    My wife even finds the time to laugh about fact fug-ups in the news. You watch one news broadcast station and the facts of the news event changes when you watch a rival stations news coverage. The media fact fug-up's are mostly incidental, but none the less they're prevalent enough to cause confusion/annoyance with some TV viewers.

Likewise fake news reporters have limited onsite fact resources, but for all intents and purposes, they are probably at the underground coal face of some news that cause mainstream media to pickup and report on the true facts. But it is still fake news or disinformation in some respects. Most people are not savvy enough to pickup on being lead by dis/misinformation. Misinformation is one technique used by clever "hackers" to get people to follow along and believe, act, vote within a predictable behaviour pattern.

When I'm not being lazy I always try to find both sides of the given story, provided I find the news subject matter relevant. If you merge both sides of any story the common factors cancel out and you're left with only the fact or fiction element as the final product.

The motivation of people caused by news comes down to the individual person "where you place your importance".
    Example : Horse racing has no importance to those who follow Olympic gymnasts, an vice versa.
    It is highly unlikely that a gymnast will care if the horses are racing this weekend due to weather.

Where you place an importance is the factor that motivates people one way or another.
    And like all news or print media, no font, pixel or sound wave has ever jumped up and physically hurt any person ever. Only people can place important on that information, which by their own choosing causes them to behave in a positive or negative manor.

And... what is important one day, is no longer important the next.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 06-22-2017 at 05:56 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    The point is that election meddling is to be expected. The more powerful you are, the more likely it is that foreign entities will try to influence your government. It's part of having power. We have to try to protect the elections, but there's no need for outrage. It's SOP.

But the reports on Russian influence have nothing to do with people wanting to protect our democracy. The reports are only there to try and prove that President Trump is illegitimate. That's the absolute ONLY reason anyone's talking about it.

There are over 3000 counties in the US. Each handles votes differently. Well... kind of. I think some states have made it uniform in all of their counties. But the point is, votes are tallied in different ways throughout the country. For that reason, it would be near impossible for an outside entity to really influence the votes on a scale that would actually change the end result in a national election (I know... here come the conspiracy theorists).

Now SOME people are pushing for a uniform voting system throughout the entire country. This would do two things: it would violate State Sovereignty, and it would make voter fraud MUCH easier.

Someone outside the US might not quite understand how important our state rights are. From the beginning, our country formed as a union of states... not as a unified nation. We are, essentially, 50 nations brought together to help protect each other. That's why the popular vote makes no difference and why it shouldn't make any difference. It's also why it's important to keep our voting system the way it is--where states decide how they will take the vote and count the vote.
    It only took some vote rigging in one state (Florida) to win George W his election.
    For something that doesn't mean anything Trump seems pretty eager to prove he won it.